• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • I am kind of sad now, because it seems that Butterfree isn't eligible to learn fly? Maybe add that into V3 please? Because I miss my flying buddy. :(

Is it that it cannot learn fly at all or is it that it is not enough for license? I got my Gyarados for surf license, but after that I was able to teach surf to dragonine, which I actually did. Did you try to get Unfezant for HM? Or do you already have HM? If the latter, you probably have to wait for hack Guru here :)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • Is it that it cannot learn fly at all or is it that it is not enough for license? I got my Gyarados for surf license, but after that I was able to teach surf to dragonine, which I actually did. Did you try to get Unfezant for HM? Or do you already have HM? If the latter, you probably have to wait for hack Guru here :)

the script for license requires specific pokemons but the HM script remains unchanged, so every pokemon who can learn the HM will do so.
    Zapdos86 has to do the same thing as I did. Give a fearow to the office and then teach the Hm to the pokemon he wants, butterfree in that case. And you will do so except if your wanted pokemon is in the list of license script.

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • Is it that it cannot learn fly at all or is it that it is not enough for license? I got my Gyarados for surf license, but after that I was able to teach surf to dragonine, which I actually did. Did you try to get Unfezant for HM? Or do you already have HM? If the latter, you probably have to wait for hack Guru here :)

It just says you don't have any powerful bird pokemon by our standards even though my Butterfree is level 40.

Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    my bad sorry xD next I will know

No problem! =)

Is it that it cannot learn fly at all or is it that it is not enough for license? I got my Gyarados for surf license, but after that I was able to teach surf to dragonine, which I actually did. Did you try to get Unfezant for HM? Or do you already have HM? If the latter, you probably have to wait for hack Guru here :)

It just says you don't have any powerful bird pokemon by our standards even though my Butterfree is level 40.

Thanks for your comments! In all honesty I hadn't even thought about adding Butterfree into the Fly License script, but I think I will add him in now. But then I'll also have to add in Beedrill, Beautifly and Dustox too... Hmm. lol

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • No problem! =)

Thanks for your comments! In all honesty I hadn't even thought about adding Butterfree into the Fly License script, but I think I will add him in now. But then I'll also have to add in Beedrill, Beautifly and Dustox too... Hmm. lol

Thanks for taking it under consideration, because from the beginning of the game I had wanted a Butterfree on my team, and wanted to teach it fly. Where you planning on just waiting until V3 to add them in, or is that literally going to be your next small update? Also, where could I catch a Spearow, since I have no map I don't really remember.

EDIT: So I got the HM, but it seems Butterfree can't learn it at all. Oh well. But what I am more concerned about is how to pass the Verlum Villas Gym. I keep going the same ways in pitch black darkness, and try every possible pathway, and can't find an opening. Not only is it annoying, but gives me a headache. Anyone know what I gotta do?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks for taking it under consideration, because from the beginning of the game I had wanted a Butterfree on my team, and wanted to teach it fly. Where you planning on just waiting until V3 to add them in, or is that literally going to be your next small update? Also, where could I catch a Spearow, since I have no map I don't really remember.

EDIT: So I got the HM, but it seems Butterfree can't learn it at all. Oh well. But what I am more concerned about is how to pass the Verlum Villas Gym. I keep going the same ways in pitch black darkness, and try every possible pathway, and can't find an opening. Not only is it annoying, but gives me a headache. Anyone know what I gotta do?

take the top exit in the third city, in the left grass alongside miltank breeder

Well according to the official list of Pokémon that can learn fly, Butterfree and the other bugs aren't meant to learn it after all, so I might not put it in actually. I've included all the Pokémon that are obtainable in the game at this point that can learn fly, omitting some of the less common ones that people won't have until much later and first-stage evolutions. Some of the Pokémon to get the Fly License are subject to Career as well, for example only Criminals can get a Xatu, so only Criminals will be able to apply with a Xatu*. Same for Researchers with Swellow* since Taillow is only found in New Bora, a Researcher-exclusive area. So far, I've got:

Fearow, Unfezant, Skarmory, Golbat, Crobat, Xatu*, Swellow* and Honchkrow.

And, for CUT (I intended there to be not as many to make it a bit trickier);

Absol, Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, Gligar, Sandslash, Raticate, Parasect, Weepinbell, Venusaur, Scyther.

I did think about maybe releasing a Version 2.5, with just the graphical update and not much new actual playing content, but I thought it might be a bit pointless since there's not much more to do lol.

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • Well according to the official list of Pokémon that can learn fly, Butterfree and the other bugs aren't meant to learn it after all, so I might not put it in actually. I've included all the Pokémon that are obtainable in the game at this point that can learn fly, omitting some of the less common ones that people won't have until much later and first-stage evolutions. Some of the Pokémon to get the Fly License are subject to Career as well, for example only Criminals can get a Xatu, so only Criminals will be able to apply with a Xatu*. Same for Researchers with Swellow* since Taillow is only found in New Bora, a Researcher-exclusive area. So far, I've got:

Fearow, Unfezant, Skarmory, Golbat, Crobat, Xatu*, Swellow* and Honchkrow.

And, for CUT (I intended there to be not as many to make it a bit trickier);

Absol, Nidorina, Nidorino, Nidoking, Gligar, Sandslash, Raticate, Parasect, Weepinbell, Venusaur, Scyther.

I did think about maybe releasing a Version 2.5, with just the graphical update and not much new actual playing content, but I thought it might be a bit pointless since there's not much more to do lol.

Now that I think of it, it really sucks that the evolved form of Scyther can't learn fly, even though it has those good-sized wings. Also if there isn't much more to do, might as well not add it, and get your beta testers to simply test it (if you haven't already), then release it. Plus, don't spoil the surprise!

I was wondering if it would be able to obtain Pokemon that only evolve through trade, for example I have a level 40 Haunter and a level 40 Graveler that can only be evolved through trade.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Now that I think of it, it really sucks that the evolved form of Scyther can't learn fly, even though it has those good-sized wings. Also if there isn't much more to do, might as well not add it, and get your beta testers to simply test it (if you haven't already), then release it. Plus, don't spoil the surprise!

I was wondering if it would be able to obtain Pokemon that only evolve through trade, for example I have a level 40 Haunter and a level 40 Graveler that can only be evolved through trade.

Yeah for the new version I'm going to make the majority of trade-evolving Pokémon evolve at level 50, and I'm going to let baby Pokémon evolve into their secondary forms at either level 15 or 25, because I felt waiting for happiness takes too long! Keeping the happiness evolution for Togetic, but kinds like Crobat I'll think of a different level too.

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • Yeah for the new version I'm going to make the majority of trade-evolving Pokémon evolve at level 50, and I'm going to let baby Pokémon evolve into their secondary forms at either level 15 or 25, because I felt waiting for happiness takes too long! Keeping the happiness evolution for Togetic, but kinds like Crobat I'll think of a different level too.

Thank you, because I really have the urge to kick some major butt with Gengar. Also, mind help directing me through the Verlume Villas Gym. I have been trying for the past two hours, and my brain is basically going to explode.

Link to image.

Thanks.

Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thank you, because I really have the urge to kick some major butt with Gengar. Also, mind help directing me through the Verlume Villas Gym. I have been trying for the past two hours, and my brain is basically going to explode.

Link to image.

Thanks.

It's a bit hard to describe, so here's the movement permissions instead.

63w011.png

The C represents a tile you can walk on.

Hopefully I can think of other kinds of puzzles for the other gyms since this is the most inventive gym in the game haha, my gym designs are really boring. I'm also terrible at making mazes, which is really holding me back from scripting the Tournament... I'll have to settle for a simple maze =P

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • It's a bit hard to describe, so here's the movement permissions instead.

63w011.png

The C represents a tile you can walk on.

Hopefully I can think of other kinds of puzzles for the other gyms since this is the most inventive gym in the game haha, my gym designs are really boring. I'm also terrible at making mazes, which is really holding me back from scripting the Tournament... I'll have to settle for a simple maze =P

I wouldn't say you are terrible, because it took me forever to find my way around the gym. The bad part is that I need a reference from one of the gyms at Sola Copa, and for the grass type gym leader, I need a reference from Rueben. And I have no idea who that is, so I guess I am going on an adventure.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    First of all i would like to say thank you for releasing this awsome hack.This is the 1st pokemon game my partner has ever played and thus so far has really really really enjoyed and she goes on at me to keep checking for new updates.She has taken the Researchers / Seekers path and till new updates are out i get the laptop back to play my story eheheh but yeah thank you so much.

Further more it would be nice if others on here could help you with ideas or images of what future things can be of any use to you in game wise.For example pics of mazes that others would be nice ^_^ Help from the community ^_^

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    Would be cool if there was a portal at the top of the waterfull in the cave that opens by the orb that leads to a place called Mirage Isle/s that has same and few new pokemon but with the difference of them being Shiny ^_^ or even as part of a mission.I have many ideas but never really felt i could be much help xD

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 13, 2019
    Which Pokemon are eligible for the surf license? I sure hope Garados is one of them.

In the 1st post it says everyhing about the 3 licenses, here you have the surf one. If you have any of these pokemon you get the HM. Then you can teach it to the ones you can teach in normal pokemon.
    For Surf; Gyarados, Whiscash, Quagsire or Feraligatr

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
    Years
  • In the 1st post it says everyhing about the 3 licenses, here you have the surf one. If you have any of these pokemon you get the HM. Then you can teach it to the ones you can teach in normal pokemon.
    For Surf; Gyarados, Whiscash, Quagsire or Feraligatr

Thank you man, I taught my level 50 Gyarados Surf!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 13, 2015
    I just started playing this hack today, and it is absolutely amazing! You have done an excellent job and I have no complaints here! Keep up the great work!

Back