• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters

Duskfall

Hard-Headed Theologian
    Years
    And yes, Arceus is stated as the Pokemon God. Alpha Pokemon (the first). Arceus basically created everything.

But, I voted Mew. Mew is possibly the greatest Pokemon ever, as it has a HUGE variety of movesets. Arceus has plates, but then again, do the plates come with moves? No. He (yes, Mew IMO is NOT a FEMALE) rocks!

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Arceus is more powerful (and arceus is sweet name) is a but i think mew cooler,

Arceus just looks stupid, I mean look at its feet , its pathetic.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Guys. Stop calling Arceus "God". It never has once said this in any game or anime or movie or anything.

Well, it has been referred to as the God of all Pokémon, which renders the quoted post null and void.

Anyways, I have a view on the Mew & Arceus debacle and I dislike what I've come out with, but it's a pretty reasonable explanation. Arceus was the overlord of the Pokémon world, it was the first Pokémon ever and it had the power to create an entity known as Mew. Mew came into the Pokémon world and gave life to every Pokémon there is. Some Pokémon were more important than others; Groudon was created and it made land while Kyogre was born and it caused water to rise. Meowth, on the other hand, was a Pokémon destined to roam the world in search of food.

Yeah, my view sort of resembles Christianity (which I don't really believe in and we won't be going into it in this thread) but without it or something similar to it, you get the Mew & Arceus debacle, where you argue forever as to who is the true Original One.

My favourite, however, is Mew. It was there first and it could learn every move in the game. Yeah, Arceus can change types but it usurped Mew's throne as the overlord of Pokémon for no real reason and isn't favoured by me at all thanks to that deed.

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    MEW is the original Legendary pokemon!!
    all other legends after that are all wannabes
    hahaha!

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
    I'd have to say Mew. Not because it's from the original 151. It was not even catchable in the original games, unless you used the glitch.

I like it more because it looks kind. Arceus looks like hellspawn in my opinion, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mew also can learn every move,and even though Arceus can change types, Mew is the only Pokemon besides Ditto who can learn Transform.

So, I'm not putting down Arceus, it is a great addition to any team, but I would choose Mew for the last spot in my party anyday.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I don't know how Arceus battles. So I'll have to go with Mew. XD

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I went with Arceus. I love the aesthetic properties of it's design and the epicness of the idea of it being the creator of all POKeMON. Also, the idea that it can change type based on the plate it is holding is really cool, in my opinion.

SailorShadow

Soldier of Shadows
    Years
    I think the idea of a god pokemon was a bad idea, so I chose Mew. I mean, it rules out the possibility of any better legendary, since the god should be strongest.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Yay Mew! He's way cooler than Arceus, and he learns every TM in the game...can't get more diverse than that!

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
    wow plates *sarcasticly*, in pokereality if arceus changed type , lets say to fire, mew would use a water move, in the poke world he can learn any move, so MEW FTW!!!!

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    my friend's mew used metronome and it got splash lol!

problem with mew is, that if arceus knew dark or ghost type moves it could easily destroy mew

Back