• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'm actually VERY tempted to train a swablu in ORAS now instead of trapinch.
    I already have a Lv100 flygon in X so...

Man, that dragon/fairy typing is so unique and so cool.

But here's my 2 cents, I'll be very upset if flygon doesn't end up with a mega. Well, it's not because I like it a lot (it is my favorite pokemon but I'm trying hard not to be bias), but rather it's getting overshadowed by many other dragons. Garchomp at first, and now Salamence and Altaria are also getting megas. It seems very left out for this potentially amazing dragon. It has pretty good all rounded specs.

Well Altaria is one of my favourites of all, but since using one in Black 2 I was kinda hesitant about using one in ORAS. However since the announcement of Mega Altaria today especially coupled with Dragon/Fairy this pretty much confirms that I will be using Altaria in Either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

I'd be pretty surprise if Flygon didn't get a Mega, with that Secret Base guy having one as his ace Pokemon and the heavy following of Flygon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hmm, no Mega Ludicolo or Flygon. =( Here's hoping there's more later on.

I'm not quite a fan of Salamence's mega design. Seems somewhat similar to the Lati@s twins designs, and it sure looks hella uncomfortable for it too. Has potential to be overkill though...

Altaria - I'm okay with it. Maybe its design could have been a bit beyond more fluff, but I suppose it suits it!

Lopunny - I never cared for this line tbh. I think it has potential in being able to hit ghost types with stab fighting-type moves now. Go figure, Lopunny being a cheerleader --> fighting ninja thing.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Well Altaria is one of my favourites of all, but since using one in Black 2 I was kinda hesitant about using one in ORAS. However since the announcement of Mega Altaria today especially coupled with Dragon/Fairy this pretty much confirms that I will be using Altaria in Either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

I'd be pretty surprise if Flygon didn't get a Mega, with that Secret Base guy having one as his ace Pokemon and the heavy following of Flygon.

Doesn't Aarune have flygon as his sole pokemon? Yeah, not even ace.

Speaking of mega altaria, if there's a plush toy I'll freaking buy it and hug it all day... Because

Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm too hyped for Mega Altaria. That thing is so awesome and fluffy! They did the best thing they could possibly do to it. Well done Gamefreak. Now all we need is a Mega Flygon and my life will be complete.

Not really digging the design on Mega Salamence. It has no arms!! I hope it grows on me or looks better ig.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • The fluff directly on Mega Altaria's head makes it look like it's wearing a 1700s-era hat. Also I am disappointed that they gave a Mega to Lopunny. It's Lopunny. Something like Breloom or Milotic would have been better.

Mega Wailord would also be hilarious. Lol.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The fluff directly on Mega Altaria's head makes it look like it's wearing a 1700s-era hat. Also I am disappointed that they gave a Mega to Lopunny. It's Lopunny. Something like Breloom or Milotic would have been better.

Mega Wailord would also be hilarious. Lol.

Maybe that kind of attitude is exactly why they gave Lopunny a mega.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I really don't believe they would spite the majority of the fanbase like that. Lopunny's not even from Gen 3.

You misunderstood what I said.

I didn't mean Nintendo did it to spite anyone. I meant they might have given it a mega because people didn't think much of it. (as you said it's "just Lopunny")

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • It was kinda obvious we weren't just gonna be getting gen 3 megas when they revealed Mega Diancie
    Diancie's kind of an exception imo, because it's a legendary from a recently released generation. Same with Volcanion or Hoopa if they get one soon.

You misunderstood what I said.

I didn't mean Nintendo did it to spite anyone. I meant they might have given it a mega because people didn't think much of it. (as you said it's "just Lopunny")
    That makes more sense. I hope that they give some of the fan-popular ones Megas eventually though.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • As a heads up, there is a claim of a mega Drapion, but there's some uncertainly on how legit it is. So assume it is fake for now. Link until it dies.

That actually looks quite legit... and the pages tally. Lopunny's is Page 82.

Oh wait, I get it. The typing shows Poison/Fairy.
    Seems impossible. It looks nearly identical to its 'previous forme' and a change from dark to fairy? Darn drastic.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I'm kinda happy about Lopunny :) I just bred a flawless 5IV4EM shiny Buneary, so it kinda makes me think I did well to aim for that MM shiny first lol!

Salamence looks kinda strange, though. Altaria is bloody adorable <3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That actually looks quite legit... and the pages tally. Lopunny's is Page 82.

Oh wait, I get it. The typing shows Poison/Fairy.
    Seems impossible. It looks nearly identical to its 'previous forme' and a change from dark to fairy? Darn drastic.
    Yeah, and as I edited my post, it's now confirmed to be fake too (stolen from dA).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love Mega Altaria, but Mega Lopunny took me by surprise, almost look the same. I really like Salamence though.

And we get an even with a shiny Beldum and a Mega Stone.

I was expecting more to be released. Not just three. I was expecting at least 5.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • I'm actually not surprised that altaria got a mega. it's cool and fluffy and i like it but i'm not surprised because of the XY elite-four. Two of the elites had known megas (Water guy has gyrados and steel guy has sizor) and the champion had mega guadevour(how you spell it?)
    to me the basically confirmed megas for either altaria of Drudigon.
    only a matter of time now before we get mega torcoal of mega chandelor

I honestly really like mega Salamence. it looks awesome. it reminds me of frizbees. I love frizbees so that's cool.

Mega lopbunny. all i think is meh when i think of it. i don't hate it, i just think it's going to be the least used mega.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back