• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Well maybe if you guys knew why it looked like a slightly edited pallet town. Well let me tell you...

The reason it is a slightly edited pallet town is because it is based back when Prof. Oak was a gym leader and that is his gym on there. Don't rate it because it looks like an already existing town, that's because it is an already existing town.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
  • Well, I don't mind showing some of my older maps from Rocket's Revenge before I updated to FireRed.

fort.jpg

The lower portion of this map got iffy. I didn't like the whole place where the lowest house is, and I didn't like the border of trees on the bottom.

map2-1.jpg

Some tiles were yet to be editted, a bit too boxxy on the top layer.
    I should've replaced those "lifts" with better houses, but overall I liked this one.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Well, I don't mind showing some of my older maps from Rocket's Revenge before I updated to FireRed.

fort.jpg

The lower portion of this map got iffy. I didn't like the whole place where the lowest house is, and I didn't like the border of trees on the bottom.

map2-1.jpg

Some tiles were yet to be editted, a bit too boxxy on the top layer.
    I should've replaced those "lifts" with better houses, but overall I liked this one.

Awesome. I noticed Small tiling errors on the side of the mountains.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    My Maps

Map Name: Pallet Town. (I didn't change the name yet)

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: I know it's terrible but I just started making maps. This is terrible if people could rate there own maps I'd give mine a 1. When you look at it, the trees don't fit in right, either does the pathway. Plus I can't figure out how to get into the extra buildings I add to the town.

Mapshot:
    PalletTown.jpg

Monkey In Rehab

Spritee
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    Spoiler:

Well, you can change the buildings by changing the tileset numbers in advance map. You can also change the roof of the buildings to make it connect to the path by using the block editor. Hope i helped. I give it a 6/10

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    and how am i supposed to be able to enter the extra buildings i add

Monkey In Rehab

Spritee
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2007
    It looks pretty good. You know you're gonna have to be pretty good at scripting to be able to pull this map off. I'd give it a 6 or 7.

Oops, i gave a wrong impression. This isnt for a hack. I just wanted to make a map. But now, i may make a hack =D

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hi! I was curious how will be my map rated here, so I am posting it here.

Map name: Rainwood Town
    Game: BPRE (FireRed) - my upcoming hack - Pokémon: Yiushu Adventures.
    Description: A quiet town located on the south of Yiushu region. It's full of smaller or bigger white stones which are said to be meteorites. When you surf to the left side, you will get to Rockwood shores and to the Lakeside city later on. When you go by foot to the right side, you will go through Grassrock Pass to the Moonray City, where the first gym leader of Yiushu built his Dark type gym.

Default weather: Raining

Note: The map was undergoing some pallete changes. The default tileset is number 61 (in AM) or if you want, the first Sevii tileset. Normally, there are 3 NPCs in the town, walking around and commenting either weather, or new trends and your Pokémon journey (when it starts by obtaining a Pokémon)

Tell me what you think...

Mapshot:
    64359hi.png

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Hi! I was curious how will be my map rated here, so I am posting it here.

Map name: Rainwood Town
    Game: BPRE (FireRed) - my upcoming hack - Pokémon: Yiushu Adventures.
    Description: A quiet town located on the south of Yiushu region. It's full of smaller or bigger white stones which are said to be meteorites. When you surf to the left side, you will get to Rockwood shores and to the Lakeside city later on. When you go by foot to the right side, you will go through Grassrock Pass to the Moonray City, where the first gym leader of Yiushu built his Dark type gym.

Default weather: Raining

Note: The map was undergoing some pallete changes. The default tileset is number 61 (in AM) or if you want, the first Sevii tileset. Normally, there are 3 NPCs in the town, walking around and commenting either weather, or new trends and your Pokémon journey (when it starts by obtaining a Pokémon)

Tell me what you think...

Mapshot:
    64359hi.png

Nice map. I don't see anything strange. I like the piece of sea. 8/10

Well... It's too short, and the grass is very ordered. I give you a 6.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    So, Zure, as you are in our group your map is of much higher qualities than the rating you've got. If I were the rater, I would give you a 8,5/10 for the Ruby map (rooftop tiles missing) and 9,5/10 for the LeafGreen map as you have the windows disordered in the blue house, but that can be easily fixed.
    Anyone here wanting to rate my map once again?

Yellow Magikoopa

Doin' the electric slide
    Years
  • Well, this is Azure Town, the 2nd or 3rd town in my hack and the town of the first Gym.

It's a map from hacking Emerald, as you can see by the graphics.

Well, the tall building is the lighthouse, which is required for beating the game(You get the HM Rock Smash at the top). The beach house is just a fish restaurant, with people(mostly sailors and fishermen) who sometimes give you items when you talk to them(One of which is the Old Rod). The houses are just random houses with generic people in them, some give you advice or items. The gym's type is electric, so that's something fresh from Nintendo's obsession of making the first gym Rock-type. This is my very first map, so it has its bugs in it...

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/5914/azurecityla8.png

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Could someone rate this map.
    New Bark Town; (snowy)
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back