• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
  • Same for if it were made part Ground...all the former Physical types seem to suffer from lack of special moves... Dark though despite having been a former Special type lacks special type moves...well it lacks decent moves in general with the best being Dark Pulse imo.

Well...they could still make it a Special fighter considering how Mega Charizard X was mix despite Dragon having better special type moves (only good one is Dragon Claw) while Mega Charizard Y made it into even more of a special attacker despite Flying type having better attack offensive moves than special offensive moves.

Yeah, but most sets, with Charizard, despite being a mixed Pokémon, was leaning towards one or the other in competitive play. Charizard X was always viewed as the physical one(its usual set being Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Roost, U-turn i believe), and Charizard Y being the special one with(its usual set being Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Solarbeam, Roost, Air Slash i believe) so either way, people will go around it, and if it is a mixed Fire/Fighting(lets hope not, too many of those) itll have a physical set over a special one with Brick Break, Earthquake, Flare Blitz, and Wild Charge

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I'm afraid of any Pokemon I actually like getting a mega. Who knows how they'll mess up the design :(

That's pretty much what I thought about all of the mega evolutions. So far, I'm pretty impressed. When I heard that there was gonna be a mega Houndoom, I was so scared of how it would look. To my surprise, mega Houndoom was by far my favorite mega evolution released.

Charizard X, Absol, Gengar, Kangaskhan. All in all, I think they did pretty good with the mega evolutions thus far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe they should make two Megas for Typholosion? Actually...Typholosion has the same exact stats as Charizard including distribution...the whole line does. So if they were to keep that intact making two (one that shares it's stats with X and another with Y) could work.

DJTiki

Years
  • That would be nice. Typhlosion X is special with the Fire/Ground typing(since it can learn solarbeam and extrasensory) and it can hopefully get earth power. Typhlosion Y is physical with Fire/Fighting, since it can learn ALOT of physical fighting moves.

Years
  • That would be nice. Typhlosion X is special with the Fire/Ground typing(since it can learn solarbeam and extrasensory) and it can hopefully get earth power. Typhlosion Y is physical with Fire/Fighting, since it can learn ALOT of physical fighting moves.

In this case Omega and Alpha :3. Well one of them will need to be more mix considering Mega Charizard X was mixed, if they decide to keep the pattern of the Typholosion line having the same stat distribution and total as the Charizard line that is. Damn poor Typholosion should get a secondary type (that isn't Dragon...I doubt it'll get flying so that's out xD) so that it's not an inferior copy of Charizard...

DJTiki

Years
  • In this case Omega and Alpha :3. Well one of them will need to be more mix considering Mega Charizard X was mixed, if they decide to keep the pattern of the Typholosion line having the same stat distribution and total as the Charizard line that is. Damn poor Typholosion should get a secondary type (that isn't Dragon...I doubt it'll get flying so that's out xD) so that it's not an inferior copy of Charizard...

Buuuuuttt tthen again, all the starters in Gen 2 are inferior to Pokemon introduced in Gen 1 xD, Typhlosion is inferior to Charizard. Meganium is inferior to Venusuar. And Feraligatr is inferior to Gyarados.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I don't really see why they would give other Gen starters Megas in ORAS. In future games they almost certainly will. Who knows, maybe one day Samurot will finally become Water/Fighting and be able to learn Sacred Sword by a Move Tutor.

Last edited:

Years
  • I don't really see why they would give other Gen starters Megas in ORAS. In future games they almost certainly will. Who knows, maybe one day Samurot will finally become Water/Fighting and be able to learn Sacred Sword by a Move Tutor.

Well they gave Megas to the Kanto starters for XY. If the Johto starters are in ORAS after we complete the regional dex like in Emerald then it'll make sense for them to get Megas too.

Years
  • Twenty years from now, we'll be playing X and Y remakes with every single starter owning a Mega evolution. Jokes aside, doubt they touch any of the other starters for ORAS at least. It seemed like an incomplete set when only Blaziken received a Mega in Kalos, so Swampert and Sceptile have been expected to get ones in the future for some time. Only ones even in the realm of possibility would be the Johto starters.

Years
  • Twenty years from now, we'll be playing X and Y remakes with every single starter owning a Mega evolution. Jokes aside, doubt they touch any of the other starters for ORAS at least. It seemed like an incomplete set when only Blaziken received a Mega in Kalos, so Swampert and Sceptile have been expected to get ones in the future for some time. Only ones even in the realm of possibility would be the Johto starters.

I think they'll only do the Johto starters in addition the already confirmed missing Hoenn two. Btw anyone noticed how the missing Hoenn Megas have the types of the mascots? Swampert has Groudon and Kyogre's Ground and Water types (well Water and Ground), and now Sceptile has Rayquaza's Dragon type. Now if they give Primal Groudon Fire then they'll all share at least one type with the mascots of their games.

I think we may see one other region pair get Megas during 'Z' along with the Kalos Starters (who will probably get one since Diancie got one and it wasn't even tested out by players (excluding hackers)...so that gets in the way of balance...). Should they make Delta Emerald and change the set then all of them could be done before generation's end.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • You do realize Diancie is our first Kalos-based Pokemon that received a Mega. I don't know why Diancie out of all those 60ish Pokemon gets a mega. We don't even know about Diancie or has it been released yet. But if I have to speculate, Diancie might be one of the little bridges connecting XY and ORAS.

Years
  • Since Diancie received a Mega, i think this time gamefreak will make more Mega Evolutions for Unova and Kalos's pokemon

Btw, what if each fossil will Acient Devolved ?

Years
  • Mega Evolution is a great way to Avoid making new pokemon. We already have enough fish, etc. We don't need to make redundant mons to fill out the Dex. The Dex is full.

So, now they can add fewer new pokemon, to only pick the best. And add Megas to satisfy our need for "new" mons.

If you add the Gen6 mons with the number of Megas, they added about the same number of pokemon the always do. ~100

I think Gen5 and 6 starters need more time to find themselves before GF "makes them better"

I have to agree, as long as I like having lots of new pokemon I don't want them to be redundant, it's better to have fewer and more unique pokemon and X and Y definitely went this way, even the most generic pokemon are unique in theyr own way, instead of the classic rodent we have a normal/ground type and instead of the classic bird we got a fire/flying, and adding mega evolutions is a great way to increase the number of "new" pokemon.

By the way mega Sceptile and mega Swampert are amazing, I love them, I'm seriously considering using Sceptile once the game comes out.

Years
  • I have to agree, as long as I like having lots of new pokemon I don't want them to be redundant, it's better to have fewer and more unique pokemon and X and Y definitely went this way, even the most generic pokemon are unique in theyr own way, instead of the classic rodent we have a normal/ground type and instead of the classic bird we got a fire/flying, and adding mega evolutions is a great way to increase the number of "new" pokemon.

By the way mega Sceptile and mega Swampert are amazing, I love them, I'm seriously considering using Sceptile once the game comes out.

Sinnoh had some unique Pokemon (not counting the evolutions) like Bibarrel which was the first rodent not to be pure Normal (but Normal/Water) and a bird that knew a strong fighting move. I think they can make 100 Pokemon without being redundant. They could also simply give normal evolutions too to Pokemon that could use them like Dunsparce in addition to adding Megas.

I think Diancie might be behind the giant crystal in Kalos. Maybe Mega Diancie created it. Perhaps we'll see something similar to it in Hoenn to fit it in.

Years
  • Besides the upcoming movie, Mega Diancie has no connections to the new games, and even the movie is based on Kalos, not Hoenn, so that much is completely unknown. One has to wonder how much they changed the plot of RSE with this and the prehistoric Kyogre and Groudon. In fact, I could see it all tying back to Mega evolution research with Steven.

Years
  • Besides the upcoming movie, Mega Diancie has no connections to the new games, and even the movie is based on Kalos, not Hoenn, so that much is completely unknown. One has to wonder how much they changed the plot of RSE with this and the prehistoric Kyogre and Groudon. In fact, I could see it all tying back to Mega evolution research with Steven.

They may have crafted some like Arceus and the Creation trio's connection with Johto for those remakes. Maybe they'll add her to Granite Cave since there's nothing to do there but give Steven the letter and leave (well other than find Mawile or Sableye, and try to locate a Nosepass...)

Years
  • They may have crafted some like Arceus and the Creation trio's connection with Johto for those remakes. Maybe they'll add her to Granite Cave since there's nothing to do there but give Steven the letter and leave (well other than find Mawile or Sableye, and try to locate a Nosepass...)

That's a cool idea. At the end of the game, when you defeat him for the first time, he gets a call in the Hall of Fame room and tells the player that he must leave due to an emergency. Later, when you travel to Battle Frontier, Scott tells you that Steven went on a secret excavation in Granite Cave, but the reason why is unknown to the public. Once the player goes to the area in which they originally spoke to Steven before getting the second gym badge, there's a large hole in the side of the cave. After solving geographic puzzles in the lower floors of the cave, you find Steven with a Diancie, and must battle him to acquire her. o:

Years
  • That's a cool idea. At the end of the game, when you defeat him for the first time, he gets a call in the Hall of Fame room and tells the player that he must leave due to an emergency. Later, when you travel to Battle Frontier, Scott tells you that Steven went on a secret excavation in Granite Cave, but the reason why is unknown to the public. Once the player goes to the area in which they originally spoke to Steven before getting the second gym badge, there's a large hole in the side of the cave. After solving geographic puzzles in the lower floors of the cave, you find Steven with a Diancie, and must battle him to acquire her. o:

Yeah, and it'll be an even better reason for why he was in a cave called Granite cave (it's not even a rare stone...). Also irc Granite is found alongside diamonds.

Years
  • Do you guys think they'll announce any more Megas at E3? I feel like Sceptile and Swampert were the main ones that the fanbase wanted to be confirmed, and Diancie is a pretty relevant pokemon with its legendary status, so they all make sense as to why they were introduced early on. I could see them holding off on releasing any other Mega evolutions, if there are any more new ones, until much closer to the games' debut in stores.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back