• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen May CoroCoro! Four New Pokémon Revealed!!

Which Pokemon do you like the best?

• Elikiteru

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gogoat

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Yayakoma

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • Yamchan

Votes: 48 39.3%

• Total voters

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Oh boy, did u 4get charizard?
Anyways back to the topic.

I didn't like fletchling at all. It looks like a simple bird which we use to draw when we were in middle school.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Oh boy, did u 4get charizard?
Anyways back to the topic.

I didn't like fletchling at all. It looks like a simple bird which we use to draw when we were in middle school.

It looks exactly like a Pokemon should based on the Robin...
Pidgey was simple...
Spearow was simple...
Farfetch'd was simple...
Hoothoot was simple...
Taillow was simple...
Starly was simple...
Pidove was simple...

Simple isn't a bad thing... It's actually kind of... good...

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Actually i loved hoothoot and starly's design..
Fletchling looks like a kid drawing a bird.
That black bird from the fake scans would have been better imo.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
While I enjoy fletchling design I must admit it does look like a drawing a young child could be able to draw with ease...makes it easy to do fan art...however that's what gives it it's charm imo.

blue

gucci
Years
All of the regional birds start off from a small basic design based off a real bird and some are smaller than others which makes it seem a little easier to draw, they're limited to what they can use since they've already created Pidgey which is based of a Pigeon, Hoothoot as an Owl, Taillow as a Swallow, Starly as a Starling and Mamepato as another pigeon. At least they haven't recreated what has already been done before like they did in Gen V. I'm pretty pleased with Fletchling, we've never had a Robin Pokemon before and I'm looking forward to see how it evolves.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think Fletchling has the potential to be one of the best regional birds they've ever done, both design-wise and competitively. At least that's what I'm rooting for. Compared to an actual Japanese Robin, Fletchling's design is pretty accurate. Like some have already said, each of the birds have started off pretty basic and evolved into something more detailed afterward. I don't see why Fletchling wouldn't turn out the same. Maybe even come out as a Fire/Flying like some have predicted, even though I have my doubts about that happening.

I didn't like Fletchling much as it looked too plain... until I realized its eyes were penguins.
...what? lol

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I think Fletchling has the potential to be one of the best regional birds they've ever done, both design-wise and competitively. At least that's what I'm rooting for. Compared to an actual Japanese Robin, Fletchling's design is pretty accurate. Like some have already said, each of the birds have started off pretty basic and evolved into something more detailed afterward. I don't see why Fletchling wouldn't turn out the same. Maybe even come out as a Fire/Flying like some have predicted, even though I have my doubts about that happening.

...what? lol

Even if it stays Normal/Flying I have a feeling that it will be the next best speed attacker in the sky... With an amazing move set to boot... I do hope it becomes a robin-phoenix type being though as I will then grab him up for my first play-through of the game with my Chespin or Froakie and Pancham!

blue

gucci
Years
I've always used the regional bird on my team ever since the beginning, so there's no doubt that I'll be using Fletchling. It would be a nice surprise to find it evolves into some sort of over powered phoenix to be part fire type, I'm not too sure whether the fire type part is all that likely but I have a feeling this one is going to be pretty strong!

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've always used the regional bird on my team ever since the beginning, so there's no doubt that I'll be using Fletchling. It would be a nice surprise to find it evolves into some sort of over powered phoenix to be part fire type, I'm not too sure whether the fire type part is all that likely but I have a feeling this one is going to be pretty strong!

For some reason, I've never used the regional bird, unless you count Braviary... This generation looks like it's going to change many things like people choosing the grass starter for once and me using the regional bird. I think its likely that a robin, which is red, would evolve into phoenix type bird. I've always wanted a Pitohui region bird, which would be Poison/Flying. I guess there's always Gen 7... Maybe the robin evolves into a Pitohui... But that would be less likely than the phoenix theory.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It'll be in mine too as my team tends to be made up of the first six I've captured, which means starter and 5 early route mons.
I feel that if Fletchling's evolution is stronger than past regional birds the levels of it's evolutions should be higher than normal.

Also while no regional bird has broken the Normal/Flying theme we have had one Rodent who has broken the pure normal at final stage, Bibarel. So hopefully Fletchling's evolution will be the Bibarel of the regional birds.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
I might just have to have 12 main mons and alternate a lot instead of 6 at this point. 6 generations, plus all these sweet must have new Pokemon? I don't think I could limit it to only a single party at this point :P

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
This generation looks like it's going to change many things like people choosing the grass starter for once and me using the regional bird.

This is exactly how i feel as well. The only early bird i've ever used was Pidgeot, but Fletchling looks pretty cool, and if his evo becomes anything like a Phoenix I'll definitely have him in my party!
Also, it might be the first time i'll pick the grass starter, but that's another topic ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I would really like for Fletchling to turn into a fenghuang! And as Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said, Bibarel was Normal/Water, so Fletchling changing type as it evolves isn't completely out of the question. Pancham and Helioptile learn new attacks, so it makes sense that those were revealed along with it. Horn Leech was only learnable by Sawsbuck, so it's a big deal that Gogoat can use it, too. So specifically saying that Fletchling can learn Flame Charge (which is kind of hard to believe when you first look at it, even if Flame Robins exist) of ALL things must hold some importance...unless it ends up learning moves of every type...which would make it really terrifying xD

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I would really like for Fletchling to turn into a fenghuang! And as Magmaruby and Aquasapphire said, Bibarel was Normal/Water, so Fletchling changing type as it evolves isn't completely out of the question. Pancham and Helioptile learn new attacks, so it makes sense that those were revealed along with it. Horn Leech was only learnable by Sawsbuck, so it's a big deal that Gogoat can use it, too. So specifically saying that Fletchling can learn Flame Charge (which is kind of hard to believe when you first look at it, even if Flame Robins exist) of ALL things must hold some importance...unless it ends up learning moves of every type...which would make it really terrifying xD

Like I said, I'll use Fletchling even if he doesn't get the fire typing, so long as he gets a great moveset.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2013
My idea about Gogoat riding is that it's sorta a taxi service within the city. The cloth on its back makes me think so.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
The only one that I am not currently a fan of is the Electric Lizard Beagle thing.

But you never know. So far, almost every Pokemon revealed for X and Y has been something that I didn't like when I first saw it, but I really like it now.

Even Mewtwo and Sylveon.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Fletchling looks delightful. All the regional birds can be drawn by children, and honestly, I think Fletchling has one of the more sophisticated designs among them (at least, not as bare bones as Pidgey or Starly). So at least I liked it.

I haven't really disliked any Pokemon this generation, except the (in my opinion, although I know some people have liked it) hideous Chespin, but I always thought Helioptile looked a little funky. Not that I minded it, I just thought it had a rather odd design. When I saw in the trailer its ear strips could actually unfold to resemble the skin flaps of real life lizards, though, I didn't think it was that weird.

Gogoat is really rather handsome, in its own Pokemon way.

That being said, I haven't gone crazy for any particular Pokemon (like I did for Munna back before Black and White came out).
Although, this might be the first generation in which I don't ever pick the Grass-type starter (due to my aforementioned dislike of Chespin...) as I am choosing Fennekin first, and then Froakie if there's a sequel to X and Y or something. Quite a bit off-topic, I suppose, but I agree with the others that say that this generation might change quite a few preconceived habits of ours, or at least mine...

[...T]hey've already created Pidgey which is based of[f] a [p]igeon, [...] Mamepato [Pidove] as another pigeon. At least they haven't recreated what has already been done before like they did in Gen V.

Since when has Pidgey ever resembled an actual pigeon? The only thing that even remotely connects it to pigeons is the name. Anatomically, it does't really resemble pigeons at all (unless you want to use the argument it's also a bird, but with that logic, they're all identical...) as much as it resembles sparrows or flinches.

So no, Generation V did not recreate or reuse any previous ideas (except the idea of a regional bird itself) because we did not have a prior actual pigeon Pokemon at all. Generation V was just as original as any other generation when it came to the regional bird. At least, that's what I think.

I don't know about you, but I just thought I'd put that out there. :P

Last edited:

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Pidgey doesn't look like a pigeon at all lol

pidgey.jpg

pigeon.jpg

Zero resemblance.

If anything, Pidgey is a type of finch.

wildbird_22389.jpg

Look how cute he is <3

And whoever said Yayakoma's eye has a penguin in it... So true! lol Good catch!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Not to get off topic, but there are those out there who still think Spinda is a rabbit(while it's a panda)...I can see where you're getting at, just saying that sometimes things aren't totally clear, haha. Some do resemble things other than what they really are.

Last edited:
Back