• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    nuh-uh! he has 1,000 well thats what it says in the pokedex. but you have to count each bump on him as 1 leg

It also says arceus created the pokemon universe which was based on a myth.
    come on, everyone knows that mew is the true creator, but that arceus is just that much better.
    how about we all go on a limb and say that mew was there before the universe?
    it sounds far fetched, but no one knows what pokemon need to live(pixels).
    so come on, to end the debate already.

agurcsik

Wee Warios like Strawberries
    Years
    arceus can learn roar of time in the game so i say he should win
    arceus pwns all pkmn

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Arceus

numbah 1.....Arceus pwns!!

numbah 2.....Arceus can be anytype

numbah 3.....Arceus can learn kick @$$ moves!

numbah 4.....Mew is a cat....Arceus is a kick @$$ goat with 1,000 legs....nuf said

he has 1000 arms, not legs.

Stay on topic, please
    Make your vote, and list your opinion

I am, I'm stating that mew is cute :)

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Well, it has been referred to as the God of all Pokémon, which renders the quoted post null and void.

Anyways, I have a view on the Mew & Arceus debacle and I dislike what I've come out with, but it's a pretty reasonable explanation. Arceus was the overlord of the Pokémon world, it was the first Pokémon ever and it had the power to create an entity known as Mew. Mew came into the Pokémon world and gave life to every Pokémon there is. Some Pokémon were more important than others; Groudon was created and it made land while Kyogre was born and it caused water to rise. Meowth, on the other hand, was a Pokémon destined to roam the world in search of food.

Yeah, my view sort of resembles Christianity (which I don't really believe in and we won't be going into it in this thread) but without it or something similar to it, you get the Mew & Arceus debacle, where you argue forever as to who is the true Original One.

My favourite, however, is Mew. It was there first and it could learn every move in the game. Yeah, Arceus can change types but it usurped Mew's throne as the overlord of Pokémon for no real reason and isn't favoured by me at all thanks to that deed.

1. No, that's just it. It has NEVER been called the God of all pokemon by anyone other than fans.

2. That's false. Arceus created Palkia and Dialga, and in turn Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. They all came before Mew. This has been stated in the game. Most likely (though unconfirmed) Groudon and Kyogre both came before Mew as well.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    arceus can learn roar of time in the game so i say he should win
    arceus pwns all pkmn

only dialga and darkrai have that move, he can't learn roar of time.
    and i think YOOM-TAH explained it very well.
    1. No, that's just it. It has NEVER been called the God of all pokemon by anyone other than fans.
    it has never been said by nintendo that arceus is the god.
    In the pokedex, it only said that it created the universe.
    Just because it created the universe, it doesn't make it a god.
    besides, i don't know why people hate arceus just because its a llama.
    I'd like to see how they would make a supposed "god" pokemon.

Roronoa Zolo

Three Sword Master
    Years
    Mew = DNA pokemon
    Arceus = God Pokemon

Hmmm tough choice.
    I choose Mew.
    Uber Cute.
    It can learn Transform ^__^ *transforms into Arceus*
    And just because, i got a legitimate one :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would just love for the two of them to share the glory.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Arceus, because it's way stronger than mew. It's base stat is 120 point higher than mew.

Arceus: 720 (highest of any Pokemon)
    Mew: 600

Back