• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
Years
You already can in Version 2 if you go to Iron Hollow =)

Yeah but I missed it cause the cop thought I wasn't strong enough. I didn't check back later in the game so I finished without it.
When I played Seeker, then I came with Tristan in the cave so I thought it was exclusive to the seeker career.

But good cause it's mean I can get back the reference and the steelix without being a seeker. thanks you Avara =)

...yes, I'm a big fan of this hack, always loved different classes in RPG...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yeah but I missed it cause the cop thought I wasn't strong enough. I didn't check back later in the game so I finished without it.
When I played Seeker, then I came with Tristan in the cave so I thought it was exclusive to the seeker career.

But good cause it's mean I can get back the reference and the steelix without being a seeker. thanks you Avara =)

...yes, I'm a big fan of this hack, always loved different classes in RPG...

Yeah, a lot of people seemed to miss Iron Hollow, so I decided to change a few things around. For V3 I've made it so that your rival won't move from the Surf License building until you've beaten Tristan there!

Me too, classes were my favourite thing about RPGs. Since this is my first hack there are a few things that aren't quite perfect with the way I did it, but I'm trying my best =P

Xanathos

Years
Yeah, a lot of people seemed to miss Iron Hollow, so I decided to change a few things around. For V3 I've made it so that your rival won't move from the Surf License building until you've beaten Tristan there!
Me too, classes were my favourite thing about RPGs. Since this is my first hack there are a few things that aren't quite perfect with the way I did it, but I'm trying my best =P

Yeah I didn't play version 1 but I can tell that you did a great work. Sincerely the only matches for this hack are Pokemon Glazed and the Chritsmas Hack by Mateo. Keep up the good work!

mmhh, If you force us to fight Tristan, I assume you changed the masterball event? =)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yeah I didn't play version 1 but I can tell that you did a great work. Sincerely the only matches for this hack are Pokemon Glazed and the Chritsmas Hack by Mateo. Keep up the good work!

mmhh, If you force us to fight Tristan, I assume you changed the masterball event? =)

Yeah! You can either go to Iron Hollow first and catch Steelix, or go to the Lethean City Hotel first and get a master ball. =)

Years
I personally feel like the master ball is the better deal, but if you like steelix good for you, i just have a golem so it was useless to me. FYI Avara I got my baby brother hooked on the game. he can't stop playing it so kudos to you. I have to thank you for not having pidgy be the first flying type because that damb bird ruined my life (pidgiot is fine i just hate pidgy). I can't wait to see what the new region has in store.

Love ya Avara and everything you do

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
Hey I was thinking of LPing this game on my channel, do you think you have enough content in the game so far to where It would be LPable or should I wait for a possible version 3?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2014
depends on how long an episode you do sceptile ive been playing it for going on 9 hours and ive only done the main storyline and a couple of Gang missions am up too what i gather too be just a bit before the Hack ends

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2014
also how do i go up Waterfalls or isn't that in the hack yet im in the cretaceous cave and have found the Waterfalls was just wondering what was at the top of them

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I personally feel like the master ball is the better deal, but if you like steelix good for you, i just have a golem so it was useless to me. FYI Avara I got my baby brother hooked on the game. he can't stop playing it so kudos to you. I have to thank you for not having pidgy be the first flying type because that damb bird ruined my life (pidgiot is fine i just hate pidgy). I can't wait to see what the new region has in store.

Love ya Avara and everything you do

Awesome, thanks for introducing your brother to it! Yeah I'm still kind of toying with a few different stories for the new region, since I want each career to have to go there for a different reason rather than just 'here's a boat ticket off you go', but I'll think of something =P

Hey I was thinking of LPing this game on my channel, do you think you have enough content in the game so far to where It would be LPable or should I wait for a possible version 3?

Lots of the content is V2 is quite buggy so personally I'd wait for V3, but it's totally up to you! If you don't mind bugs, you might still have fun with V2, but the Seeker career seems to be the least glitchy so far. *favouritism* =P

depends on how long an episode you do sceptile ive been playing it for going on 9 hours and ive only done the main storyline and a couple of Gang missions am up too what i gather too be just a bit before the Hack ends
also how do i go up Waterfalls or isn't that in the hack yet im in the cretaceous cave and have found the Waterfalls was just wondering what was at the top of them

Awwh, kinda sad to hear it only took you 9 hours, doesn't seem like long! And yeah Waterfall won't be making an appearance until much, much later is all I can really say for now =P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You will find Lapras up there.

Yep! Waterfall will be one of the new Licenses you can apply for in the second region. Rock Smash will be another, and I can't decide if I want Strength or Flash to be the third Registry Office in the new region. I would love to use Dive, but since I'm not 100% sure how to get it working it might just have to be one of those two lol

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Hi!! First of all I want to congratulate you for this hack, it's really great!!!
I found a bug in Anja´s gym: after I beat her and get the reference T try to leave the platform on which we fight but just take a step event becomes active and forces me to fight it again ~_~

Ps: the crime career is amazing!!

Years
Hello there!
I discovered this glorious hack 2 months ago and played it, still in beta 1. Today I finished beta 2 I believe ( I finished the Grey Mansion Event ) and I see that you are really into this hack and want to make it better. I want to help. I believe gameplay is the best way to show bugs errors and also with some commentary or annotations I would be able to express my opinion about level curve, characters, the way hack feels overall from my perspective. I just want to help =]

EDIT: Yeah, I found out that there is more stuff to do after Grey's Villa. I went to New Bora Island ( which was accessible earlier actually and it was empty except of researchers) and after defeating Scythers I went back to research house. I talked to all of them but nothing like " THANK YOU KINDLY FOR DEFEATING THOSE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS " came up. Then I walked next to the guy and he started talking =] Once the talk ended my character froze =\ I played it on phone, I checked if it wasn't emulator, the music was still playing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2014
dont worry avara im a SpeedRunner so even if im playing a game casually i generally do it quite quickly im up too Troys Reserve but im sort of stuck on what i have too do

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hi!! First of all I want to congratulate you for this hack, it's really great!!!
I found a bug in Anja´s gym: after I beat her and get the reference T try to leave the platform on which we fight but just take a step event becomes active and forces me to fight it again ~_~

Ps: the crime career is amazing!!

Glad you're enjoying it! The Anja's Gym glitch has been reported, although I'm not sure what's causing it yet. Thanks anyway though, and feel free to come back if you need any help or anything! =)

Hello there!
I discovered this glorious hack 2 months ago and played it, still in beta 1. Today I finished beta 2 I believe ( I finished the Grey Mansion Event ) and I see that you are really into this hack and want to make it better. I want to help. I believe gameplay is the best way to show bugs errors and also with some commentary or annotations I would be able to express my opinion about level curve, characters, the way hack feels overall from my perspective. I just want to help =]

EDIT: Yeah, I found out that there is more stuff to do after Grey's Villa. I went to New Bora Island ( which was accessible earlier actually and it was empty except of researchers) and after defeating Scythers I went back to research house. I talked to all of them but nothing like " THANK YOU KINDLY FOR DEFEATING THOSE INGLORIOUS BASTARDS " came up. Then I walked next to the guy and he started talking =] Once the talk ended my character froze =\ I played it on phone, I checked if it wasn't emulator, the music was still playing.

The New Bora glitch has been reported and is fixed for Version 3, turns out it was a really simple movement scripting error I made haha. All feedback is welcome! But yeah avoid the New Bora event and just continue playing, there's much more to do after the Villas.

dont worry avara im a SpeedRunner so even if im playing a game casually i generally do it quite quickly im up too Troys Reserve but im sort of stuck on what i have too do

Oh right lol, good to know! You don't have to do anything in the reserve really, it's just a place to capture fossil Pokémon. I might do something with it later... idk yet. =P

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2014
Hey after doing the Ruins where do i go im somewhat stuck i cant go too the capital i always get stopped

Xanathos

Years
Hey after doing the Ruins where do i go im somewhat stuck i cant go too the capital i always get stopped

what career did you take, If you're playing simple without joining any side, it ends after the event in the ruin. You capture the legendary dog you get out, Troy gives you the orb and the orb allows you to get to a special cave.
Then it's the end.

No interest to get to the cave you will have just more pokemons no event. And now you will have a dating with Version 3 in a couple of weeks.
You can start over the game with a different career too

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Like Xanathos said it depends on your career! As a general rule you should go back to your career's HQ, unless you're a Trainer, which I'll get to in a sec...

what career did you take, If you're playing simple without joining any side, it ends after the event in the ruin. You capture the legendary dog you get out, Troy gives you the orb and the orb allows you to get to a special cave.
Then it's the end.

No interest to get to the cave you will have just more pokemons no event. And now you will have a dating with Version 3 in a couple of weeks.
You can start over the game with a different career too

If you're doing the Trainer career you can actually pick up the Abyssol event from a TV Reporter in the Ekaruba Island community centre =)

Zapdos86

BURD! BURD! BURD!
Years
I am kind of sad now, because it seems that Butterfree isn't eligible to learn fly? Maybe add that into V3 please? Because I miss my flying buddy. :(

Back