• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    So... I am doing the Crime Career, I complete almost all the gyms got one more which is in Ekaruba Island, Lost the Ancient Orb in the Cave that didn't do anything... and beaten Aries and Absol escaped but can't find it.... am now just going around don't know what I can do... so is that all the progress so far or am I just stuck? :D

Best hack so far though :)

Bulbadon

Might or might not come back
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    So... I am doing the Crime Career, I complete almost all the gyms got one more which is in Ekaruba Island, Lost the Ancient Orb in the Cave that didn't do anything... and beaten Aries and Absol escaped but can't find it.... am now just going around don't know what I can do... so is that all the progress so far or am I just stuck? :D

Best hack so far though :)

The gym in Ekaruba Island isn't unlocked in this version. And if you put the Ancient Orb into the thing it will unlock a big area to the right, where you can surf through and find a cave called the Cretaceous Cave where you will find rare Pokemon and the Absol is to the north of Verlume Villas near the grass.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    The gym in Ekaruba Island isn't unlocked in this version. And if you put the Ancient Orb into the thing it will unlock a big area to the right, where you can surf through and find a cave called the Cretaceous Cave where you will find rare Pokemon and the Absol is to the north of Verlume Villas near the grass.

Oh thank you! :D I will check it out, which rare pokemon? I caught like all available Pokemon's in there :L

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    So far it's a pretty cool game. It's just the level jumps are insane when you go to the Verlume Villa place. I'm at level 20, and the level are at like 30. I really don't feel like grinding when I'm doing a regular play through. Plus, I can't find really a good place to grind with levels higher than 14. Also, pokemon variety isn't really that great. The only water pokemon that I've seen to catch are magikarp, barboach, and wooper. The starter pokemon is decent, but i really wish it got an evolution earlier. It has great coverage, but i don't know if it has stab or not. Other than that, the game runs very smoothly and the areas have pretty good designs. I also really like the concept of having actual jobs, thats really cool.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    First off might i say great game so far. Just beat the water gym, which glitched afterwards dont know if its been shared, and so far loving this hack. One of the best I have played. On that note I will be looking forward to more updates. Have found a bunch of wall/flooring glitches and i believe there is also an instance when i stepped ontop of a pc....love the job system and look forward to replaying trying multiple options. Always wanted to be a baddie. Was also wondering if there was a reason the master ball was given so early even though Avara says that they will be in shops? Im guessing that after beating the champion the pokeball shop may sell them in a later update? But anyways one last thing, and i dont know if this has been mentioned but i believe it would be nice to have a way to see who your references are would be helpful to know how many i had but that may be personal opinion. But anyways keep up the great work.

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2019
    The starter pokemon is decent, but i really wish it got an evolution earlier. It has great coverage, but i don't know if it has stab or not.
    As stated earlier in the thread, Azradon is ???-type and intentionally does not get STAB. Its base stats are apparently quite high in order to compensate for that.

@avaramoon: That should probably be put in the FAQ, given how many times it's been asked :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm having a problem with the Lord Grey's Manor. Instead of the reddish look that my friend has (he's a Seeker) I'm only seeing mist. I can't see anything at all but the mist, and I am a Criminal if that matters at all. Any help would be great.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    I'm having a problem with the Lord Grey's Manor. Instead of the reddish look that my friend has (he's a Seeker) I'm only seeing mist. I can't see anything at all but the mist, and I am a Criminal if that matters at all. Any help would be great.
    Maybe its career specific? Mine was also mist as I'm a criminal as well.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    As stated earlier in the thread, Azradon is ???-type and intentionally does not get STAB. Its base stats are apparently quite high in order to compensate for that.

@avaramoon: That should probably be put in the FAQ, given how many times it's been asked :/

Yeah, I know that. I just wish it did >_< I guess it's just mine is an impish nature (+defense, -special attack) so my embers and stuff are doing less than usual :/

The tripoke challenge is really handy for grinding. ^o^ The +5 rare candies is a really great idea, especially with the level jumps. Also, the evolution idea for azoradon is really neat, as well, although it's a little late in he game :) Btw, is aerodactyl in the game? I tried looking in that fossil cave by cyan sea for about 30 minutes, and couldn't find one. Aries mentioned an amber to solomon? Sorry if this is a retarded question..xD

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    The tripoke challenge is really handy for grinding. ^o^ The +5 rare candies is a really great idea, especially with the level jumps. Also, the evolution idea for azoradon is really neat, as well, although it's a little late in he game :) Btw, is aerodactyl in the game? I tried looking in that fossil cave by cyan sea for about 30 minutes, and couldn't find one. Aries mentioned an amber to solomon? Sorry if this is a retarded question..xD

Yes Aerodactyl is in the game. I managed to catch him at first time at cave level 35 so keep trying :)

Years
  • i downloaded this rom a few days ago and all i have to say is "WOW!"

i have played so much of it and i hope the next version brings out so much more.

i look forward to trying all the paths that are available right now

cant wait for the next version!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Were the shiny encounter rates tweaked in this game? Just caught a shiny oddish and bellsprout in the span of 10 minutes!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    (Grinding Problems)

You could just use the vs seeker, you can keep battling the trainers on routes for ever since there is no wait time for a trainer to be available again to battle you.

with this i level'd up my team from the 20's to the 30's really quick.

Years
  • I just got to the Clearwater pond event, and wow, I have to say I'm impressed!

I want to say a few things bellow, like bugs, ideas, things i really like about the game etc

WARNING DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILERS TAB IF YOU HAVEN'T REACHED THE CLEARWATER POND EVENT YET IT MAY CONTAIN PLOT INFO

Spoiler:

Overall i give the game a current 8/10! (due to in-completion) but when its finished it will definitely be a 10/10! This is by far the most original, creative and innovative Pokemon hack i have seen, i recommend this to anyone, and when its finished it will definitely become better than well known Pokemon hacks like light platinum, liquid crystal and flora sky. i wish you good luck @avaramoon and i will be checking for updates very often!

Current Pokemon team on this game:

AZRADON Lv39
    ZWEILOUS Lv43
    SWELLOW Lv41
    HOUNDOOM Lv36
    SCYTHER Lv23
    PORYGON Lv19

I'm a fellow seeker and researcher!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    You could just use the vs seeker, you can keep battling the trainers on routes for ever since there is no wait time for a trainer to be available again to battle you.

with this i level'd up my team from the 20's to the 30's really quick.
    Yes, I did that eventually. :) In the clearwater pond, at that point in the game. I'm always under leveled in any hack or main series game, because I have a habit of having a complete team before the third/fourth badge (I love all sorts of pokemon ^o^) As a seeker, I took down the boss of the evil team, who had lvl 47-9 pokes, with my own lvl 35 pokes ;_; Directly after that battle, I grinded at the tripoke challenge for about 20-30 minutes and brought my whole team up to 45.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 22, 2022
    I am currently stuck, I am at the part where i need to catch kingdra but i do not have surf and when i go to the building that has it my rival is standing in the way tellin me to get lost loser. What am i missing?

Back