• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years
  • Upon entering Finagold Terrace Shadrach should come and tell you the second floor is finished, and then it becomes accessible.
    That's Strange, I have all 3 legendady dogs in my Party .& Shadrach did't Show up when i Went entered Finagold Terrace~_~ [i'm using v3.1 (Nex edit) ]

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That's Strange, I have all 3 legendady dogs in my Party .& Shadrach did't Show up when i Went entered Finagold Terrace~_~ [i'm using v3.1 (Nex edit) ]

And did you start a new game? I just tested this and it does work. I'll even post this for anyon who doesn't believe me lol.

Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2017
    is it possible to get the v3? i know ppl have complained about bugs and such but i had been looking forward to if for months so would still like to play it :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    is there anything i need to do after seeing the suicune and raikou events before i can find them and capture them (obviously i have entei from kala ruins).

Edit: obvious solution was too obvious for me to think of, found them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I dont the the Physical/Special split is working properly.
    I used crunch with my Zweilous on a guagsire and did half his HP damage, the quaqsire use Amnesia which raises Special-Defense, and the next turn I used the same move again and only did around 25% damage.
    I'm pretty sure Crunch is a physical move and also crunch lowers Sp. Def instead of Def.

Also, does anyone know any good training spots, my team is like level 43 average and I'm not going to train on lvl 13 wild pokes..
    I used to just do the Tri-Poke challenge for like half an hour whilest speeding up and sold the rare candy's for tha moneys.
    (It was pretty fun getting 'legit' 999999 poke dollars) :P
    Sad is was nerfed this badly though, might been better if you just gave the Stone if you beat it the first time and maybe like a nugger or 1/2 rare candy's if you beat it afterwards.

And this is a question that has botherd me for a long time: I just caught Entei again and I was wondering, if I lose a battle whilest having Entei on my team, would that result in me losing Entei?
    I highlt doubt it since that would be hard to code in but I was really wondering since everybody NPC with a legendary store there pokemon before battles because they're afraid to lose it. :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    the events outside finagold hall are bugged after the event the screen fades to black and won't return untill i move around some and then i spawn on the wrong side of the cops, used walk through walls to try to bypass the issue enter the hall and the screen blacks out with lightning effects. Using 3.1 not 3.0 so this may have come from the bug fixes or something.

Edit: tried repatching the rom no effect.

Edit2: tried replaying the event without fast forwarding same result, and let it sit on the innitial black screen for a couple minutes to see if maybe moving screwed up a warp it did not do anything until i started moving around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    i kinda forgot what event are happen after lord gray manor
    causei cant pass the tanzite tunel cause i need research something
    anyone know ?
    pls help i kinda stuck
    and are new bora island event change place cause i didn't encounter it when i gonna enter tanzite tunnel

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2016
    And did you start a new game? I just tested this and it does work. I'll even post this for anyon who doesn't believe me lol.

I've also encountered the same problem, and im not sure what the cause is, but when i reached finagold i was treated as a criminal, for e.g. there was a lady with her xatu at finagold that offered to teleport me to the criminal base, and i was also "banned" from the verlume villas pokemon center as they said i was a criminal. That may be the reason why i also did not get notified by shadrach.

MrXanoq

The lazy
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    Its been a while since ive played V2 now i wanted a difrent path to play in V3 so i took the crime path but now my question is how do i get to erakuba island?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    So guys i have a problem i patched the file successfully but cant get it unzipped as it says their is no content even tho it has 15 mb of data and i cant open it in my emulator it just opens vanilla firered can anyone help me or PM me a link to a pre patched version, just patch it and upload it somewhere thx a bunch

Years
  • I've also encountered the same problem, and im not sure what the cause is, but when i reached finagold i was treated as a criminal, for e.g. there was a lady with her xatu at finagold that offered to teleport me to the criminal base, and i was also "banned" from the verlume villas pokemon center as they said i was a criminal. That may be the reason why i also did not get notified by shadrach.

I noticed the same problems but I did get the notified by Shadrach though.

Also this has nothing to do with the quote, has anybody else noticed that the P/S split isn't working?
    I wasnt sure the first time but after a little bit of testing I'm pretty sure it isn't working, Bite/crunch does Special damage and also decreases the oponnest Sp. Def from time to time instead of it's defense.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I noticed the same problems but I did get the notified by Shadrach though.

Also this has nothing to do with the quote, has anybody else noticed that the P/S split isn't working?
    I wasnt sure the first time but after a little bit of testing I'm pretty sure it isn't working, Bite/crunch does Special damage and also decreases the oponnest Sp. Def from time to time instead of it's defense.

Ya PSS isn't working for me either. I have dragon claw and whenever an opponent uses amnesia which raises special defense it decreases dragon claw's damage. I'm pretty sure dragon claw is physical.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    Also I am a longtime supporter of this hack but I cant play v3 because my patched zip file wont let me extract the file i need to play, can someone upload a patched version on google drive or something plz

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Also I am a longtime supporter of this hack but I cant play v3 because my patched zip file wont let me extract the file i need to play, can someone upload a patched version on google drive or something plz
    Did you actually start a new game? Mirage of Tales doesn't have a custom title screen yet, still the old vanilla Fire Red title screen in V3. Once you get in game you'll know if it's really vanilla or not.

Also, try to avoid double posting in the future. There is an edit button for things like this. :)

Years
  • How do i get to fingold anybody knows and were is the Absol. One more thing I have all the gym references and i did all the quest to battle the 8 leader but I cant battle him was i supose to keep Eli ring because I gave it to him after I found it. Never mind on the gym part I had to battle the posion gym again i finally got to battle the 8th leader. I still need to know were fingold and the Absol is though.

Last edited:

ButteryButters

Poketuber
    Years
  • How do i get to fingold anybody knows and were is the Absol. One more thing I have all the gym references and i did all the quest to battle the 8 leader but I cant battle him was i supose to keep Eli ring because I gave it to him after I found it. Never mind on the gym part I had to battle the posion gym again i finally got to battle the 8th leader. I still need to know were fingold and the Absol is though.

If your talking about the genetically modified Absol he is just south of Jita Village in the grass unless that was changed in V3

For Finagold Terrace go west of Lethern (spelling?) and surf south, cut down the tress blocking you and if you have the Canal Ticket then the guard will let you pass

Back