• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • RUMOR !!!

New forme or Mega Deoxys ???

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    RUMOR !!!

New forme or Mega Deoxys ???

Spoiler:

I wish. I hope. I want. ASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKLASDFGHJKL. EVEN IF THIS ISN'T REAL, I WORSHIP THIS.

Mega Jynx could be a gorgon. That would be pretty cool.

Brings the chills, but it would be cool. It'll have Bad Rapping (Like singing) as it's Signature move, sorta like Uproar. Maybe Stoneye as it's ability? Paralyzes Pokemon when they are in battle.

Last edited:

int

Banned
    Years
  • I think OR and AS will have Mega-Evolutions. I'd love to see Lapras and Chansey, don't ask me why :o

Last edited:

White Raven

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    I think OR and AS will have Mega-Evolutions. I'd love to see Lapras and Chaneira, don't ask me why :o

Chaneira? I don't think I know what that is. Lapras's Mega, I can actually see it now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It'll have to be Mega Blissey considering Chansey isn't the final stage. If they make a Mega Blissey they could maybe add most of the 100 or so boost to it's defense...that'll make it a wall in both defensive stats.

White Raven

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    In my defence, I don't speak German XD. But Mega Blissey the way OR and AS said sounds really OP. I guess it could have an ability to steal health and give it to it's teammates? That would make the team so hard to beat. It's highly unlikely that my theories will come true tho...

Years
  • I think OR and AS will have Mega-Evolutions. I'd love to see Lapras and Chansey, don't ask me why :o

Hey int, just a heads-up, it's already been confirmed that ORAS will indeed include new Mega-evolutions! :] You can meet the ones already revealed here. Unfortunately, those are all that we know so far. In later months, we may be getting more information via CoroCoro leaks and what not, so stay tuned!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Chansey mega-evolution would be fantastic, but I'm not actually sure if they'll ever give it any. Tough, Blissey could always receive one, as it's the final evolution form. If this Pokémon does wind up getting some mega, I'd really like it if they would decrease its defenses and raise its offensive stats. To be honest, it'd be very interesting; Blissey line had never played on offensive side before, and this would finally give it the chance.

Years
  • In my defence, I don't speak German XD. But Mega Blissey the way OR and AS said sounds really OP. I guess it could have an ability to steal health and give it to it's teammates? That would make the team so hard to beat. It's highly unlikely that my theories will come true tho...

I was thinking of an ability that works like Leftovers...maybe instead of adding all 100 into defense they could add only 85 and give the other 15 over to it's strongest offensive stat (or the one that fit's it's moveset best).

Years
  • How about Mega Machamp and Mega Golem :3

Yes, I've been wanting these two to get Megas too. I hope Mega Machamp get's six hands and get's the ability Iron Punch, while Mega Golem becomes pure Rock and keeps (or gets for those with the other abilities) sturdy.
    Considering both are native to Hoenn (even though they're Gen I Pokemon they live in Hoenn too) they can get Megas like the Gen III Hoenn Pokemon are having :). Also I'll like to see some 3 stage Pokemon get Megas. I'm worried about all the pokemon that don't evolve getting Megas...as that'll be it for those lines.

Years
  • As great as Mega evolutions are, I hope it doesn't mean they'll stop creating evolutions for existing basic-stage Pokemon. It was always awesome to find out that a Pokemon you used to love could now evolve into a more powerful, detailed version of itself, like Tangrowth, Magnezone, Honchkrow - the list goes on. If not, I'm going to miss those! :[

Years
  • Me too...sadly Banette will probably never get a counterpart to Dusknoir now...
    So I'm hoping they're give Megas to the third stages, a few second stages like Chimecho, and Pokémon who will likely never get an evolution like Minun and Plusle. Other than that I hope they restrict one stage Pokémon getting Megas.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I've been thinking, what if they give Sableye a boost larger than the typical 100, like 110. After all Mega Alakazam was only 90 points higher than normal Alakazam (sure it's normal self got a 10 point boost this gen but so did Ampharos yet it'sMega still got all 100 points typical of a Mega). It will give Mega Sableye the chance to be a real wall.
    I hadn't noticed that about Ampharos. I do think it's kind of unfair that Mega Alakazam really only got +90, but then again, it's already a very, very good Pokémon competitively and otherwise. Mega Sableye won't technically be getting more than 100 to its stats, but because its Speed will be decreasing they'll have more points to work with. Sableye is already fairly good with Prankster so it might not need more than +100.

As great as Mega evolutions are, I hope it doesn't mean they'll stop creating evolutions for existing basic-stage Pokemon. It was always awesome to find out that a Pokemon you used to love could now evolve into a more powerful, detailed version of itself, like Tangrowth, Magnezone, Honchkrow - the list goes on. If not, I'm going to miss those! :[

I don't think this means evolutions for older Pokémon will stop, but we'll likely see less of them from now on. The number of Pokémon is already quite high, so it's likely Game Freak doesn't want to keep increasing it drastically. Also, they plan out their designs many, many years in advance, so the basic/stage 1 Pokémon who already got Megas probably weren't on their "Next to Receive an Evolution" list for a while, so it really is the next best thing (or in the cases for Pokémon that really don't seem like they could evolve, the best thing).

Years
  • I hadn't noticed that about Ampharos. I do think it's kind of unfair that Mega Alakazam really only got +90, but then again, it's already a very, very good Pokémon competitively and otherwise. Mega Sableye won't technically be getting more than 100 to its stats, but because its Speed will be decreasing they'll have more points to work with. Sableye is already fairly good with Prankster so it might not need more than +100.

I don't think this means evolutions for older Pokémon will stop, but we'll likely see less of them from now on. The number of Pokémon is already quite high, so it's likely Game Freak doesn't want to keep increasing it drastically. Also, they plan out their designs many, many years in advance, so the basic/stage 1 Pokémon who already got Megas probably weren't on their "Next to Receive an Evolution" list for a while, so it really is the next best thing (or in the cases for Pokémon that really don't seem like they could evolve, the best thing).

I'm hoping they spread out the 100 and whatever they took out from speed nicely between Defense, and Special attack. Hopefully whatever isn't used will got to special defense, maybe some to attack.

I definitely want to see a speedy Mega Machamp.

Years
  • A speedy Mega Machamp would be pretty cool, especially if it kept No Guard. Just imagine it zipping around a lot of Pokemon and hitting them with 100% accuracy Dynamic Punches.

re: never making new evos., I sort of have a feeling that the only evos. Pokemon will receive now are Mega Evos. and that Eevee will be the only Pokemon to receive actual normal ones. That being said, it's only been two generations since a Pokemon received a new, normal evo. (Eevee aside, of course), so I do hope they will give other Pokemon new evos. rather than go straight to Megas. I agree that there probably won't be as many new evos. if they did continue giving Pokemon ones, but it'd still be nice to see nevertheless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back