• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mini-Modding?

Do you Mini-Mod?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Not Really, I've never really noticed

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • No, I never mini-mod! =0

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • What? What kind of a ridiculous poll is this!? Stupid Community Supporter!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
  • Do you think you mini-mod alot or at all?

I mini-mod a bit when Im helping people out by telling them things are against the rules, but it turned out to be a habit...

Whiplash

Been very inactive
    Years
  • Not really but I may and not notice.
    But it seems everyone in PC has turned out like that now.

Years
  • that's cute! I always "mini-mod" at forums I'm familiar with (not this one,since I'm new,but al lot of other forums)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Omfg. I definitely mini-mod. I always yell at people when they do not follow the rules ^^;

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • I suppose I walk a bit of a fine line. When I report something, I usually tell the poster/thread creator what they did wrong as well as reporting it. I guess that could be mini-modding.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Um, well I help people sometimes. Like if they post a thread in the wrong forum or something, I tell them where to remake it.
    On occasion if someone spams I tell them not too... but I don't think thats real serious Mini-Moding... I just try to help people so they know. x3

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I don't really. I do tell some member what they are doing if it bad but I do it by PM. I don't go and inturpt the tread by saying what they doing is bad. I just send them a PM telling them what they did is wrong or against the rules. Mostly if they breaking sig rules.

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I USED to mini-mod. I just don't anymore. I'm hear to have fun now, not to take responsibility for other people... I do expect people to follow the rules, though~ 'Tis much more enjoyable. =P

Years
  • I don't think I mini-mod, since I actually only use the report button and hardly ever post.
    I don't really see a need to tell other members to read the rules and stuff, that's the mods work, why should I even bother to do that?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • Mini-modding benefits some moderaters because sometimes it knocks some sense into moderaters that lack controlling other community members.

I don't mini-mod that much, but I do it when I need to.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I only really do it when the person pisses me off.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • I don't think I mini-mod; well, not now at least. If I see a thread in the wrong place I report it, but I don't think I tell them it's against the rules...just report it.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
  • Wherever I'm not in the staff, I have a bad habit of doing it — which explains why I have so many staff at PUK and Serebii.net on my MSN list.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé believes that it is not what is being said that classifies mini-mod, but rather, what is the tone that is implied within during the post that is to tell another member not to do something else, or preferred to do something instead. The mini-mod tone has always been hailed as one of the classic example of a tone for an "elitist" and perhaps that is why it is dreaded...

She can easily see that there are some occassion where the problem is so trivial that reporting it would be a waste of human resources... Something so small to be insigificant can always use a little push or a small guide from another regular member to enlighten the way instead. Such a content of a post maybe mistaken as "mini-modding" but it will depend on the tone, she imagines...

Back