• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Memories thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
Years
  • I remember my fondest memory from The Metal generation being my first battle against Red.

My Team was...

Shellshock (My Blastoise) at Level 100, Aero (Pidgeot) Level 55, Bruce (Hitmonlee) at Level 49, Silver (Chikorita... I never evolved him) at Level 71, Aerosmith (Lugia) at Level 65, and AC/DC (Raichu) at Level 68.

Once Shellshock got downed by Red's Pikachu using Thunder, I had some trouble beating him, but Silver and Aerosmith survived and I ended up winning. Good times.

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
  • -Losing my Yellow version in Connecticut, and not realizing it until we crossed state lines back to NY.
    -Dying a million times against Brock, only to have my Metapod evolve, and rape his team with Psychic.
    -Thinking that healing my Pokemon a million times made them more powerful, only to lose to Brock
    -Going through Gen II until Crystal thinking that Rock was impervious to Electric (stupid anime).
    -Getting pissed that I couldn't kill Brock with Pikachu like Ash, and roaming Pewter looking for Flint to help me.
    -Having nightmares if I was in Lavender Town, and it was night, because of the music.
    -Getting scared by the little girl who asks if there are ghosts, and saying no, and hearing about a white hand on my shoulder.
    -Getting scared at thee Channelers who ask for your soul and blood, and then freaking out more because of the sprites' eyes.
    -Feeling cool for catching two Snorlax.
    -Dropping my Yellow version on the floor while Ivysaur evolved and thinking "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
    -Picking my Game Boy up and realizing my game hadn't frozen.
    -Not being smart enough to lead off with my level 98 Pikachu against Loreli and then trying that against Bruno, who led with Onix.
    -Wondering how you got to the Orange Islands.
    -Getting the badges out of order; Brock, Misty, Surge, Erika, Koga, Blaine, Sabrina, Giovanni.
    -Buying a Pokemon League Expo hat at the Warner Bros. store in the mall, and wearing it nonstop.
    -Turning the hat backwards while in battle or catching a Pokemon in the game.
    -Being the first kid in my neighborhood with a Gen II game, and then Gen III.
    -Being a godly figure on my bus, because I had all the legends, Missingno., and a 142 caught rating on my Pokedex, more than the fifth graders.
    -Fifth graders showing me Missingno., and the Mew Glitch.
    -Being the first kid in line to see the first movie.
    -Having my limited edition G/S/C GBC, and being awesome.
    -Getting to Glitch City, and watching Pikachu's AI freak out when I moved.
    -Naming Silver '???' because he said "My name's ???. I'm gonna be the world's greatest Pokemon Trainer!"
    -Using my Master Ball on a Staryu in the Seafoam Islands, because I didn't see the 'Master' part.
    -Finding the Potion in your PC as soon as the game started.
    -Thinking Chuck would let me in, beacause my Dad's name is Chuck.
    -Not knowing how to say Ecruteak.
    -The EXP. All.
    -Thinking my Hasbro Electronic Pokedex would scan the monsters in the game.
    Good times, the late '90's and early '00's.

Last edited:

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • I remember how excited i was when i beat the elite 4 in Pokemon Blue. I think i was 9 years old and i was going crazy. I did the same when i finished Pokemon Crystal too xD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • My dad giving me Pokemon Red while out in the car one day. It must have been pre-owned because I started in Cinnabar :P I finally found out how to restart the game and then couldn't get out my house until my Mum told me to. Yes my Mum actually helped me in a Pokemon game :D

Oh yeah, and in Silver when I was under my Covers playing it late one night ( I was only about 6 so when I say late I mean about 10pm, but you get the Idea.) I went to the Pokemon centre and the Nurse said "Good Evening, your out late" and me basically thinking yeah I am :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    "Wait, mom, I'm saving/batling!"

Buying Magikarp whitout knowing.
    Don't knowing how to swap pokemons.
    Beating the whole game only with a Charizard.

AND, when I first played Stadium 2 with my Pokemon Crystal and I appeared as a girl I went really sad...

rafaeldias

NostalgicGamer =)
    Years
  • I remeber me and my friend playing Crystal for hours Hahaha
    I remember that one time, he found Entei, the only one that was missing from the trio, and whithout it he couldnt catch Ho-ho. Then that Entei ran away. He got pissed xD

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • R/B/Y:

- Showing up to Brock's Gym with my Charmander, Pidgey, Ratatta, Caterpie, and Nidoran Male and wanting to shoot myself

- Not having much better luck when facing Misty.

- Wanting to join the Rockets on Nugget Bridge

- Getting the bike theme stuck in my head from how much I rode that thing...then again I can hum every song from every location in that game now...

- Pretending my character wasn't really a little kid as I grew up

- "It hurt itself in confusion" became the most hated phrase in all my life

- Never wanting to trade my Haunter because he looked cooler than Gengar

- The "Rare Candies Trick"

- Wearing headphones one day and having the crap scared outta me by Onix's screech

- I still remember exactly where I was in my house as a kid the first time Charmander evolved into Charmeleon aka the first evolution ever for me.

Sooo many more memories... Man I loved that game.

♥Sweetheart™

爱是永远
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I got my gameboy second hand off one of my cousins and i worshiped it. it was in terrible condition and every day before playing in i would use my dad's glasses cloth to wipe the screen lovingly. i still do that with my dsi now, but not with my dad's glasses cloth. :3

i rememberr my pikachu never liking me, i would buy it lots of rare candies and such and it would only make a grumpy face at me when I turned around. eventually i just chucked it in a box and left it there.

AHHH i remember when i went into brock's gym and failing because i only had a pikachu :l it took me ages to figure it out that electric doesn't effect rock.
    & i loved my pidgey so much, even though the back graphic for it was disgusting, and i actually cried when it evoed...

"maria, dinner!" "noooooooo i'm in the middle of a battle!" "pause it!" "you can't pause it!" mom coming over to switch it off...

memories. i might start playing it again, even though i'm playing ss :o
    ahhhhhhhhhhh. nostagic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    First post, long time browser.
    But anyway... RBY; I remember being stuck on Brock, I didn't know the type matchups at the time, and one morning I got to Lavender Town, I was lollin hard at the music of the town.
    GSC; Finding out that Typhlosion could learn Thunderpunch, and beating the Elite 4, + Red.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    I remember not knowing where the Flash HM was in Blue. My brother said it was a secret. Thanks to him, I have every corner of that game map burned into my brain. I also remember using Dugtrio against the last 6 gyms and thinking it was the ultimate Pokémon... until it got 1HKOed by the 1st Pokémon in the 1st Elite Four battle. Finally I remember learning that Ice was strong to Dragon while battling Lance (I swear, the original PokéDex handbook did NOT list that as a weakness!).

MasterSceptile

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I have no memories of any of them but I wish that we could just go back in time so I could buy all the games and play them as they come out, to get more acquainted with the series, instead of picking it up in Diamond and Pearl, and quite a while after they came out to (don't think platinum was out yet though)

"Wait, mom, I'm saving/batling!"

Buying Magikarp whitout knowing.
    Don't knowing how to swap pokemons.
    Beating the whole game only with a Charizard.

AND, when I first played Stadium 2 with my Pokemon Crystal and I appeared as a girl I went really sad...

I actually bought that magikarp playing through an emulator not to long ago knowing it would evolve into a freakin' dragon.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    In Blue, I couldnt get passed Lt. Surge, I beat him, but I couldnt find out what to do next. I kept playing though, I had Pokemon in the 50s before I restarted and found out what I was suppose to do :/

Blastoise, Pidgeot, Gengar, Golem ... Their might've been others, but I cant remember

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    In my very first time at playing Blue, my cousin decided to evolve my Squirtle into a mew with the help of a game shark but I thought it would evolve into mewtwo later on but instead it went back to a Blastoise...it was also the first Pokemon I got to lv.100 (until leafgreen where I lvl. up my Blastoise again)

Years
  • Ah, memories.
    Not being able to beat Brock for actual weeks in Yellow. My friend just said "go to Viridian forest and train like hell". I did, but he never told me Pikachu'd still be useless against him.
    Then, through even more tireless grinding, I learned of the beauty of Nidorina/rino's Double Kick (yes, I actually grinded 3 Pokemon past level 16- Pikachu, Nidorina and Nidorino- just to beat Brock).
    Then I remember being shocked but delighted at how easy it was, and how a mere hour or so later I'd beaten Misty. That day was enough to get me truly hooked on the games :D
    After that it actually took me years to beat the game. I remember just not going through Victory Road for one reason or another, but I eventually managed it :P

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
  • *Finally getting the badge from Whitney, then finally getting the squirtbottle.
    *Going in and out of caves or turning on my radio because I hated the bike theme (I like it now, I have every theme from those games on my computer and listen tot hem regularly)

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • RBY: Peeing myself when I figured out the ghost thing in Lavendar. You know, turning them into Ghastlys.

GSC: Peeing myself when I evolved Eevee during the Elite Four into Espeon.

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    I never knew there was a flash HM. I wondered in Rock Tunnel in the dark for days. It was very much time consuming. :\

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Hah - yeah, I never liked wasting a slot on Flash so I stopped using it for Rock Tunnel, and then I forgot where to find it in the first place.

And I keep reading this thread as "Sticky Memories thread." XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I remember when my brother and I first started the game with squirtle.... him and I were trying to find the way to the new town.. and we couldn't. So I told him that the turtle must've been the hardest and to start with Bulbasaur instead..

lol..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back