• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I made a thread about this earlier, but was told I should post here instead. In this video, when showing off Mega Metagross's speed, it outsped Sceptile. As of XY, turn order is determined before mega evolution activates. They were both lv 100 in this clip, meaning that unless if both their natures and EVs were rigged (Metagross Jolly 252 Speed EVs, Sceptile Hindered Speed 0 EVs), the Sceptile should have still outsped.

Could the rules governing mega evolution have changed? Or is it more likely that Pokemon Get☆ TV had just tinkered with the stats (or Trick Room/Sticky Web), such that they could skip straight-away to showing off Mega Metagross?
    Perhaps it Mega evolved and they had turns without attacking (raising stats), so they attacked one another the next turn, showing off Mega Metagross' speed.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Perhaps it Mega evolved and they had turns without attacking (raising stats), so they attacked one another the next turn, showing off Mega Metagross' speed.
    At 1:39, the two message boxes are shown back-to-back. I don't understand a word of Japanese, but I suspect the first says "Metagross mega evolved into Mega Metagross!" and "Metagross used Meteor Mash!" Everything in the background flows so smoothly and seamlessly together that I don't think they could have skipped turns without some serious editing skills down to the frame.

Years
  • At 1:39, the two message boxes are shown back-to-back. I don't understand a word of Japanese, but I suspect the first says "Metagross mega evolved into Mega Metagross!" and "Metagross used Meteor Mash!" Everything in the background flows so smoothly and seamlessly together that I don't think they could have skipped turns without some serious editing skills down to the frame.

Hmm...perhaps they did change it then, but that'll mean XY will need to be updated so that Megas there can get all their speed on the first turn.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I made a thread about this earlier, but was told I should post here instead. In this video, when showing off Mega Metagross's speed, it outsped Sceptile. As of XY, turn order is determined before mega evolution activates. They were both lv 100 in this clip, meaning that unless if both their natures and EVs were rigged (Metagross Jolly 252 Speed EVs, Sceptile Hindered Speed 0 EVs), the Sceptile should have still outsped.

Could the rules governing mega evolution have changed? Or is it more likely that Pokemon Get☆ TV had just tinkered with the stats (or Trick Room/Sticky Web), such that they could skip straight-away to showing off Mega Metagross?

Lv 100 Jolly Metagross 31 IV/252 EV = 262 Speed

Lv 100 Sceptile Neutral Nature 0 IV/0 EV = 245 Speed

There has been nothing changed in terms of turn order (with given evidence), it is a trailer video that that they just want to show off Mega-Metagross

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    DJLew said:
    I'd absolutely love to see a Hariyama and 'Mence mega, considering I would be all over that competitively. They also seem like the logical choices, very exciting to see someone agree!

Salamence mega would be pretty great. Its offensive stats are already high, though, so if they give it even a slight boost in terms of them, the Pokémon might wind up to be overpowered, sadly. Though, if it's Speed and defenses, then it probably won't be much of a huge deal.

Years
  • Salamence mega would be pretty great. Its offensive stats are already high, though, so if they give it even a slight boost in terms of them, the Pokémon might wind up to be overpowered, sadly. Though, if it's Speed and defenses, then it probably won't be much of a huge deal.

Maybe they'll take the same path as they did with it's fellow Hoenn Psuedo Legendary. A balanced Salamance will be great imo.

Years
  • Mega Garchomp, and Mega Scizor for that matter, were really unecessary, in my opinion. I feel like the only positive that came out of giving such powerful Pokemon a Mega is it encouraged battlers to try a different strategy when using the Pokemon. Salamence isn't as powerful, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if it didn't get a Mega.

Years
  • Very true about stats, but aesthetically it would be too good to pass up on a mega Salamence in my opinion. :P Just to have one in game would be nice.

I hope that it ends up looking something like this:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I just think it would look amazing in comparison to a lot of others, but of course opinions differ. :P

That sketch is really cool, a little mix of 'Mence and 'Zard which is okay with me! I went back to check out some other fan art and some megas would look incredible that I didn't even think of.

Years
  • I'm hoping that Dragonite may get a Mega too. Perhaps something like this:

Spoiler:

Sure chances are it won't get one for ORAS but still...hopefully in Z if not in ORAS (along with Hydreigon, and maybe even Goodra.)

Years
  • Then it end up being Mega Hariyama and Snorlax with both having a Normal/Fighting typing.

You want a Mega Hariyama with the Normal typing?
    If they make Mega Hariyama I'll like to see it get stats like these
    Atk: 175
    Defense: 110
    Special Attack: 5
    Special Defense: 110
    Speed: 30

Along with being twice as heavy, and getting Intimidate as it's ability.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well normal will add one immunity and 1 weakness to fighting, I mostly added normal because I saw Snorlax going Normal/Fighting and going into some kind of Sumo Wrestler.

Years
  • I've always had a hard time understanding the pros to getting a normal dual typing. Ghost immunity is the only notable plus - sure, it's an extra STAB that makes moves like Return more powerful, but I'm not sure if the extra weakness is worth it. Pyroar and Heliolisk didn't really gain from it much. Hariyama I guess would be a different story, because fighting type attacks would be neutral.

Years
  • I've always had a hard time understanding the pros to getting a normal dual typing. Ghost immunity is the only notable plus - sure, it's an extra STAB that makes moves like Return more powerful, but I'm not sure if the extra weakness is worth it. Pyroar and Heliolisk didn't really gain from it much. Hariyama I guess would be a different story, because fighting type attacks would be neutral.

Uh Fighting does 1x damage to fighting types so it'll still gain a weakness :P

I think one of the best combos with Normal is Fairy/Normal as they Fairy/Normal isn't weak against fighting, being only weak to the types Fairy is weak to, with the pluses of the Normal type (immunity to Ghost (which with Fairy give an immunity to two types) and stab Normal attack). Now I really want a Mega Wigglytuff.

Raging Umbreon

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
  • I'm realy hoping to see Mega Salamence, Mega Milotic, Mega Serviper and Mega Zangoose.

I'm guessing since Serviper could only be caught in Sapphire and Zangoose in Ruby the Zangoose megastone will be in Omega Ruby and the Serviper megastone in Alpha Sapphire.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back