• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    So is it possible to get through Tanzite Tunnel? I get to an area where there is a ladder on some higher ground, but I cannot walk up the stairs to the higher ground. Great hack by the way!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So is it possible to get through Tanzite Tunnel? I get to an area where there is a ladder on some higher ground, but I cannot walk up the stairs to the higher ground. Great hack by the way!

Would you mind posting a screenshot of where this is? Looking at Tanzite Tunnel in A-map right now and can't find the error =/ really want to get it fixed!

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    Screen%20Shot%202014-03-05%20at%2011.47.10%20AM.png

sorry i dont know why it didnt show up ill try again

sorry i dont know why it didnt show up ill try again

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Hey, I actually made an account here just so I could comment on your ROM because I want to see it succeed so badly - it's awesome.

I'm going to comment on a few bugs I've found while playing, and I'm on mobile so forgive me for not having screenshots or whatever.

1. You can't get to Clearwater pond because the door to the building leading to it won't let you in.

2. In Iron Hollow if you go through I think the left most door and follow it through it'll lead you to a battle room where you fight (I think Tain, team Aqua leader) who sends out a level one ? Pokemon. If you beat him the game crashes.

3. In Tanzinite there's a kid running in circles and if you click on him you can get infinite PP Max.

4. It's possible to get your professional license from Atenza before you ever see her and Tristan on the bridge if you do events out of order (no bug I guess it just makes it seem funny)

5. Eli is named Eli2 in Tanzinite tunnel and has a level 19 Rapidash. Also of you walk to where he was on the wall an arrow appears like you can walk through.

6. Throughout the game I notice there are a lot of spots where there's a random invisible wall in just one block. I can't remember any specifics though.

7. In the Pub in Grey's estate there is a sprite of the main character sitting there that you can't talk to.

8. On the path after Mt Ore there are a bunch of trainers standing in a little area that are all not able to be talked to.

9. In the SFS base if you go to the right when you're teleported there the game freezes.

10. If you go to Eli's house there's a pokeball that can't be clicked.

Anyways that's all I can think of for the moment. I saw your curiousity about adding the PSS split and I believe you can still. I know the creator of Glazed added it in his beta 5f patch, so I assume it can still be done.

Also, any chance you can post Azaron's base stats?

Can't wait until the next patch!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2022
    I'm not putting the link in the first post. It is full of bugs so Id rather not have it there, a link to the better bug-free version will be there soon.

Where is the house with the tile glitch? I can't seem to find it =/ the Brun Cliff, item ball and text errors have been fixed. The first 2 were errors on my part after doing some block editing and re-mapping a few things =) thanks for pointing these out as I obviously forgot =P

Oh ok.

It is on the wall. Sweet! :D You are welcome.

Oh by the way 1.5 update link is broke. Can you update the link please? Thank.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2014
    so the latest version is ?
    can anybody give me the link to download...

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, I actually made an account here just so I could comment on your ROM because I want to see it succeed so badly - it's awesome.

I'm going to comment on a few bugs I've found while playing, and I'm on mobile so forgive me for not having screenshots or whatever.

1. You can't get to Clearwater pond because the door to the building leading to it won't let you in.

2. In Iron Hollow if you go through I think the left most door and follow it through it'll lead you to a battle room where you fight (I think Tain, team Aqua leader) who sends out a level one ? Pokemon. If you beat him the game crashes.

3. In Tanzinite there's a kid running in circles and if you click on him you can get infinite PP Max.

4. It's possible to get your professional license from Atenza before you ever see her and Tristan on the bridge if you do events out of order (no bug I guess it just makes it seem funny)

5. Eli is named Eli2 in Tanzinite tunnel and has a level 19 Rapidash. Also of you walk to where he was on the wall an arrow appears like you can walk through.

6. Throughout the game I notice there are a lot of spots where there's a random invisible wall in just one block. I can't remember any specifics though.

7. In the Pub in Grey's estate there is a sprite of the main character sitting there that you can't talk to.

8. On the path after Mt Ore there are a bunch of trainers standing in a little area that are all not able to be talked to.

9. In the SFS base if you go to the right when you're teleported there the game freezes.

10. If you go to Eli's house there's a pokeball that can't be clicked.

Anyways that's all I can think of for the moment. I saw your curiousity about adding the PSS split and I believe you can still. I know the creator of Glazed added it in his beta 5f patch, so I assume it can still be done.

Also, any chance you can post Azaron's base stats?

Can't wait until the next patch!

Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback =) Almost all of the bugs you listed have been fixed now, but I'm quite concerned, how did you manage to skip the bora bridge event and get your professional license first?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Extensive work is underway for Version 2... I will update the link for the 'new' 1.5. =)

Version 2 I'm hoping to have up to just before the Avlar Tournament (ie Pokémon League) done, but trying to flesh out a bit of what's already there too.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Thank you very much for your invaluable feedback =) Almost all of the bugs you listed have been fixed now, but I'm quite concerned, how did you manage to skip the bora bridge event and get your professional license first?

I'm honestly having a hard time remembering. I think I managed to travel across the bridge before going back to deliver the item Atenza gives you to the research guy. Then after I went back and finally did that I got the event when going back across the bridge.

Edit: Also I found a couple of more things.

I went into IVY's house and she said I was trying to steal her pokemon and battled me. I'm not sure if this is normal but I'm in SFS and not the gang.

There's a house in the town with the grass gym and a girl facing the window that you can't talk to.

The head of police told me to find GIN in the pub but I did that already and gave it to the officer so I could fight LOXAR, and now almost no one talks in the pub.

There's a house in Jita I think where a guy mentions his brothers services and talks about poison pokemon, his brother doesn't talk.

If you go back to Grey's estate after the event Solomon is still there.

I noticed a lot of signs have random characters on them if you try to read them, notably the locked building in Grey estate (only one i know off the top of my head.)

The story teller in Havara doesn't talk.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The new Version 1.5 can be found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?f5c55b1qgqrim22

Like with the previous edition of 1.5, you will need to start a new game, but you'll be able to use your save file for the coming Version 2.

I tried to fix as many glicthes as I could, some things like NPCs not talking/signs blank is because I'm still trying to finalise some longer scripts and locations for things. Unfortunately the Pokedex is still a bit weird-looking and the problem with Running Shoes is still present. I've completely re-done every movement permission in every map, so hopefully no more invisible walls! Also the biking/walking sprite for the hero aren't all garbled anymore, but the original hero OW will flash when surfing and fishing. I also changed some variables around to solve the extreme issue of careers being able to overlap into each other, now there should be no chance of that happening.

As always there are bound to be things I've forgotten so if you see anything that looks out of the ordinary leave a comment =)

WARNING: For those doing the Research career, DO NOT go to New Bora when asked. You WILL get stuck. I've made it so that you can pick up the sidequest in Version 2 because it ties in with some storyline events that aren't in 1.5.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    So I was curious about Azradon's stats/evolution stats, so I tried quickleveling him to 40 using a Adamant/Modest/Timid natures and I found that there was a huge difference in stats and that there was little consistency. For one of the Modest tests he ended up having higher Attack than SpAtk. An adamant try gave 126 SpAtk while around 114 Atk (and 120 Spd, where all others were around 90). The Timid run yielded around 96 SpAtk and around 105 Atk (with 99 Speed, which didn't make sense).

So I just wanted to see if maybe there was something with with Azradon's evolution stats because this doesnt seem to make sense to me.

EDIT: Hmm, I think I've seen what you've done here. This is actually kinda awesome. Nevermind!

Last edited:

Pokémon Trainer 188

I gotta say I'm not a fan of Fakemon but this was a really nice hack ^_^

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Just showing off a new area coming soon =) my first attempt at tile inserting so it's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it came out.

The area is inspired by aqueducts, or a tunnel going through water =)

20f71b8.png

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Just showing off a new area coming soon =) my first attempt at tile inserting so it's not perfect, but I'm happy with how it came out.

The area is inspired by aqueducts, or a tunnel going through water =)

20f71b8.png

Love the idea! But you should take out that two lighty window.

KinKage

Golden Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Wow! I'm really loving this. I appreciate the time and effort and feel that you and this hack deserves alot more attention. Keep it up, it's awesome especially since you're working on this by yourself or mostly that takes serious skill. Good luck to this hack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    This hack is looking great so far but I started up a new game on the current beta and upon entering the first house on the left in the suburb i was trapped and both the door and stairs in the building were blocked by invisible walls, after turning on walk through walls i still couldn't escape, does this mean i must restart?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2022
    So when I download the 1.5 version, you uploaded yesterday, I can't use my save file from the previous new 1.5? Or can I?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I would start a new save just to be safe. Just realised a weird house glitch, which I will fix and then upload a new patch, which won't conflict with your save file, unless you saved in a house. =) I don't really understand EVs and IVs and all that stuff, I didn't change any so maybe that's why the base stats are weird for the Azradon line. I'll look into it! Thanks for the help identifying problems and support =)

EDIT: Newer Vesrion 1.5: https://www.mediafire.com/?f5c55b1qgqrim22

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I would start a new save just to be safe. Just realised a weird house glitch, which I will fix and then upload a new patch, which won't conflict with your save file, unless you saved in a house. =) I don't really understand EVs and IVs and all that stuff, I didn't change any so maybe that's why the base stats are weird for the Azradon line. I'll look into it! Thanks for the help identifying problems and support =)

To me it looks like if you have higher attack than special attack you branch into a high Atk, spatk, speed evolution (and learn flamethrower at 40, as well as other different level up moves) If you're higher spatk you evolve into medium Atk/spatk and very high spdef (and learn thunderbolt at 40 with different level up moves.) if this is intentional it's kinda cool, I'm assuming it has to do with Azradon being based off Tyrogue though.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    To me it looks like if you have higher attack than special attack you branch into a high Atk, spatk, speed evolution (and learn flamethrower at 40, as well as other different level up moves) If you're higher spatk you evolve into medium Atk/spatk and very high spdef (and learn thunderbolt at 40 with different level up moves.) if this is intentional it's kinda cool, I'm assuming it has to do with Azradon being based off Tyrogue though.

Yeah that's what it was supposed to be like! Thank god lol I thought it was another bug or something. Thank you for explaining to me!

The new link is up also with some new minor glitch fixes.

Back