• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Well, this is Azure Town, the 2nd or 3rd town in my hack and the town of the first Gym.

It's a map from hacking Emerald, as you can see by the graphics.

Well, the tall building is the lighthouse, which is required for beating the game(You get the HM Rock Smash at the top). The beach house is just a fish restaurant, with people(mostly sailors and fishermen) who sometimes give you items when you talk to them(One of which is the Old Rod). The houses are just random houses with generic people in them, some give you advice or items. The gym's type is electric, so that's something fresh from Nintendo's obsession of making the first gym Rock-type. This is my very first map, so it has its bugs in it...

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5914/azurecityla8.png
    May I ask a Question, Is that Olivine City with a MAJOR redesign?
    This Map is very good, it's like I would have never thought of it? you are very Talented too.:)

Could someone rate this map.
    New Bark Town; (snowy)
    Spoiler:
    Oh My Gosh! This is AMAZING!! I love the palettes and the new Tiles, this is Far better then any NEW BARK TOWN redesign I've ever Seen. It is Very detailed.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Just wondering what you think of this map.

the poke mart can only be accesed after you beat elite 4the cave will hold something special
    and the grass area will lead to another route but opens when you beat elite 4 and have 100 pokes.
    a new legendry is there.

this is m fist map so please be gentle.

snowy new bark.

i give that like a 10/10

its imense.

Last edited:

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Could someone rate my map.
    It's a remake of Pallet town using Ruby.

Spoiler:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Could someone rate my map.
    It's a remake of Pallet town using Ruby.

Spoiler:

Wow the map looks awesome
    8/10
    Reason-the tiles look awesome
    Suggestion-The D/P tiles dont look that great with the ruby tile. But its ok

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    ================
    Map Name: Mount Went.
    -----------------------------
    Rom: Pokemon Ruby
    Description: This is a map from my new hack, it's relatively large because I made it like that, :P.
    If your wondering why the grass is there, it is because you get given a Master Ball to
    catch your first Pokemon.
    Map:

================

Dark_porygon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    Mm don't really like it.
    6,5/10
    reason: It's quite empty
    Suggestion: You should try to add more trees and flowers and stuff like that. Or maybe some water?

Spoiler:

any rates?

Years
  • ================
    Map Name: Mount Went.
    Rom: Pokemon Ruby
    Description: This is a map from my new hack, it's relatively large because I made it like that, :P.
    If your wondering why the grass is there, it is because you get given a Master Ball to
    catch your first Pokemon.
    Map:

================

Rating: 6
    Reason: The map is way too plain, the mountains are too square, and the R/S tiles clash horribly with the DP tiles.
    Suggestion: Make the mountain more naturally shaped, try adding flowers, fences, and other things to it (as well as windows to houses) that fit, remove the grass, and replace the RS tiles with DP ones or vice versa.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Just wondering what you think of this map.

the poke mart can only be accesed after you beat elite 4the cave will hold something special
    and the grass area will lead to another route but opens when you beat elite 4 and have 100 pokes.
    a new legendry is there.

this is m fist map so please be gentle.

snowy new bark.

i give that like a 10/10

its imense.

I'd give it a 7/10
    It's not bad, but having the mart secluded isnt really the best idea, unless it was some special mart in which case I'd suggest that you do something to amke it look unlike the ordinary mart. I'm also guessing that it is a town flanked by three routes (going north, east, and west) If not I'd suggest filling in holes with trees. but on the whole not bad. :t380:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi! Could someone rate my map, please. This map is one of the towns you'll be visiting in my next Beta... I want it to be rated. Thanks in advance.
    This map is made out of scratch in a Ruby Version ROM (specifically, in my hack......)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Hi! Could someone rate my map, please. This map is one of the towns you'll be visiting in my next Beta... I want it to be rated. Thanks in advance.
    This map is made out of scratch in a Ruby Version ROM (specifically, in my hack......)
    Spoiler:

I'll give it a 9/10
    There was only 2 things that I found out of place.
    1.) that grey building next to the PC seems out of place with the rest of the houses in the town.
    2.) the grass tiles. they seem very busy and could be potentially stressful to the players eyes when playing.

other than that great job :t380:

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'll give it a 9/10
    There was only 2 things that I found out of place.
    1.) that grey building next to the PC seems out of place with the rest of the houses in the town.
    2.) the grass tiles. they seem very busy and could be potentially stressful to the players eyes when playing.

other than that great job :t380:

The grey building, I did that on purpose, and about the grass tiles, well, oh well...

Thanks for rating it! ^^

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 85

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: I edited Route 1. There are also more connections too. Give Cred to '♠EX' for Tiles and palettes.
    I know there are tree Errors, but It was too confusing to keep on changing it.(There are two trees anyways).

Mapshot: Down below.
    ~cooley~

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    The house in the corner, how do you get in it?
    But other then that i give it an 7.5/10

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Map Name: Route 85

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: I edited Route 1. There are also more connections too. Give Cred to '♠EX' for Tiles and palettes.
    I know there are tree Errors, but It was too confusing to keep on changing it.(There are two trees anyways).

Mapshot: Down below.
    ~cooley~

I kinda don't like the building located on the right...

But the map is very nice, indeed. Thee have my word...

7/10 ...

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back