• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Michael Jackson dies from Cardiac Arrest

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    R.I.P. Michael Jackson. You will be remembered.

I hope you appreciate the massive boom in sales, it may pay off you debt, unlikely though.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Let see...he was in a couple of movies and more importantly a singer. OE is basically the home of movies and music here.

Cardiac Arrest = Heart Attack

No, no, no. How is it entertaining that he'S dead?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its not. But OE is for news of the entertainment business like movies music actors and actor deaths and rumors or more specifically gossip on holywood. MJ died and this news is entertainment news which fits perfectly here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I'm one of those people that found Michael Jackson to be an inspiration more than anything. As much as some people questioned him as a person, he had a massive impact on music throughout his life, I mean he basically shaped the music industry we see today. As far as I'm concerned he was the most talented musician and performer the world has seen, and although he's gone I doubt he'll ever be forgotten.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson​

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    After reading up about this story in more detail I've discovered he was addicted to the pain killer drug that happened to cause his cardiac arrest. He was an addict on pain killers which caused his death according to my parents & the newspapers.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Michael Jackson was a celebrity. If you actually read the description, celebrity discussion goes here, regardless of how grim it may be. :|

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I actually can't believe he's dead, even three days later. I remember being in so much shock when I found out, and denying that it even happened. It still hasn't really hit me that he's gone. He was such a great musician, my family and I are all fans of his. Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Poor guy. He was an amazing singer and an even better dancer, and he's going to be terribly missed. Whatever about the issues with his skin and his battles in court, no one deserves to go that soon.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years

This saddens me greatly. I still can't believe all this has happened so sudden. He really was a genius, whether the way he presented himself was "appropriate" or not. Then again, when is a creative genius ever truly "appropriate" for society?

He was a man on the verge of collapse, and somehow, something resonated through him, and like a poorly designed building, he collapsed. All that remains is the foundations of that, a legacy that should never be forgotten.

I hope the people who accused him of being a pedophile are feeling guilty of what they did. Ugh. They probably don't. Heh, no surprise there.

I will certainly make a tribute for him, although I hope that my artistic representation of the King of Pop is an adequate one... I have never drawn a real man on paper before, but I am willing to take the step for him.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014

This saddens me greatly. I still can't believe all this has happened so sudden. He really was a genius, whether the way he presented himself was "appropriate" or not. Then again, when is a creative genius ever truly "appropriate" for society?

He was a man on the verge of collapse, and somehow, something resonated through him, and like a poorly designed building, he collapsed. All that remains is the foundations of that, a legacy that should never be forgotten.

I hope the people who accused him of being a pedophile are feeling guilty of what they did. Ugh. They probably don't. Heh, no surprise there.

I will certainly make a tribute for him, although I hope that my artistic representation of the King of Pop is an adequate one... I have never drawn a real man on paper before, but I am willing to take the step for him.

I totally agree! I hope all the people who used him and accused him feel REALLY GUILTY right now! These people make me sick. They shouldn't get any sympathy at all! *spit on them*

Anyway, if it wasn't for Michael we wouldn't have many music artists today because once in their lives they were influenced by Michael. He was my idol and I truly loved him. *breaks down* I was hoping maybe someday I will get to meet him...I guess that is too late now. He is in a better place now, and I bet he is looking down and is happy that we remember him. Your music and legacy will live on in my heart. <3

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I haven't posted here yet, and I honestly can't believe that I haven't. o_o;

I'll admit, I was a bigger fan of his music when I was younger, and don't listen to much of it now. However, I still think he's pretty awesome, and I hate that he died so randomly, and so young. Sure, lately his life had been more on rough side, but he still had a lot of reasons to live, and people who cared about him. As a legend to the music industry, I don't think he'll ever be forgotten. I know there are people who hold a lot of things against him, and I wasn't sure what to think of himself, myself.. but music-wise, he was pretty awesome. Even if he screwed up in some ways. That doesn't make him a bad person, MJ was still generally a nice guy.

It's really a shame that he's gone, especially for those closest to him, and huge fans - who might as well have been.

R.I.P MJ. Keep on moon walkin'. D:

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    It's funny and kind of sad that I haven't truly appreciated his music until his death. I always loved Billie Jean though.

I mean, damn, he had incredible talent, he's a music legend now.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I haven't posted here yet, and I honestly can't believe that I haven't. o_o;

I'll admit, I was a bigger fan of his music when I was younger, and don't listen to much of it now. However, I still think he's pretty awesome, and I hate that he died so randomly, and so young. Sure, lately his life had been more on rough side, but he still had a lot of reasons to live, and people who cared about him. As a legend to the music industry, I don't think he'll ever be forgotten. I know there are people who hold a lot of things against him, and I wasn't sure what to think of himself, myself.. but music-wise, he was pretty awesome. Even if he screwed up in some ways. That doesn't make him a bad person, MJ was still generally a nice guy.

It's really a shame that he's gone, especially for those closest to him, and huge fans - who might as well have been.

R.I.P MJ. Keep on moon walkin'. D:

I read something somewhere about his life as of late and how he was affected, and to be honest, he really didn't have much more to live for. His wife said the way Michael spoke almost sounded suicidal. He could no longer walk, let alone dance, he could hardly speak sometimes, so there's no way he would've been able to keep his career going and on top of that, he signed up for 50 concerts when he only wanted to do 10. He was in a wheelchair for crying out loud. He had to wear a mask in public to protect his diseased lungs. And weirdly enough, a week before he died, he stated the following; 'I'm better off dead. I'm done.' And to be perfectly honest, I can see why. His whole life he had been ridiculed, thrown aside and mocked. He never got the respect he deserved, and now it's too late for people to show him that respect.

"Michael Jackson may very well have been the most talented performer of his generation, but for 15 years that fact has been lost to a generation who may remember him only as a grotesque caricature who liked to share his bed with little boys. Now that he's gone, maybe it's time to shelve the suspicions and appreciate the music."

https://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/27/article-0-057D1944000005DC-679_472x651.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1196009/Im-better-dead-Im-How-Michael-Jackson-predicted-death-months-ago.html&usg=__xYhxyLfBXiv_AgX3epRZCRJBqyU=&h=651&w=472&sz=96&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=6tPuBtp3Q5ucKM:&tbnh=138&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmichael%2Bjackson%2Bdead%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rlz%3D1G1GGLQ_ENAU329%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    All that sickens me about this, besides the fact that the people who pointed fingers at him and called him a pedophile probably feel like "they've won", the record company is probably very, very happy about this through the amount of his albums being sold.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Didn't expect him to die at the age of 50. :/
    Well, he will always be remembered, even by people that hate him. So much for the comeback he was supposed to do.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    My mum actually cried... Well its not really a laughing matter...

Rest In Peace Moonwalker, may god bless your soul...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    When he died, my mom was very tight and she and other people (there still people rolling around with his music on my block blasting it) were blasting his music. My favorite songs were Thriller and Beat it. Also at first I though he died because of his nose and having problems breathing out of it

:t354:TG

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Ugh. I always try to avoid this topic as it makes me sad..:(
    I really liked his music and he was an amazing performer!
    I cant beleive he died so young..
    Im glad that now, more than ever, people appreciate him for his music rather than ridicule and mock him for foolish mistakes, but after all, aren't we all only human?
    -RIP Michael Jackon.

Back