• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Improved Route 1

Image:

Spoiler:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hack of: FR

Credits:
    Mitchel1
    Kyledove
    Pey
    Alistar
    Haraken

Hack name: Pokamon: Tranquil Moon & Blazing Sun

Spoiler:

4/10. A few things bother me, it is very square and rather weird. The doors on the houses look very weird and why is there are a mart and center in the starter town?

Spoiler:

Hmm... I actually quite like this map. 7/10 It is very nice for a little route, it is quite nice :P

Improved Route 1

Image:

Spoiler:

I liked it before, and now I like it even more xD 9/10

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Time for me to review some...Lets get to it...
    Mytrix said:
    Improved Route 1

Image:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Wow...I like it...Such a nice...Beautiful map...
    9/10
    Looks good as is...:)

MASTEROFPUPPETS93 said:
    again i'll post a map :/ its the complete map of the part i showed you last time...

Map Name: -
    Map Game: FireRed (GER)
    Comments: It was hard :S
    Credits:
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -Pey!
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Wow thats big...And Great...Can't find a single mistake...The map was too big to fit on my post...
    10/10
    Looks good as is...

haefale said:
    Tiles by WesleyFG...

Screen:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate ;).

mfg,
    haefele

I...Too...Have fallen in love with this one...Theres so much going on in this map...Its...Urm...Awesome...
    10/10
    looks good as is...

PI Hudson said:
    Map-??? Town
    Game-Emerald(U)(ENG)
    Description-A town with a drainage river from Mirror Mt's and it eroded a hole in the south-east of the town leading into Waterfall Cave. In the north-east sector is a herbal shop. In the center, a gym with a stepping rock in front to get over the water. Outer border is tall grass to represent a field, and a lake below the fence on the bottom.
    Comments-It was interesting to find out that pokemon games use so little tiles, It get you wondering.(new to the hacking world)

The tiles are pretty random...and I'm definitely not a fan of the Gaping hole in the middle of a town...Its out of place...
    3.5/10
    Read a mapping tutorial...Learn Natural mapping...

The Warden said:
    Hack of: FR

Credits:
    Mitchel1
    Kyledove
    Pey
    Alistar
    Haraken

Hack name: Pokamon: Tranquil Moon & Blazing Sun

Map name: Base

Comments: Not sure if the grass is correct. It's the start place for my hack.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map name: -

Comments: Not sure if the grass is correct. The first route in my hack.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map#1-One of the most important rules...Don't make your maps Square...Add some more vegetation...you have enough room...
    4/10
    Don't make them square...Give them Shape...

Map#2-This ones not bad...A nice route...I Actually like it...
    8.5/10
    Its good as is...

~Shadow~

Last edited:

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 2

Map Game: Fire red

Comments: Please don't mind the top-right corner as players can't see it ingame.
    And as you can see, I'm not so good at mountains.
    So please rate honestly and please point out errors or possible improvements.
    Thanks.

BTW the map is big.

Mapshot: See attachment.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years

Comments: Please don't mind the top-right corner as players can't see it ingame.
    Thanks.

BTW the map is big.

Rating:
    I would give it 7/10

Reason: I like the map, it is big, and I really like the tree and the path tiles your using.

Suggestions:
    I would eliminate some of the rocks in the mountain region, there seems to be a lot of them. It also wouldn't hurt to eliminate some of the grass, it will be a pain going through all that grass when you're playing it. I also would suggest connecting the two paths at the bottom right.

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Thanks.

BTW the map is big.

Really cool map i think
    although the mountain sure could be improved, i think its not bad
    maybe try to add some variety into the mountain shape... i discovered that technique only a short while ago: the first step of making natural mountains is to make them from scratch (and no 100% straight lines that most people start off with). now that you have those nice lookin round shapesthat have some randomness in them, you can go one step further and make them even more random by not making them go into the desired target direction nearly-straight as they are right now... its kinda hard to explain... now you have curves, and it would be better if you wouldnt have curves but replace them with random shapes... well i think ill just attach a map of mine that sows what i mean
    i disagree with the previous post, i dont think there are too many rocks or too much grass... maybe remove one or 2 grass patches in every field

ill rate it 8/10

and heres my map, dunno if you get what i meant with the mountains from it, its really hard to explain
    feel free to rate it:

Map Name: Route 20
    Game: Legend of Fenju - Huoshi
    Comments: The cave is the cremation cave
    Spoiler:

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
  • Neti said:
    Spoiler:

Again an amazing map, Neti :D The only thing that bugs me is the lava... It's next to the edge of the mountains... Don't you think it would flow down, too? But it's your map, I don't have to teach you in these things... I leaned many things from you in mapping so I'll give it 9/10 ;)

laidjon said:
    Map Name: Route 2

Thanks.

BTW the map is big.

Great Map :) I like it! It's huge and natural^^ But why is the path so yellow? It's too light, I think :/ I give it 8,5/10

A new map (again again) It was boring :/ But this is an emerald one^^ i changed palettes and inserted just ONE tile;) Here it is:

Map Name: Route 6463 xD
    Map Game: Emerald (GER)
    Comments: It was easy :P

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • Ok I edited my map (oceanview town for Ruby) with some changes to some of the errors I had:

I made the map larger, redid the ocean border.
    I eliminated some rocks on beach and land, moved stuff around.
    I increased the size of the houses.
    I changed the border between grass and beach to a cliff.
    I fixed the tile above the cave.

I would appreciate suggestions to make this map better, it is the starting town so its important in the hack :D (Map in attachment)

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    New Maps for You.
    Credits: Kyledove
    hxxp://img3.imagebanana.com/img/em0164aa/Anfangsdorf2009.png
    hxxp://img3.imagebanana.com/img/k48zeuc1/Schluchtbrcke.png
    hxxp://img3.imagebanana.com/img/wr689gr/Waldroute.png
    hxxp://img3.imagebanana.com/img/nzjiyr31/100prozentWaldschlucht.png

!! don't hxxp:// !!
    You must do it http

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
    Years
  • Revised map

2nd attempt

Name-Crescent Town(new name, too)
    Game- Pokemon Shale(not listed)
    Base- Emerald (U)
    Comments-
    Spoiler:

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 6463 xD
    Map Game: Emerald (GER)
    Comments: It was easy :P

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    This Map looks good. Especially the Mountains and the Grass palette.
    I think this doesn't have some errors some i give you a Perfect Score 10/10.

Spoiler:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    The map looks a mazy one. But it's really nice.. No Errors. Perfect Score! 10/10

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Map Name: Inshika Town
    Game: Pokémon Island Mystery: Torn Shadows
    Comments: As you may know, me and Marxvile decided to re-start IM on Ruby. But I have never mapped on Ruby before. So here was my shot it the starter town, enjoy xD

Map Rating/Review Thread

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    Comments: As you may know, me and Marxvile decided to re-start IM on Ruby. But I have never mapped on Ruby before. So here was my shot it the starter town, enjoy xD

Map Rating/Review Thread

youre map is good but its a little beAr... youre water is square as well. youre map is also really grenn. If your intending to make it greenish go ahead. if not change the path. other than that it is quite good

7.5/10

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years

Map Rating/Review Thread
    This looks good Goodies :3. and i really like the map. except the pond can you make it a little bit smaller? then add some trees to make it look good.. I'll rate you 8/10 :P.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Well, Basicly, I like the map. I like the way you placed everything and so, I think the playability is really good, the map is nice and simple.

Although, the trees and the pond are a little square, the pond itself is just a little too big, and it's a bit empty at some spots of the map.
    I don't really like the trees, but i won't make my rate lower just because my taste is different. The pond tiles are tearing my eyes out, they just don't fit there at all... But as I said, I'm not gonna rate the map lower because of the tiles.

My rating... 8,23/10.

Suggestions: Well, first of all, I would change the pond tiles. You've probably figured that out already. then, maybe make the pond more basic and add some trees. and maybe fill the empty spaces just a little. Maybe a flower or two, that'd do it... I'm not really a fan of the RSE-games, but this map is pretty good. Good luck hacking!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back