• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Lol well you guys should all know which one I would pick! xD

Mew hands down. It's got to be one of the cutest Pokemon I've ever seen (AND has a cute voice too! x3).

I don't really care about moves or anything in game like that, strangely enough. o_O Though I guess it's just because I don't really battle with legendaries..they just sit in my pc box and collect dust over the years lol.

-Neko

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Lol well you guys should all know which one I would pick! xD

Mew hands down. It's got to be one of the cutest Pokemon I've ever seen (AND has a cute voice too! x3).

I don't really care about moves or anything in game like that, strangely enough. o_O Though I guess it's just because I don't really battle with legendaries..they just sit in my pc box and collect dust over the years lol.

-Neko

I can name 50 pokemon I think are cuter than Mew. He looks like a hairless cat. Those are some of the most hideous creatures alive.

But just my opinion. No sense fighting it since I'm in the minority apparently.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I think Mew is the best mainly because he is from the first Generation of Pokemon (which happens to be my fave) and he is compassionate to everyone

I just feel Mew is not the God of Pokemon, but he earns the respect and gives it to all Pokemon.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I must say, Arceus is much more.....powerful

But Mew is just so AWESOME....i voted for Arceus by mistake :( i did a misclick

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Well power is one thing, but that shouldn't determine the better Pokemon.
    Unless of course you are choosing Pokemon for a competitive battling team, which still doesn't need to apply.

Years
    I'd be personally selecting Arceus
    MAINLY:
    -Because I'm tired of all the biased decisions for Mew because he's First Gen.(It was Great, but get over it)
    Mew's not the 'God', he's the "Alleged Ancestor of all Pokemon"(At the close of the First Gen.)
    Mew is not Cute, if you still think that, I'll show you his Sprite from Green and make you cry
    Spoiler:

There's just something cool about Arceus...

(and as for the Pokereligion questions, I guess we'll have to wait for Gen 6)

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Lol I would choose Arceus since the name sounds kinda cool. And If it was Shaymin(Sky or Land) Jirachi Mew or Celebi I would vote Shaymin! Shaymin's aweseome.

Solyss

✖Come At Me, Bro✖
    Years
    Mew. I mean, Mew was made first, and it's not like they're going to STOP making new Pokemon, new legendaries, whatever. Why make Arceus a "god"? And since when should a freaking thing like POKEMON have a God? o_o And why would such a high and mighty Pokemon be catchable? I mean... if you "caught" Arceus, then you could basically rule the world, which that will all probably end up being the plot of Pokemon the over 9000 movie. ._.

Also, Arceus is freaking ugly.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mew. I mean, Mew was made first, and it's not like they're going to STOP making new Pokemon, new legendaries, whatever. Why make Arceus a "god"? And since when should a freaking thing like POKEMON have a God? o_o And why would such a high and mighty Pokemon be catchable? I mean... if you "caught" Arceus, then you could basically rule the world, which that will all probably end up being the plot of Pokemon the over 9000 movie. ._.

Its a kids game. What kid wouldnt want to say : I caught the God of Pokemon Billy Bob!"
    And its not completely biblical, it was just a great Idea for a legendary...but that building in Hearthome City looks an awful lot like a church?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

first, it was still a myth.
    second, even if it did create the universe, that doesn't make it a god(or else it would have a religion).
    it just makes it the creator of the universe.
    third, it can't be the god pokemon because there ARE pokemon stronger than it.
    mewtwo and deoxys for example.
    and fourth, Arceus looks awesome(to me at least) because its a llama. Mew is just a shaved cat.
    but i think the building in hearthome is a church.
    they say a lot of stuff and there is a glass window in the front.
    i actually would've picked mew until i saw the pokemon green mew.
    that just killed a small part of me when i saw it.
    But seriously, how is Arceus ugly when he looks like this?
    Mew or Arceus?

Akiyo

Send my love.
    Years
    I pick Mew. It's simple, refined, whereas Arceus is some ugly, mishapen... thing.
    And I find the idea of capturing a god ridiculous (The fact that's for marketing doesn't make it any less so.). I mean come on, like some random ten year old kid is going to save the world, take on a huge group of criminals by themselves, and then capture god in a ball, and command it to battle. Wow. I think Pokemon went downhill after Gold/Silver, and almost every Pokemon after Celebi I consider ugly.

^^^My Opinion^^^

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Yeah I have to agree with some of you guys when you say Arceus is ugly.
    He just looks too misshaped for a God.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I couldn't choose.
    Mew - DNA Pokemon. One of my fav legendaries
    Arceus - I like the type change and Judgement.

Amplified Ampharos

Christmas Plant
    Years
    Mew Mew Mew Mew Arceus I don't like ARceus because 1.It is impossibly to get without hacking for now(Notice the excessive use on AR's now) 2.It looks like a Deformed DOnkey 3. It said he created pokemon world with 1,000 arms yet he can't learn any punching moves

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    Arceus

numbah 1.....Arceus pwns!!

numbah 2.....Arceus can be anytype

numbah 3.....Arceus can learn kick @$$ moves!

numbah 4.....Mew is a cat....Arceus is a kick @$$ goat with 1,000 legs....nuf said

Back