• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    Great to see Haggar. I have never played Final Fight before though, so I wouldn't know anything about him.

I don't know how gapplers will fare in MVC3 though. xD

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney
    Gill - Street Fighter III
    Rival Schools series
    Sengoku Basara series
    Power Stone series
    Monster Hunter series
    Breath of Fire series
    Three Wonders game

Unlikely due to some sort of possible deconfirmation..
    MegaMan X - Due to what was previously stated
    Any more Darkstalkers - Due to Niitsuma's Twitter stating 'No more Darkstalkers', although said tweet has sense disappeared.
    nooo... i had really thought that they would put in somebody from sengoku BASARA... T.T
    and damn i hoped for more darkstalkers characters too. maybe a hint that they are going to make a new darkstalkers?
    although i wanted to see a monster hunter character, i can understand why they wouldnt put any in. mh is all about the monsters, characters don't really matter. though a mh stage would be pretty neat.
    well that almost crosses out my whole list. although unlikely i still hope to see megaman zero gba form and frank west or chuck greene.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Great to see Haggar. I have never played Final Fight before though, so I wouldn't know anything about him.

I don't know how gapplers will fare in MVC3 though. xD

Ex-pro wrestler turned mayor. Don't ask how. o3o

I can only imagine that they'll do well. That spinning lariat move is gonna be fun to use/abuse. o3o

I just wanna see who's gonna be the new Cable. o3o

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    nooo... i had really thought that they would put in somebody from sengoku BASARA... T.T
    and damn i hoped for more darkstalkers characters too. maybe a hint that they are going to make a new darkstalkers?
    although i wanted to see a monster hunter character, i can understand why they wouldnt put any in. mh is all about the monsters, characters don't really matter. though a mh stage would be pretty neat.
    well that almost crosses out my whole list. although unlikely i still hope to see megaman zero gba form and frank west or chuck greene.
    Sengoku Basara probably got left out because of being virtually unknown in the US and Europe.
    Niitsuma asked the Monster Hunter team if they could use one of their characters (like the Kirin Huntress), but got turned down.
    Zero is likely, but probably in his MegaMan X form, as X became unlikely, Seth said X fans would be happy, and Niitsuma said there would be an MMX rep.
    Frank West is almost certainly in, since he's had a silhouette since the beginning.

If you like Darkstalkers, go to Capcom-Unity and post something saying you want a new Darkstalkers in one of the Darkstalkers threads in 'Ask Capcom' and 'Capcom Games Discussion'. Ono, the director of the new Street Fighter games, said he really wants to do a new Darkstalkers, but he needs to prove to his higher ups that people would buy one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    A lot of the Darkstalkers characters would probably be a pain to render in 3D and make it work within the technical limitations you get in a team fighter like MvC3.

Ryota Niitsuma said:
    Darkstalkers characters are all complete memory hunger-mad characters because they constantly transform into things. They can't just walk – they have to change into something when they move and it just uses a lot of data.

Similarly we probably won't see Venom around either, because he has a bunch of moves that involve weird things appearing or changing his character model completely. Not only does this make creating the character itself much more time-consuming. but then you've got to fit all this other stuff into the same memory that's being shared by 5 other characters. Ditto, say, Captain Commando because he can summon one of 3 different characters during a special move.

Hell, if Dimitri or Anakaris were in, you would have to create an extra character model for everyone to accommodate Midnight Bliss and Pharaoh's Curse, then either keep them loaded in RAM at all times or find a very creative way of masking the load time when supers in this game execute so quickly.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    SICK! though i'm guessing it would be characters that do have alternate japanese voices, like Resident Evil characters are still in English in the games.
    Nope, they said that even Capcom characters who have only spoken in English or Japanese until now will be receiving Japanese and English voices.

I kinda wish certain Marvel characters would be getting Japanese voices though, like Wolverine, who knows how to speak Japanese in the comics themselves, or Iron Man, who probably does. Coincidentally, both of those characters currently have anime airing in Japan.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Nope, they said that even Capcom characters who have only spoken in English or Japanese until now will be receiving Japanese and English voices.

I kinda wish certain Marvel characters would be getting Japanese voices though, like Wolverine, who knows how to speak Japanese in the comics themselves, or Iron Man, who probably does. Coincidentally, both of those characters currently have anime airing in Japan.
    Hmm yeh. if they're going to the trouble of including both language for capcom characters then why not marvel? i'm sure alot of the cartoons and movies have been dubbed in japan. oh well, i'll just set the original voices for all characters anyway. :)
    i've heard that they have already decided the characters for the game but they might add dlc characters. but knowing capcom the only dlc they'll be putting in are costumes. XD

Trish

Years
    Good news guys!

She-Hulk and Zero News

She-Hulk and Zero are both confirmed for MVC3, together with combat previews of them.

She-Hulk is looking hot as ever. She looks like she'll play like El Fuerte from SFIV. Zero's looking bad-ass as well.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    That's not all, this makes DLC characters confirmed.
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

So say 'Welcome Back' to Jill Valentine from Resident Evil and Shuma Gorath from Dr. Strange!
    Jill seems like she may have a new moveset though, since she's in her Resident Evil 5 appearance.

All I know is that I'm reserving Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds = Collector's Edition as soon as I can!

Yes, yes they will. :D

Alternate costume for She-Hulk is her Fantastic Four leotard, which is awesome! Zero has Megaman's palette colors in his alternate costume.

Zero Alternate Costume

She-Hulk Alternate Costume

And I gotta say, Zero's X2 theme is top-notch in MVC3. :o
    Actually, She-Hulk's first alt is based on Lyra's Frightful Four costume, since you can see she has red hair and the uniform is red instead of blue. Although, there were a few style differences to better fit She-Hulk's model, like taking off the sleeves, legs, and tiara.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

For those who don't know, Lyra is She-Hulk from another world/time. I bet She-Hulk's other two alts will be Red She-Hulk and her actual Fantastic Four uniform.

MegaMan X's colours on Zero look great though, now I just hope that they'll use the right Black Zero alt instead of the horrible version of it from Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Last edited:

Trish

Years
    Went onto PC just to post the DLC news. So hype!

There was a leak list before that guessed BOTH Shuma and Jill correctly as DLC characters. Said leak list is in the link below, if you want to see it (spoilers and all):-

Leak List

It's just a rumor, though the leak list is backed up by "very reliable sources", so take it with a grain of salt.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I don't think that's too true. Niitsuma already said no more Darkstalkers and I believe Kensk, who leaked Juri and Hakan by name for Super SFIV, said that Hsien-Ko and Taskmaster would be DLC.

Another problem with the list is the lack of an actual MegaMan and Thor is missing as well.

Trish

Years
    I wouldn't believe in any leak list for now. Officials have already disconfirmed (or heavily implied) any more Darkstalkers or SF shotos into the roster. Megaman isn't inside the list (WTF, he's a Capcom staple) and Thor is missing, which conclusively debunks this list.

But guessing Shuma and Jill as playable AND as DLC characters is one damn good guess. So make the list with what you will.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    That's not all, this makes DLC characters confirmed.
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    omg that looks so awesome!!
    oh man they better release it in australia. it should be ok considering alot of the capcom collector's editions are released here, though with an enormous price tag such as $160 for re5... BUT I WOULD PAY THAT MONEY FOR THIS!

happy to see zero! although its the x version, the moveset is pretty differant to tatcap so that makes me happy. XD

EDIT:wow! Hsien-ko! that leak better be correct...

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Don't count on it, Thor was missing along with a MegaMan.
    Not to mention more Darkstalkers were already deconfirmed. I'm betting on her or Talbain to appear as DLC though, personally I want Hsien-Ko.

In other news, I just got back from reserving MvC3:Special Edition..yay!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Zero! He's looking great in action. Remixed theme sounds awesome as well. (His X2 theme was always my favorite) I always did prefer his MMX design. Don't know much about She-Hulk, but Marvel needed some more females. Love the outfit, lol.

Never was a fan of Shuma or Jill in MvC2, but hearing there's DLC gives me some hope on some other characters making it in. :D

Last edited:
    Back