• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I have a feeling that there will be a third Mega tied to the Demos, perhaps the mentioned 'special thing' that we'll get if we play everyday up to a certain point. Perhaps it'll be a Rock type, as coincidentally Glalie shares it's typing with Regice, and Steelix's first type is shared with Registeel. Maybe Mega Golem? (Gen 1,2 and 3 mons?)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Mega Glalie looks Ghost type-ish, yet it still keeps its mono Ice type. Does anyone know what stat boosts it gets upon Mega Evolution? Mega Steelix looks more majestic, but with Sand Force, wouldn't this mean we must sacrifice Mega Tyranitar, even though normal Tyranitar can still use Sand Stream but is overall weaker, for Mega Steelix since we're limited to one Mega Evolution per team?

Years
  • If they don't introduce them, I don't feel that it'd be much of a major deal; it may seem unbalanced for a while, but they're always able to fix that in their next game release.

She's right.

Just look at Gardevoir and Gallade. Gardy got her Mega in X/Y while Gallade was left without one but recently that was fixed up. I'm sure that in events like these there will always be a chance the other one will get equal treatment afterwards.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega Glalie looks Ghost type-ish, yet it still keeps its mono Ice type. Does anyone know what stat boosts it gets upon Mega Evolution? Mega Steelix looks more majestic, but with Sand Force, wouldn't this mean we must sacrifice Mega Tyranitar, even though normal Tyranitar can still use Sand Stream but is overall weaker, for Mega Steelix since we're limited to one Mega Evolution per team?
    Well some considerer Assault Vest Tyranitar superior to Mega Tyranitar. So one can give it that item, and save their Mega spot for Mega Steelix.

I'm not sure about Mega Glalie, but I heard somewhere that Mega Steelix will have higher defenses and attack compared to normal Steelix.

Years
  • I'm not sure about Mega Glalie, but I heard somewhere that Mega Steelix will have higher defenses and attack compared to normal Steelix.

I think Glalie's major boosts will be in Attack and Special Attack. Its offenses are fairly balanced as far as I'm aware of looking at the regular Glalie. I recall regular Glalie has base 80 in every stat so I wonder how they'll alter its stats with the Mega.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I love that the stuff rotates around Mega Steelix. It gives the guy more gravitas, make it feel like more than an evolution - a MEGA Evolution.

Watching Australia/Europe Demo streams. Good Stuff. Doesn't look like Skates are comming back, but we have two bikes, so whatever.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I love that the stuff rotates around Mega Steelix. It gives the guy more gravitas, make it feel like more than an evolution - a MEGA Evolution.

Watching Australia/Europe Demo streams. Good Stuff. Doesn't look like Skates are comming back, but we have two bikes, so whatever.

Do you happen to have a website for the streams? I've been trying to find one.

Anyway, I'm very curious to find out what America will get for their mega evolution. It could be Steelix or Glalie but I hope for something different.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Do you happen to have a website for the streams? I've been trying to find one.

Anyway, I'm very curious to find out what America will get for their mega evolution. It could be Steelix or Glalie but I hope for something different.

Just Browse Games on Twitch.tv and look under the XY section. (or just search for XY). They might not be streaming right now, but there are bound to be others.

Years
  • There are definitely a lot of good megas revealed so far but my favorite is Mega Altaria :3

Hoping to see some more megas revealed before the games release! Enough is never enough for me lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Do you happen to have a website for the streams? I've been trying to find one.

If that many Megevolution revealed before the game release then what will happen after the game release.
    Shouldn't there be a lot megevolution that can't be reveal without playing the game ???

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    If that many Megevolution revealed before the game release then what will happen after the game release.
    Shouldn't there be a lot megevolution that can't be reveal without playing the game ???

There was more than half of the Kalos Pokémon officially revealed before the games release, so I'm inclined to believe there could be more or less new Mega's come to the release.

Hopefully they do something similar to Pyroar, Aurorus and Tyrantrum's reveal last year where different sites reveal a new Pokémon (of course being a new Mega this time) when November hits.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Steelix is one of my favorite pokemon! And I am not sure about his mega evolution.. And I love glalie too, and I don't like his mega evolution too...

Well, it might change when I play with them!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Steelix is one of my favorite pokemon! And I am not sure about his mega evolution.. And I love glalie too, and I don't like his mega evolution too...

Well, it might change when I play with them!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I think both Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie look boss. I love Steelix, but he was quite neglected lately. He doesn't really need a Defense boost since his Defense is enormous already, but more Sp.Def. is always nice. Mega Glalie could have better stat distribution than Glalie, but I suspect they'll troll us and make it have 100 in every stat. Which is already good, but for something like Glalie, which has a barren movepool and not so good STAB, it isn't that good...

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    Mega Swampert's base stats

100 HP
    150 Atk (+40)
    110 Def (+20)
    95 SAtk (+10)
    110 SDef (+20)
    70 Speed (+10)

Anybody worked out the other Mega's stat boosts yet?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    A bit random, but I was thinking about how much I'd love a variable battle mode (perhaps a WiFi battle mode) that limits you to only using Pokemon that are able to Mega-evolve in your party and doesn't restrict you to only one mega-evolution per battle. A Mega-battle mode lol. Perhaps it's just me, but I'd find that rather fun.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • A bit random, but I was thinking about how much I'd love a variable battle mode (perhaps a WiFi battle mode) that limits you to only using Pokemon that are able to Mega-evolve in your party and doesn't restrict you to only one mega-evolution per battle. A Mega-battle mode lol. Perhaps it's just me, but I'd find that rather fun.

Nah, I would imagine it as some kind of plot-exclusive mechanic for a CPU trainer in future Pokemon games.

Well some considerer Assault Vest Tyranitar superior to Mega Tyranitar. So one can give it that item, and save their Mega spot for Mega Steelix.
    Ah, well that solves the problem then. I can easily imagine a sandstorm team of Assault Vest Tyranitar with Mega Steelix and Sand Rush Excadrill and how much of a pain it'll be to defeat it unless you have a weather summoner yourself (or Mega Rayquaza).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back