• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
EDIT: Have some updated screenshots of the new graphics in the cities! Some maps have been completely re-done and others are just small touches.

23ie5ua.png
n3q4o8.png
2n1djdh.png
vmzxx2.png
s5hh76.png

gotta say you've come a long way avara, keep up the great work. I love the log cabins,they're a nice touch.

Years
I do love the aesthetic of this screenshot in particular, although the two-pixel-wide borders of only a couple of the logs in the roofs looks really weird and jarring. The perspective of the log piles also looks slightly weird (I think they should appear slightly longer). Finally, the teal colour of the windows of the log cabins also looks weird.

These are all nitpicks, though, and the screenshots still look very nice!

Years
Avara it is paying off so much, the tiling looks amazing. I love the fact that we will be able to run multiplue careers. Oh My character will be a god. I just can't wait. ^u^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The new screenshots look great. Also I liked the level gap of the Houndoom etc it was a nice challenge. I had already caught the Steelix and a level 46 Haunter in the same cave so I had no problems.

..Anxiously awaiting Version 3 :)

Thanks for your support, hopefully the wait won't be too long! =P

gotta say you've come a long way avara, keep up the great work. I love the log cabins,they're a nice touch.

Glad to hear it, I was worried the log cabins might be too dark for their surroundings but I think I've just been looking at them for too long haha. Thanks man and also for all your help beta testing and stuff! =)

I do love the aesthetic of this screenshot in particular, although the two-pixel-wide borders of only a couple of the logs in the roofs looks really weird and jarring. The perspective of the log piles also looks slightly weird (I think they should appear slightly longer). Finally, the teal colour of the windows of the log cabins also looks weird.

These are all nitpicks, though, and the screenshots still look very nice!

Thank you! I agree with you about the log roof, but not too sure how to fix it... I've just learned how to insert tiles in the most basic of ways so hopefully I'll be able to make it look proper soon. I took your advice on board about the log piles and made them a bit longer, and now they look much nicer, so thanks for pointing that out to me as I'd have totally overlooked it! =)

Avara it is paying off so much, the tiling looks amazing. I love the fact that we will be able to run multiplue careers. Oh My character will be a god. I just can't wait. ^u^

You can already run multiple careers if you want to, bar Crime and Seeker. The new side-careers are coming along nice too, just finished the cutscene for when you become a Gym Leader. Thanks so much again for all your support too, it really means a lot =)

The log or fence whatever it's called looks odd.
2n1djdh.png

Like the palette is messed up.

Aww, I meant to sort that ages ago! Yeah I agree the colouring is definitely off. Thanks for reminding me, I'd totally forgotten to do something about the shadow colour, whoops. As I said somewhere above, I'm just starting to get the hang of the graphics hacking world so this probably happened when I swapped a few palettes around or something.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I love this hack and just wondering why my Ariados isn't part dark type? It's bug/poison. Ariados is my fav bug type and when I heard you changed his typing it made me want him so much more. I would be owning with faint attack even more! Also make a banner so I can put in my signature!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2022
I think you should put the physical/special split, it would be awesome.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 25, 2016
i am not finding a way to reach ekureba city there is no water path from burn valley and no water path from lethean city

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 8, 2018
I was grinding and i ran into a shiny female nidoran. I check my pokeballs guess what there are NONE there. Thanks for the higher prices :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
where i can find the absol that escaped from loxar?

Go to Heather Hill, he should be around there somewhere =)

Please keep in mind guys that the world-map in-game is still the default FireRed one, and so it really doesn't match up to my region's layout at all. Sorry for the inconvenience but I have tried to edit it multiple times and just can't get it to work - so try not to get too confused by the worldmap for now! =P

Also, I thought I'd try and keep this for a surprise at first, but I think I've probably made it fairly obvious throughout the game: there is going to be a second region. SO, the Avlar Championship Tournament will not be the end! But yeah, I was too excited to keep it to myself for any longer, so there it is =)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 20, 2015
i cant wait for it.
by the way this is the best hack i have ever played avara thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
i cant wait for it.
by the way this is the best hack i have ever played avara thanks.

Thanks so much! That's genuinely really nice to hear =) when I made this thread I doubted anyone would play it at all apart from me haha, so the support really does mean a lot to me. =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Hi Avaramoon, I have a problem.

During the Abyssol event in my Trainer Career, when I try to talk to the head scientist, I just get a Rare candy instead, So I can't continue the story.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Your hack is looking great, avaramoon, and it looks like you've progressed enough for your thread to be moved to the Hacks Studio so just tell me if you'd like it to be moved there. :)

By the way I noticed your first post has way too much unnecessary empty space at the bottom parts and it's a little annoying to scroll all the way down to get to the download link, maybe you should fix that up a little?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
I can't play the game, despite downloading it. What file type did you use to make the game?

Back