• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Zerolight2071

ZeroLight2071
Years
  • I am currently stuck, I am at the part where i need to catch kingdra but i do not have surf and when i go to the building that has it my rival is standing in the way tellin me to get lost loser. What am i missing?

Go to lethean city hotel so your rival will go away
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2017
    after i did the scyther quest the game froze after speaking with the aide... i havnt saved n a long time im really bummed out about it

after u completed the mansion the mist will dissapear

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    So I'm currently scripting the Avlar Tournament (or Pokémon League) which is very fun! Instead of the Elite 4 you'll face eight trainers in a row, so start stocking up on Full Restores =P

I am having a bit of a struggle deciding on the build-up events leading to it, so thought I'd see what you guys think should happen!

Without spoiling too much, here was my basic idea. There are three places you will be allowed to access when you become a Master Trainer. One of these places is extremely important to the storyline.

I don't know whether to have the player complete the events in the area of importance before the Tournament or after. Or, maybe I should put the areas of lesser importance before the Tournament and save the important place for after?

Let me know what you all think would be the best thing to do =)

I was looking at old posts and was thinking that instead of 8 straight matches let us heal in between. I think it would
    d be more real. I think it would be more interesting if the opponets had different types of pokemon rather than 1 strong type. To make up for healing maybe make the battles tougher?

U dont have to do any of this I was just coming up with ideas for u. I really like the game and I hope u finish it soon

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    This might sound really silly, but in Tain's Gym, the shadow one, how on earth do I get through it? I've been stuck there for two hours!

Loving the hack!

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    This might sound really silly, but in Tain's Gym, the shadow one, how on earth do I get through it? I've been stuck there for two hours!

Loving the hack!

It will take some searching but I do remember seeing a map of the gym to get through. I just dont know what page.
    Hope this helps!

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017

Loving the hack!

Shortest way possible: Walk into the gym, go directly left. Follow that path to the next platform. Go to the top right corner of that platform, there's an exit. On the next platform (it has a trainer), battle him. Go to the top left corner, go to the platform on the left. Top right corner, the path that leads to gym leader. Hope that helped! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2017
    alright well i cant find any more golden bones and it wont let me leave the goldrush cave does anyone have any knowledge of this i need help asap please

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2017
    yea i figured it out but i did find a bug when i went into the the big room i didnt hit the switch and went straight to tristen and after i tlked to him it gave me 5 bones and i only had 2

and on another note i had no problems with the eevee event i already had the thunderstone handy

Last edited by a moderator:

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Oh my god! :OOOO This sounds awesome! Four different paths, four different points of view...
    BEST
    HACK
    EVERRR~~

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    I'm stuck again:( if anyone took the crime career path, I can't find the seekers base... Anyone know?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Really good hack, played through it. I want to say the nonexistence of a world map isn't really game breaking at all, kind of makes it more interesting when I have no idea where I'm going. But does get kinda annoying when you try to fly to a city and you have to go through every city to find it. Just a sketch of a world map would be fine for the moment though.

I really like the game but it just seems like the level jump when you hit the shadow gym is too high. It's perfectly fine apart from that, the pokemon just seemed to go from level ~35 to ~45 right there and really makes it hard. The poke contest thing helped with that anyway, (didn't abuse it, just used it to evolve my Wooper + Spearow for licenses and get my best 3 pokemon to lvl 40 or so and from then on, while I was playing underleveled, the difficulty was still good. Currently my team is: (at the end of the beta)

Azramadon - lvl 44
    Houndoom - lvl 44
    Luxray - lvl 44
    Feraligatr - lvl 40
    Zweilous - lvl 43
    Fearow - lvl 20 (for fly) otherwise I will probably use Abyssol. Was using Haunter before that.

Suggestions. Access to a few more water pokemon early on would be nice. As someone mentioned, I think the starter should evolve a little earlier because it feels really weak, and despite the nice coverage, the moves aren't exactly really strong.

Also yeah, being able to keep track of current tasks would be a nice addition.

And I like the non-linearity once you get to the middle part of the game, that you seem to go back and forth and return to cities you've already been to (or maybe the absence of a map makes it seem like that) although I like the twist that the 4th gym leader steps in as the 3rd one, so you play her instead but have to go back and play the 3rd one before the 5th.

Either way, think I had a couple of things I wanted to say but I forgot what they were, but overall, good job with the hack and will look forward to a complete game and seeing what ideas you have for post-game and how the actual championship turns out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been really sick for a few days and just didn't feel like doing anything lol. Thanks for all your comments/suggestions!
    One of the things I wanted to say was that the Gym Leaders aren't exactly like even levels with the city you're in, so they'll always be a bit stronger, since I try to make it at the start so you don't have to defeat the first Leader to progress to the second town etc, so backtracking was in mind with the Gym Leader levels =)

Aaanyway, I've done some mass editing of the level curve in the game and testing everything myself takes forever, so if anyone is out there who wouldn't mind beta testing/starting a new game and giving some feedback on the updates that would be awesome! =) There isn't much new content to be tested, but I've been working more on improving what was already there first. If anyone's interested or has the time just leave a comment =)

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2021
    is there something i can do in tanzanite tunnel after beating this guy with shiny pokemons? there is an arrow on the wall

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2017
    Hi guys! Sorry for the lack of activity, I've been really sick for a few days and just didn't feel like doing anything lol. Thanks for all your comments/suggestions!
    One of the things I wanted to say was that the Gym Leaders aren't exactly like even levels with the city you're in, so they'll always be a bit stronger, since I try to make it at the start so you don't have to defeat the first Leader to progress to the second town etc, so backtracking was in mind with the Gym Leader levels =)

Aaanyway, I've done some mass editing of the level curve in the game and testing everything myself takes forever, so if anyone is out there who wouldn't mind beta testing/starting a new game and giving some feedback on the updates that would be awesome! =) There isn't much new content to be tested, but I've been working more on improving what was already there first. If anyone's interested or has the time just leave a comment =)
    YESSSSS i would be honored to beta test

Back