• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I couldn't be stuffed hosting it, so it's an attachment.

Name: ----
    Description: The palettes are saturated to give it a nice feel. Because I'm experimenting with them. The town is the starting town in my new hack, and I want some criticism, though I think it's as good as it gets for starting towns. I have inserted many tiles, I'm changing playing around with the palettes a bit.
    Credits: Zel - Water Palette.
    Kyledove - House Palette.
    Rate: 9/10
    Reason: It is lovely in its simplicity and nice choice of palletes. Nice use of the paths and the fences, they look very nice.
    Suggestions: You could add some trees or anything in the empty gaps to not make the map have an empty feel to it. But nice work!

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    I couldn't be stuffed hosting it, so it's an attachment.

Name: ----
    Description: The palettes are saturated to give it a nice feel. Because I'm experimenting with them. The town is the starting town in my new hack, and I want some criticism, though I think it's as good as it gets for starting towns. I have inserted many tiles, I'm changing playing around with the palettes a bit.
    Credits: Zel - Water Palette.
    Kyledove - House Palette.

i would give you a 10/10 for this map everything is perfect

Jirachi_961

Owner of: Pokemon Reanimation
    Years
  • RATINGS: 5/10
    REASON: Though the map is kinda well balanced, the error of the tiles are not very pleasing... Were you inseting and making new tiles? :\
    SUGGESTION: The only thing I can suggest is that you should make those tiles more nicely done... I ain't no tiler, and so I can't go any further in that matter...
    PICTURE of ERRORS:

Wow, i really didnt see the sloppy work that i had done.. lol. I redid the map, and took out the bad peices.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Is that what you were looking for?

EDIT: I see another map error, and i have just fixed it. The one at the exit of the town, right next to the left side of the tree.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    New RATINGS: 8/10
    New REASON: It's looking way better now than the last time. ;) Although I kinda don't like the borders of the windows on those 2 houses on the top of the map, but still, the map's nice.
    New SUGGESTION: You used the wrong end tile of the white fences.It's noticable in gameplay, though.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • Hey rate my map I attached it, it's my first big map... photobucket wouldn't let me upload it... :(
    it's for a ruby hack

ratings please

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    RATINGS: 8/10
    REASON: Well, I like the map so much. :)
    SUGGESTION: Nothing, I guess...

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • Hey rate my map I attached it, it's my first big map... photobucket wouldn't let me upload it... :(
    it's for a ruby hack

ratings please

RATING: 9/10
    REASON: It has everything a map needs, a good balance of everything.
    SUGGESTION: The stairs on the left of the mountain are placed abit funny, its hard to explain but if you put the second one up one space and the third up two spaces then youll understand.

Years
    it's for a ruby hack

ratings please

Comment: The map is nicely Done, even through there's some tile errors, and some places are abit empty..

Suggestion: I suggest you to fill the top of the mountains abit..like insert some random mountains and such(on top, where the player can walk)

--Rate: 8/10

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • RATING: 9/10
    REASON: It has everything a map needs, a good balance of everything.
    SUGGESTION: The stairs on the left of the mountain are placed abit funny, its hard to explain but if you put the second one up one space and the third up two spaces then youll understand.

yeah, I realised that there is another tile for the 2nd flight of stairs, i'll insert those and fix that

Comment: The map is nicely Done, even through there's some tile errors, and some places are abit empty..

Suggestion: I suggest you to fill the top of the mountains abit..like insert some random mountains and such(on top, where the player can walk)

--Rate: 8/10

yeah i'll do that, thanks man

7/10

Because the stairs are a bit weird and I don't like the grass

thats a tile problem...I plan on changing the grass anyways...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hey rate my map I attached it, it's my first big map... photobucket wouldn't let me upload it... :(
    it's for a ruby hack

ratings please

Rate: 8/10
    Reason: Vincent rombase mixed with Kyledoves tiles don't match too much, but it looks ok ^^
    I found a few errors, but they're only minor. I like the way you placed the mountains, great job! The trees are placed in a square like shape, and thats not so good. Anyways, th map looks good.
    Suggestions: Add some matching grass tiles, and place some scattered trees

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I've got another map I made for fun.

Name: ---
    Description: Just a map I made for fun, tried to make it a bit more natural than other towns. The tree palette has been changed slightly, I added some more tiles. Again it's in the attachments because i'm too lazy too host it :).

Edit:
    Oops, wrong map xP.
    Argh, attachment isn't working. I have to upload it now...

Spoiler:

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    eheheh... I thought my computer was the one with problems for not showing the map. anyways...
    RATINGS: 8/10
    REASON: Well, it's peaceful-looking. I also like the balance of the map...
    SUGGESTION: Nothing, I guess... :\

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I've got another map I made for fun.

Name: ---
    Description: Just a map I made for fun, tried to make it a bit more natural than other towns. The tree palette has been changed slightly, I added some more tiles. Again it's in the attachments because i'm too lazy too host it :).

Edit:
    Oops, wrong map xP.
    Argh, attachment isn't working. I have to upload it now...

Spoiler:

RATING: 9/10
    REASON: A very interesting mix of subtle tiles that fill the space nicely. I love the way you improvise with the red roof tiles.
    SUGGESTION: The johto grass near the bottom of the map wouldnt grow naturally diagonally, i know im being picky but it was the first thing my eyes laid on so...

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • First: Im new to this forum so i cant post any images or links, youll have to copy the given url to see the images ;-)

All Maps dont have names, the Game is Firered.
    The Grass Tiles on the routes are not mine, i forgot where i took them from (sry for that). Im not going to publish any hack with this tiles, these maps were made just for fun!

Route 1:
    eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/route1.jpg
    Comments: There are some tile errors at the thin trees, ill take care of that.

Route2:
    eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/route2.jpg
    Comments: The left Part is nearly the original Nintendo one

Route 3:
    eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/route3.jpg
    Comments: Hmm none

A Town:

eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/bam.jpg
    Comments: A Remake of Cerulean City

Region Map:

eugenier.eu.ohost.de/poke/map2.jpg
    Comments: I cant manage to insert in a rom, im too stupid to do that...

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • 3/10- Your map as a lot of errors.....Sorry...It also doesn't look natural....Too many random things every where.......

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • i think ive seen this map before when i was reading this thread...

well...
    rating: 6/10
    reason: i like the shape of the map and there are some good iddeas (eg the house on top the hill). but i notice several tile errors (path on the top-left hill, grass on the big hill) and i dont like the big amount of stones, flowers and bushes all at the same spot
    suggestions: remake the border of the map and fix the things i mentioned above

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back