• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    Don't count on it, Thor was missing along with a MegaMan.
    Not to mention more Darkstalkers were already deconfirmed. I'm betting on her or Talbain to appear as DLC though, personally I want Hsien-Ko.

In other news, I just got back from reserving MvC3:Special Edition..yay!
    awesome! man its times like these that i wish i lived in america. :\
    yeh but didnt he/she say that they thought they missed a character? and with the megaman thing, cant zero count as a megaman? i mean his alt colour is the x palette, and he has starred in his own game as a megaman.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    If you're in Europe, they're getting a Special Edition as well, it just hasn't been completely revealed yet. All that is known about it is that it contains an artbook.

Actually, no, Zero doesn't count as a MegaMan. A MegaMan is defined by these traits: Blue Armor, More or less similar design, Arm Cannon (Buster), Mostly projectile based.
    Zero is Melee based, Red Armor, and a distinct difference in design. His MegaMan X inspired colour doesn't matter.

Now, he did star in his own series, but the version of Zero being used in Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the MegaMan X version, not the MegaMan Zero version. Also, he wasn't a 'MegaMan' in that series. The only reason it was called MegaMan Zero was so that the costumers would know that it was part of the MegaMan series. Not once in those games is Zero referred to as a 'MegaMan'.

Regardless, Niitsuma already said that a MegaMan is in the game, he just never stated which one.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
    You can always go to a nearby games retail store and ask to pre-order a copy of MVC3 CE from an American supplier. That's how I usually do it here in Malaysia if I ever wanted to get an item from there that I can't get here. :)

Never would've thought She-Hulk would play like El Fuerte from SF4 though. It looks interesting, but her run animation is a bit dumb. xD

Ghosts n' Goblins stage is pretty awesome though. Never played the game personally, but I am loving the stage background, with the eerie atmosphere and the Halloween theme, and with Firebrand flying around. The moat where you fight on feels like a subtle reference to the River stage in MVC2, which is great. Alll I'm wanting now is a stage with Marvel zombies. :O

There are two new videos of She-Hulk and Zero in matches. Go check them out on Youtube. Zero is a COMBO BEAST.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Yeah, Zero is a beast. I'm glad a character I actually like to play as looks like he'll be awesome in the game, since my MvC2 characters, Morrigan, MegaMan, Roll, Psylocke, and Rogue, were pretty low tier (well, except Psylocke).

I'm loving the GnG stage too. I can't be certain, but I think portions of the background make up parts of the first level. I didn't check though. I love seeing Red Arremer flying around too, along with the Final Boss, Astaroth.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    If you're in Europe, they're getting a Special Edition as well, it just hasn't been completely revealed yet. All that is known about it is that it contains an artbook.

Actually, no, Zero doesn't count as a MegaMan. A MegaMan is defined by these traits: Blue Armor, More or less similar design, Arm Cannon (Buster), Mostly projectile based.
    Zero is Melee based, Red Armor, and a distinct difference in design. His MegaMan X inspired colour doesn't matter.

Now, he did star in his own series, but the version of Zero being used in Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the MegaMan X version, not the MegaMan Zero version. Also, he wasn't a 'MegaMan' in that series. The only reason it was called MegaMan Zero was so that the costumers would know that it was part of the MegaMan series. Not once in those games is Zero referred to as a 'MegaMan'.

Regardless, Niitsuma already said that a MegaMan is in the game, he just never stated which one.
    maybe the western one is a bit differant but, i swear x mentioned that zero was a rockman in the jap version of megaman zero 3. maybe im getting mixed up with zx. also on a side note the megaman in zx advent isnt blue and doesnt look that similar to the other megamen (is that you would call them?)
    but yeh regardless whether that leak is real or not, i would like to see Hsien-Ko in one form or another, whether its in the game or as dlc.
    dont know how malaysia works but ordering stuff from an american supplier is something i'm pretty sure we cant do here. eb games (the local game retail store) doesnt even like it when we trade in an american game, even if its region free. i'll just have to hope the special edition releases here. :(

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    The main reasons I'm buying this game:

Dante, Trish, Chris, Wesker.

I'm a huge DMC and RE fangirl. I've never owned an MvC game before, but I'm pretty excited because the rosters this time look awesome ~

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    maybe the western one is a bit differant but, i swear x mentioned that zero was a rockman in the jap version of megaman zero 3. maybe im getting mixed up with zx. also on a side note the megaman in zx advent isnt blue and doesnt look that similar to the other megamen (is that you would call them?)
    but yeh regardless whether that leak is real or not, i would like to see Hsien-Ko in one form or another, whether its in the game or as dlc.
    dont know how malaysia works but ordering stuff from an american supplier is something i'm pretty sure we cant do here. eb games (the local game retail store) doesnt even like it when we trade in an american game, even if its region free. i'll just have to hope the special edition releases here. :(
    You're thinking of MegaMan ZX, where everyone who can MegaMerge/Rock On is called a MegaMan/Rockman. Zero is just Zero, he's a creation of Dr. Wily and I don't think Wily would call Zero a 'MegaMan'.
    Actually, the main MegaMan of ZX, Aile/Vent, do wear Blue usually and in their original Model, Model X, they are entirely based off of MegaMan X. Zx only comes about later on. The reason Model Zx is more prominent is because MegaMan ZX is the more-or-less sequel to the MegaMan Zero series. Regardless, neither Zero nor Model ZX is what's meant by the term 'MegaMan' in this case. For a VS series representative, a 'MegaMan' would be MegaMan, X, Volnutt, MegaMan.exe, Model X, or Geo. Model ZX would be seen as a 'Zero' (so would ProtoMan.exe). For this context, 'MegaMan' and 'Zero' are seen as types, just like 'Shoto' refers to movesets like Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, Dan, and Gouken.

I also made this for fun. I hope this is one of Zero's colours. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned, except that they gave us a horrid version of it in Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    wow that is sweeeet!
    yeh that clears things up. well, as long as it isn't volnutt i'll be happy, i hated him in tatcap with his annoying moveset. XD

i have just rewatched alot of the trailers again and man the soundtrack is so awesome! really can't wait for january. XD

Trish

Years
    Hopefully we get the Episode 3 trailer maybe this week or next week.

Need to see them new characters in their CGI (particularly Magneto and Zero), as well as some epic battles. <3

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    yeh it is about time i reckon. i would also like to see those two characters, plus x-23 and the spidey in action. XD
    i hope they put in felicia as well, seeing as she missed out episode 2 for some reason.

Years
    I'm so hyped for this game. So many great memories of jamming out on MVC2 back in the day on dreamcast. The videos look great and street fighter 4 was a good sign of what we might be able to expect from Capcom! Can't wait to pick this one up...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Memo to Capcom Japan:

Unlockable characters in a fighting game are a terrible idea and should have been phased out with the rest of the antiquated game mechanics.

Trish

Years
    Ugh, unlocking the characters in SSBB were TORTURE. About half of the roster were unlockables, I think.

Would like to see at most 2 unlockable characters though, just for the heck of unlocking characters. xD

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Unlocking the characters in SSBB was like the easiest thing ever, you just had to play through that story mode thing. I don't mind unlocking characters too much, but it would be nicer to just have them from the start.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    And herein the problem lies that there is nothing you can gain from playing a single player fighting game that you can't practice better by going into training mode.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I don't disagree, but I think that the single player modes of fighting games are still very fun to play. I love Arcade Mode and Story Modes, like in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and BlazBlue. They're just fun.

Anyway, I'm only waiting on two characters now and I'll have some of my most wanted characters in the game, since I've already got Morrigan, Zero, X-23, Chun-Li, Dante, Deadpool, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Jill Valentine. If I get these characters, even as DLC, I'll be a happy girl.
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
    Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Trish

Years
    Total hype for Storm. She's just like her incarnation gameplay-wise from MVC2. :)

New stage announced is The Hand Headquarters, a Marvel stage, representing possibly Wolverine, Elektra, Psylocke and/or Daredevil. Fingers crossed for Elektra, we totally need more girls on the Marvel's side. :o

Back