• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Why? Glalie is essentially a giant floating rock covered in ice.

Yeah, but Water/Dark has already been used on Mega Gyarados. I think its better to shy away from repeating type combinations.
    Does it even learn any rock moves as of XY? Also if I'm not mistaken Ice/Rock is a unique typing (which you said you wouldn't want) as there is no Ice/Rock Pokémon.
    As for it being a huge rock covered in ice...I think it's actually a huge chuck of ice (hail. Even it's name sounds similar to hail. Speaking of which the Dark type will fit it well (at least in english) as it has the word lie in it) Hence why Ice Body fits the Pokémon quite well. Maybe it'll be Ice/Fairy. That'll be a shocker. Though it'll still have a pesky 4x weakness (to Steel) that it'll have if it were Ice/Dark, Ice/Steel, or even Ice/Rock ( to Fighting for all three).

GF repeated abilities with Megas..cough Magic Bounce cough Tough Claws cough Aerilate cough. So repeating a typing for the second time for a Mega will be nothing. Also in general the typing is isn't common but not super rare (Carvanha and evo, Crawdaunt, Greninja, and Mega Gyarados) either.

Speaking of Gen I Dark types (btw did you guys know Mega Gyarados being Water/Dark makes the only Gen I Dark Pokémon?) I'll like it if Arbok and Weezing got Megas. With Arbok being Poison/Dark with Intimidate (meaning 2x reducting if it's normal form has the ability), and Weezing being Poison/Steel with Levitate.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Does it even learn any rock moves as of XY? Also if I'm not mistaken Ice/Rock is a unique typing (which you said you wouldn't want) as there is no Ice/Rock Pokémon.

That can easily be fixed by introducing some Rock type moves into its move pool and it can actually learn Rollout through breeding.

Plus, there are already some Rock/Ice Pokémon: Amaura and Aurorus. So its not a unique typing anymore.

As for it being a huge rock covered in ice...I think it's actually a huge chuck of ice (hail. Even it's name sounds similar to hail. Speaking of which the Dark type will fit it well (at least in english) as it has the word lie in it) Hence why Ice Body fits the Pokémon quite well. Maybe it'll be Ice/Fairy. That'll be a shocker. Though it'll still have a pesky 4x weakness (to Steel) that it'll have if it were Ice/Dark, Ice/Steel, or even Ice/Rock ( to Fighting for all three).

Then why does its core look black? Plus, Bulbapedia describes Glalie as "a spherical Pokémon that consists of a black rock core covered by ice."

I seriously don't see it becoming Ice/Fairy, though. I think either Ice/Dark or Ice/Rock are the best choices. Regardless of whether its Ice/Dark or Ice/Rock, it should look like a giant Oni mask. If memory serves, Oni tend to live in mountainous areas, so there's the justification for Rock type. Also, being demons, it wouldn't be a leap to make it a Dark type either.

Years
  • That can easily be fixed by introducing some Rock type moves into its move pool and it can actually learn Rollout through breeding.

Plus, there are already some Rock/Ice Pokémon: Amaura and Aurorus. So its not a unique typing anymore.

Then why does its core look black? Plus, Bulbapedia describes Glalie as "a spherical Pokémon that consists of a black rock core covered by ice."

I seriously don't see it becoming Ice/Fairy, though. I think either Ice/Dark or Ice/Rock are the best choices. Regardless of whether its Ice/Dark or Ice/Rock, it should look like a giant Oni mask. If memory serves, Oni tend to live in mountainous areas, so there's the justification for Rock type. Also, being demons, it wouldn't be a leap to make it a Dark type either.

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about the Amaura line...

That's just Bulbapedia's describing it, that description is not official by any means. Remember it's a fan site. Now if it were a Pokedex entry...

Also about it looking like an Oni. GF were going to make Sawk and Throh Oni's but they already did that for the Kami trio, so they didn't. So maybe they won't be doing anymore for awhile as they probably think they have enough (could be because those were for the same gen though).

If they do make it an Oni it can be Ice/Ghost as Oni's were originally considered to be ghosts. Then it'll be just like Froslass.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Ruby's PokeDex entry:
    Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice. This Pokémon has the ability to freeze moisture in the atmosphere into any shape it desires.

Considering the fact that this entry is not only official but comes from the generation where Glalie was introduced, I think it's safe to say Glalie is a piece of floating rock covered in ice.

Years
  • Ruby's PokeDex entry:

Considering the fact that this entry is not only official but comes from the generation where Glalie was introduced, I think it's safe to say Glalie is a piece of floating rock covered in ice.

I guess that proves it then. I wonder if Snorunt is also a small rock covered in Ice... Froslass has a purple rock like sphere behind her icy skin.

Now would Ice/Rock benefit Glalie much? I guess it'll be able to hit Fire types with super effective damage, and be able to do 4x damage to Ice/Flying types (and Fire/Flying types) which get neutral damage from it's ice attacks. As well as gain stab. But it'll also get a 4x weakness to a type that is quite common (but as I said it'll be the same thing if it were Ice/Steel or Ice/Rock too so it may not matter much). Oh and another to Steel too. If it were to be Ice/Dark it'll have only one 4x weakness and the number of weaknesses as a Ice/Rock type, but also have one less resistance.

Now if it is Ice/Steel it'll have 2 4x weaknesses too, and it'll be weak to Ground too (I think that'll be it). It'll get neutral damage from Rock, and Steel though. Also it'll resist the mythological types (Fairy and Dragon...and do super effective damage too). Now if they give it Levitate and make it Ice/Steel it wouldn't be so bad. Or maybe give it Heat Proof.

Last edited:

Years
  • I'd rather mega frosass than glalie, but glalie needs it more. I'd prefer mega glalie to be ice/dark.

I think Ice/Dark is more likely. And Yeah, Glalie needs it more (I became even more convinced of this after looking at their stat distribution).
    I'll like it to get these stats:

HP: 80
    Attack: 80 -> (+ 40) 120
    Defense: 80 -> (+20) 100
    Sp.Atk: 80 -> (-20) 60
    Sp.Def: 80 -> (+20) 100
    Speed: 80 -> (+ 40) 120
    Total: 480 -> 580
    I'll like for it to get access to Icicle Crash to take advantage of that kind of attack.

As for Froslass I'll like for her to keep her Ice/Ghost typing and get these stats:

HP: 70
    Attack: 80 -> (- 20) 60
    Defense: 70 -> (+ 30) 100
    Sp.Atk: 80 -> (+ 40) 120
    Sp.Def: 70 -> (+ 30) 100
    Speed: 110 -> (+ 20) 130
    Total: 480 -> 580

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I wonder how different Glalie would be in terms of design? I suppose it could grow a scarier-looking face, but what would also be cool is it had grown an actual tail. This way, it would look... disturbing, to some people, which, I believe, they were aiming for when creating this Pokémon. Though, I could be wrong.

Years
  • I wonder how different Glalie would be in terms of design? I suppose it could grow a scarier-looking face, but what would also be cool is it had grown an actual tail. This way, it would look... disturbing, to some people, which, I believe, they were aiming for when creating this Pokémon. Though, I could be wrong.

I think it should gain some hands which float around and are connected to the main body by some purple shadow like arms.

Years
  • I wonder how different Glalie would be in terms of design? I suppose it could grow a scarier-looking face, but what would also be cool is it had grown an actual tail. This way, it would look... disturbing, to some people, which, I believe, they were aiming for when creating this Pokémon. Though, I could be wrong.

I like the tail idea, especially if it ends up being Ice/Rock. Then it could be a comet. It could even get two tails that way.

Years
  • I like the tail idea, especially if it ends up being Ice/Rock. Then it could be a comet. It could even get two tails that way.

A comet would be a great idea, especially with that typing. If it get's two tails it should get Double Hit. Maybe it'll get Levitate to get rid of at least one of it's weaknesses (Ground if it were to get that typing). Or maybe even Speed Boost.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Motor Drive Mega Skarmory seems like it'll be deadly... I don't think it'll be weak to anything if that happens.

Fire.

I'll prefer Fire/Ground for Typholosion.

Idk, but for some reason, I really think Fire/Electric would be a good typing for it. Plus, Electric hasn't been used as a secondary typing for any starter to date, so it would add a unique element to Typhlosion.

Years
  • Fire.

Idk, but for some reason, I really think Fire/Electric would be a good typing for it. Plus, Electric hasn't been used as a secondary typing for any starter to date, so it would add a unique element to Typhlosion.
    Well that'll make Fire even more important then :3

Typholosion does have fur that seems like it'll be great for storing electricity. Also the smoke from volcano's can cause thunderclouds to form overhead, and it just so happens to be called the 'Volcano Pokemon'. Plus it has Wild Charge as it's stab attack (though it is it's only move).

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
  • There are alot of Pokemon I would love to see get Mega Evolutions, so... here is my list! There won't be many Johto Pokemon though...

Mega Glalie Ice/Dark
    Mega Froslass Ice/Ghost
    Mega Donphan Rock/Steel
    Mega Meganium Grass/Fairy
    Mega Typhlosion Fire/Dark
    Mega Feraligatr Water/Steel
    Mega Gallade Psychic/Fighting
    Mega Shiftry Grass/Dark
    Mega Ludicolo Grass/Water
    Mega Stantler Normal/Fighting
    Mega Plusle & Minun Electric/Fairy
    Mega Flygon Dragon/Flying
    Mega Milotic Water/Fairy
    And... my last Mega Evolution is... Mega Walrein! It is still Water/Ice!

Thats all the Mega Evolutions I want, I'm seeing them in my mind as I type!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    I can't believe people weren't convinced that Hoenn would get a remake once it was obvious that Hoenn was getting a lot of megas in X and Y

Years
  • There are alot of Pokemon I would love to see get Mega Evolutions, so... here is my list! There won't be many Johto Pokemon though...

Mega Glalie Ice/Dark
    Mega Froslass Ice/Ghost
    Mega Donphan Rock/Steel
    Mega Meganium Grass/Fairy
    Mega Typhlosion Fire/Dark
    Mega Feraligatr Water/Steel
    Mega Gallade Psychic/Fighting
    Mega Shiftry Grass/Dark
    Mega Ludicolo Grass/Water
    Mega Stantler Normal/Fighting
    Mega Plusle & Minun Electric/Fairy
    Mega Flygon Dragon/Flying
    Mega Milotic Water/Fairy
    And... my last Mega Evolution is... Mega Walrein! It is still Water/Ice!

Thats all the Mega Evolutions I want, I'm seeing them in my mind as I type!

Rock/Steel Mega Donphan? Donphan is a Ground type, and I doubt it'll get it'll get that kind of change. Besides Ground/Steel is a better combination ;).

I hope Mega Flygon stays Ground/Dragon. Dragon/Flying just doesn't seem to suit it as well.

Years
  • Donphan is a ground type.

I could see this.

Eh...I'd prefer if they kept Empoleon as the only Water/Steel type. I'd rather either Water/Dragon or Water/Fighting for Mega Feraligatr.

Fighting seems off though. I think Samurrott should be our Water/Fighting Mega starter and Feraligtr be our Water/Dragon starter.

I can actually see a Mega Kingler being Water/Steel.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My wish list is this:

Spoiler:

This are just some I want. I doubt half of them will even be out for a while, but these are my hopes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Personally, I'm hoping for those:
    1. Mega-Mightyena Dark / Fairy ( I mean, if Granbull is a fairy so can Mightyena! Its one of the cuter dark type as well. And in addition to a speed and attack boost, it would need a good defensive buff to be relevant, which the fairy type would add by shifting nearly all of its weaknesses around! Except the fairy weakness. )
    2. Mega-Tropius
    3. Mega-Walrein
    4. Mega-Wailord
    5. Mega-Lanturn
    6. Mega-Arcanine
    7. Mega-Flygon (I put it lower, because I'm sure its coming..)
    8. Mega-Camerupt(same as above)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back