• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Are you thinking of implementing Doesntknowhowtoplay's physical/special split?

I'd like to, but I don't know if it can be applied to hacks in progress or if it's only applicable to hacks that are just starting off. If it's the latter, then I couldn't really do it, since I'm way too far into the hack to start again =)

Years
  • Are you going to add more ranks to the careers? I think there should be a bigger variety on the ranks for example in the Trainer career you could add Amateur,Experienced,Advanced,Professional,Elite Etc.... it will also make it harder to reach Master and finish the career.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks for reporting glitches guys =) seems every time I think I've fixed everthing something else pops up lol. I'm going to replace the Version 1.5 patch link today, but don't worry, your sav files will work fine. =)

EDIT: The new patch link is available below, if everyone could download this one instead! The hero sprite is still a little glitch because it's taking me a really long time to edit each frame, so please, please ignore it for now if you can =P

https://www.mediafire.com/?k9bqyj28583rdhy

Last edited:

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • In the 1.5 update, there's a sprite glitch when riding the
    bike. Anyone else experiencing this? For me there is a wierd flashing
    outline whenever i go left,right,and up. Btw I like the new player and rival
    sprites xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    In the 1.5 update, there's a sprite glitch when riding the
    sprites xD

said glitch also occurs while running, Character sprite reverts to a palette swapped version of the original sprite.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    In the 1.5 update, there's a sprite glitch when riding the
    sprites xD

said glitch also occurs while running, Character sprite reverts to a palette swapped version of the original sprite.

This. vvv

The hero sprite is still a little glitch because it's taking me a really long time to edit each frame, so please, please ignore it for now if you can =P

https://www.mediafire.com/?k9bqyj28583rdhy

Sorry but I just hate repeating myself haha. I really am working on it so please just try not to pay any attention to it for now =)

Years
  • So I just noticed if you go to the police station you can become a temporary cop. This looks like a nice new career that might be good to add

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2015
    Wow, this sounds awesome :0
    I am currently trying to figure out how to make a Pokémon game in fact ^^'

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2022
    Just finished my first playthrough in beta 1.5
    I must say I really enjoyed the hack and love what you've been able to incorporate.
    Some of the bugs/glitches I found:
    1. was that after the earthquake and your transported to the sfs headquarters if you step right the game freezes.
    2. Theres a guy in litheon city whos says you can go to Mt.Ore now, to the blocked off part but when I went, it was still blocked.
    3. The stairs leading to the ladder that would get me out of tanzite tunnel was blocked for some reason, I used walkthrough walls to bypass it and go to the ladder.
    4. Same thing when going to Clear pond to get the fly HM.
    5. I caught the skrelp but no one in the SFS will talk about it, in fact very few people talk in the headquarters, the NPCs are missing dialogue maybe?
    6. I am still able to do a police quest asking me to stop the GIN after the lord grey event.
    7. I can go into loxars hideout and be given a thief misson to rob IVY's sudowudo and get coins for it.
    8. Venasaur is written as Venusaur in the game and it cant learn petal dance or solarbeam via the TM's.
    9. My nidoking is capable of learning surf but I was forced to evolve a magikarp in order to get the HM since they deemed him not strong enough :/
    10. My azradon evolved at level 40 but then my azramadon was level 37 for some reason.

Sorry if these have been mentioned, just letting you know what I found. Great job and I hope you continue to work on this. With a bit of fine tuning this could be one of the greatest hacks ever, in my opinion. Also does Azramadon evolve?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2015
    I seemed to be stuck on new bora when I was Brought there for the first time, when that guy enters the base I cant follow him because the door is glitched and I can't enter so I tried exploring and I found a glitched pokemon sprite that I cant talk to either.So can you help me?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thank you for reporting glitches as always, it's always helpful =)

VenUsaur is the correct spelling, not VenAsaur, I did try and say not to accept the New Bora sidequest in the thread, because you'd get stuck, the blocked off part on Mt. Ore is still blocked because it isn't available in this version of the beta, the old man who gave you the skrelp quest is who to talk to once finished but maybe if you did other events you should have been blocked off from (my error of course) then that's why it isn't working, tanzite tunnel, I think it's a movement permission error, you can't get the Surf License with a Nidoking because I wanted it to be dependent on a water pokemon only, I don't think I can add any ore ranks to careers because all the scripts are based around what's there and I really, really can't add a new career as much as I'd like to because I'm having problems keeping up with the 4 that are already in haha. Also you're not supposed to be able to do the Police quest if you're a Seeker or Criminal. Will have to look into that =/

I think it's safe to say I clearly bit off more than I could chew for my first hack lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2017
    The game is really fun an original haven't played to far into it but what I have played it is great. Tried to download beta 1.5 isp but mediafire said it was removed not sure if your uploading a new patch or if it was accidently deleted just thought I should mention the issue.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yeah sorry about that, I deleted it. I just don't see the point in having the download link for a buggy glitchy patch still active, as when I do release the new one people might not see it and still report bugs from the old one and I'll get all confused lol

Back