• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Ya PSS isn't working for me either. I have dragon claw and whenever an opponent uses amnesia which raises special defense it decreases dragon claw's damage. I'm pretty sure dragon claw is physical.

Aren't all dragon attacks physical b4 4rd gen? if not my bad but I hade the same problem with bite and crunch, they reduce Sp. Def and when Quaqsire used amnesia it did 25% damage instead of 50%

Edit: I just looked it up and all dragon types are indeed special! (My bad :x)
    Pretty good to know since Hydreigon is going to be a pretty strong poke in my team since it's a modest special attacker with 2 special stab's. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    Hey guys, so this is kinda a disclaimer of sorts? To clear some stuff up =P

Im brand new to the 'hacking scene', this was my first hack ever and I thought I was doing okay with it but I've clearly bitten off more than I can chew.
    I guess being new is my only excuse for the game being the mess that it is, lol.

I've had several PMs/Comments about the lack of PSS/new types/new music/new moves/fairy type/titlescreen/worldmap since MoT started.
    It's as simple as; I dont know how to do all that stuff. Yes, I know MrDollSteak's patch exists, but when that came out the hack was already started and well underway and I didn't want to start all over.
    I installed Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's PSS patch (even though I never played Gen4 and didn't really know what it was, just tried it because it was so highly requested) and manually went through every move in the game in PGE changing them to Physical/Special/Status, but apparently still nothing.
    Also it's pretty frustrating to see that bugs I KNOW I've fixed still seem to be appearing, a bug in my Lunar IPS? Me trying to fix stuff and unknowingly making it worse? Idk. Again, I don't always know what I'm doing.
    And obviously there's the unfixable stuff that still arises, like the running shoes etc that I don't have a clue about.
    The fact that there are four different storylines also means it was like making four different hacks at some points and was getting quite complex.
    Just so people know I wasn't being 'lazy' or whatever and that i really tried my best.
    I had lots of fun working on this hack and was really determined to finish it, but seeing as there's too many bugs and "glitched" things I truly don't know how to fix, and things I don't have the knowledge to implement that people can't go without there's really no point. Like, why continue with progression when I can't even fix what's already there, right?

But yeah, so this is it. I've given up - MoT is dead.

Thank you so much to everyone who's commented, I never even thought anyone would play this so the support for my little story was amazing (since thats why I wanted to make MoT in the first place) and i totally appreciate it, I've even made friends with some of you, so it's not all bad, huh? =) I hope to keep in touch with all of you! <3

I'm out! See ya.

~AvaraMoon

:( i wanna cry
    but its understandable if there few bug is unfixable
    i mean you make hack that not linear
    hope you didn't quit hacking
    you best hacker and MOT is best game imo
    kinda hope you didn't quit or give up this project and hope you regain your fun hacking MOT
    good luck Avara :)
    thx for the adventure

Years
  • Dammit, really sad to hear you're going to quit on MoT, I hope you start another hack when you're feeling like it. :)

But I thaught the you were able to compete in the championship in V3 but I got my master license, went to Avara and denied the girl my Reference since she's a boosting lil ****. :P
    Then I went back to Finnagold hall and went to the left to the Mistic Woods which I was denied acces (which i can understand).
    Than I went to the right to Mt. Unicorn or whatever, the one that Avara tells you about and was also denied acces, the Gaurd tell's me it's closed to trainers but masters can enter, and I'd swear i got my masters license like 2 minutes before that..
    Then I went to the gaurd in the middle, tried talking to it, and the game froze.
    I repeated it 5 times to make sure it wasn't just a one time problem..
    I don't know if there is a way to fix it, but if there is, i'd be delighted to hear about it! :)

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • Hey guys, so this is kinda a disclaimer of sorts? To clear some stuff up =P
    I've had several PMs/Comments about the lack of PSS/new types/new music/new moves/fairy type/titlescreen/worldmap since MoT started.
    It's as simple as; I dont know how to do all that stuff. Yes, I know MrDollSteak's patch exists, but when that came out the hack was already started and well underway and I didn't want to start all over.
    I installed Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay's PSS patch (even though I never played Gen4 and didn't really know what it was, just tried it because it was so highly requested) and manually went through every move in the game in PGE changing them to Physical/Special/Status, but apparently still nothing.
    Also it's pretty frustrating to see that bugs I KNOW I've fixed still seem to be appearing, a bug in my Lunar IPS? Me trying to fix stuff and unknowingly making it worse? Idk. Again, I don't always know what I'm doing.
    Thank you so much to everyone who's commented, I never even thought anyone would play this so the support for my little story was amazing (since thats why I wanted to make MoT in the first place) and i totally appreciate it, I've even made friends with some of you, so it's not all bad, huh? =) I hope to keep in touch with all of you! <3
    I'm out! See ya.
    ~AvaraMoon

Hoy my friend!
    I'm disappointed . Yes really. It's the only hack which brought something really new and a new breathe instead of all the things people asked to you (like PSS...).

Your game opened a new gameplay experience never seen before. You succeeded to merge the RPG sight with the Pokemania, making possible to play a real Pokemon RPG where choices have a great impact on the storyline.

I don't know if people were rude to you in their pm.
    You're alone. You have to understand you don't have the same responsabilities than a team. Even if your game doesn't have all the new features from the next gen, it's not bad. It's even better because it brought us back to an age where the games were something.
    You had the great sortyline of your own which became the "MOT brand"
    What? people get pissed off cause they don't have their favorite special split, fairy type or whatever? We don't care.

Look Avara!!!! Your game is quite buggy but it's fixable, your patches don't work, making the features unreal and so what? Look Avara!!! Look how many people are playing the game!!!!!!

I don't have my Pidgeot, and I could not make my team the one I love even if I lost sometimes. And do you know what I've done? I PLAYED MOT 3 TIMES, knowing I COULD NOT MAKE MY FAVORITE TEAM. I came back when v3 was out. I played it right away 4 hours straight. What matters is the story and the unique possibility to become what we want.

You offered us an amazing game. You should not give up.
    I'm not saying come back
    I'm not saying don't come back
    I respect your decision and I understand your feelings. But above all I wanted you to know you have reached the next stage of rom-hacking.
    You gave birth to your imagination and inspiration as well. You brought to life something never seen in the rom-hacking.
    You can be proud of your work even if you call it buggy. I'm poud of you! And there are some supporters being here for a long time now. So I can say we are proud of you!

My Avara take care! If you're taking some vacation, it's well deserved, if you start off a new project I'm really curious about you could create.
    If one day I succeed to create my hack, I will bring back your work from the dephts.

My Avara with all my affection
    take care =)

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Dammit, really sad to hear you're going to quit on MoT, I hope you start another hack when you're feeling like it. :)

But I thaught the you were able to compete in the championship in V3 but I got my master license, went to Avara and denied the girl my Reference since she's a boosting lil ****. :P
    Then I went back to Finnagold hall and went to the left to the Mistic Woods which I was denied acces (which i can understand).
    Than I went to the right to Mt. Unicorn or whatever, the one that Avara tells you about and was also denied acces, the Gaurd tell's me it's closed to trainers but masters can enter, and I'd swear i got my masters license like 2 minutes before that..
    Then I went to the gaurd in the middle, tried talking to it, and the game froze.
    I repeated it 5 times to make sure it wasn't just a one time problem..
    I don't know if there is a way to fix it, but if there is, i'd be delighted to hear about it! :)

you have to return Eli's ring first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    really need help here i kinda forgot the event after get lord grey porygon
    i dunno why i cant pass tanzite tunnel
    i already got the porygon
    i already caught stellix and counter tristant
    but it still didnt let me pass it always said i have some research to do neet to get back lethean city could wait
    pls help me

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    Wow Xanathos I believe you just summed up 100% of how I feel about this. I have really enjoyed this hackto the extent that I have checked just this page two or three times a day and even played two or three times through . Hopefully Avara will change her mind and take a break. But I would also respect her decision if she does stop. Its all up to her and she will hopefully be supported on her decision. Even if she doesn't finish the hack it will still be hack of the year in my books.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I understand that this hack is cancelled, but would you mind putting up a download link to the last version?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2015
    thats such a shame iv been looking for a new Pokemon experiance iv been playing on and off since Red and Blue, does anyone know of any other hacks similar to this?

Years
  • you have to return Eli's ring first.

Thank you, going to try it out!

Edit: Went to his house but the gaurd is still there telling me that Eli isn't home, the last time I saw him was during the Suicune event at clearwater pond, is there any change I missed a battle with him or something which is why he isn't home??

Edit Edit: I forgot to fight him in Tanzite Tunnel, after the fight he went home and I gave him the ring.
    (I did fight him in V2 so I assumed I already faught him in V3, but I forgot apperantly. :x)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just wanted to say that this the mistake of some people talking so much about small bugs n glitches.... I want to tell them dat this is a hack not a real game made by the nintendo company so it will have small bus n glitches so just shut up n play the game u r just annoying the hacker n making feel dat he cant hack anymore.... m not telling u to stop complaining about glitches if its a big glitch n u cant play the game then complain.... n if u have so much problem with the small glitches n den stop playing the game y do u annoy the hacker.. n avara hope u can finish the hack n thank u very much for the hack its really nice

Years
  • So I encountered another problem... I made it through the Great Maze and I saw Janelle over there with her Zapdos, i tried talking to here but nothing happened..
    I went further up the stairs and saw 3 cops up there and when I talk to them they say the great maze is a crime scene, please get back to Finnagold Hall for your own safety, the problem here is, what do I do next? Did i foget to trigger an event or something..? I caught the Charizard btw don't know if it's important but still.

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Well, a lot of things are being already said, so I will make it short: this is the best hack I ever played. I would suggest you to take a break and think if this is the right decision. You might change mind.
    Best of luck for your future projects Avaramoon (if you ever decide to start new ones).

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Years
  • Just wanted to say that this the mistake of some people talking so much about small bugs n glitches.... I want to tell them dat this is a hack not a real game made by the nintendo company so it will have small bus n glitches so just shut up n play the game u r just annoying the hacker n making feel dat he cant hack anymore.... m not telling u to stop complaining about glitches if its a big glitch n u cant play the game then complain.... n if u have so much problem with the small glitches n den stop playing the game y do u annoy the hacker.. n avara hope u can finish the hack n thank u very much for the hack its really nice

Wow rude much?

I think it's in the best interest of both he hackers and the players for bugs to be found and reported; that's why beta-testing is a thing, you see. I realize that yes, the amount of bugs being mentioned might have led Avara to decide to cancel the project, but blaming beta-testers for beta-testing is entirely the wrong mindset to have. I am just as much a fan of this hack as the next guy (as my being here will prove), and am just as disappointed by its cancellation, but looking for a scapegoat to pin your anger on does not solve a single problem. So get off that high horse, bro.

That said, I really do admire your efforts, Avara. I know creating this hack--an ambitious project, especially for a first-time hacker--must've been extremely tough on you, and if you choose to back out of the project, I respect your decision. I'm thoroughly disappointed that it doesn't go all the way to the finish line, but your game, despite its flaws, have my kudos. Good luck on all your future endeavors, and thanks for a great hack!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    If you want the story spoiled feel free to PM me. Thanks so much for all the comments, I can't believe you're all still being supportive even though I've cancelled it haha, it means a lot =)

I don't want to upload the V3 link because the whole purpose of it was the Tournament, and since no one can get there there's really no point.

Also, while I totally appreciate the offers and know they're meant well, I would like to respectfully ask that nobody tries to finish this hack or re-make it/the storylines etc because it might sound corny but I wouldn't want to see someone else's end to my story haha.

I've quit hacking now and won't be on PC after this, but my Skype is the same as my username for anyone who wants to keep in touch =)

Major love,,

~AvaraMoon

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    If you want the story spoiled feel free to PM me. Thanks so much for all the comments, I can't believe you're all still being supportive even though I've cancelled it haha, it means a lot =)

I don't want to upload the V3 link because the whole purpose of it was the Tournament, and since no one can get there there's really no point.

Also, while I totally appreciate the offers and know they're meant well, I would like to respectfully ask that nobody tries to finish this hack or re-make it/the storylines etc because it might sound corny but I wouldn't want to see someone else's end to my story haha.

I've quit hacking now and won't be on PC after this, but my Skype is the same as my username for anyone who wants to keep in touch =)

Major love,,

~AvaraMoon

thx for everything it really great experience
    really and totally sad that you quit hacking hope you regain the feel of hacking in future some day

Years
  • Wow rude much?

I think it's in the best interest of both he hackers and the players for bugs to be found and reported; that's why beta-testing is a thing, you see. I realize that yes, the amount of bugs being mentioned might have led Avara to decide to cancel the project, but blaming beta-testers for beta-testing is entirely the wrong mindset to have. I am just as much a fan of this hack as the next guy (as my being here will prove), and am just as disappointed by its cancellation, but looking for a scapegoat to pin your anger on does not solve a single problem. So get off that high horse, bro.

That said, I really do admire your efforts, Avara. I know creating this hack--an ambitious project, especially for a first-time hacker--must've been extremely tough on you, and if you choose to back out of the project, I respect your decision. I'm thoroughly disappointed that it doesn't go all the way to the finish line, but your game, despite its flaws, have my kudos. Good luck on all your future endeavors, and thanks for a great hack!

Actually its not anger its dat my english not really good dats way u may find it like anger.... btw I didnt mean every person are like dat I meant there r some people sooo annoying n some r really helpful...... some complains the bug cuz they want to help with the game n some just complain for personal reason even when I see thier comment I get annoyed....... sorry about the english if it seems like anger den m really sorry but im telling wat I feel n even its just a hack it cant be perfect

Last edited:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • If you want the story spoiled feel free to PM me. Thanks so much for all the comments, I can't believe you're all still being supportive even though I've cancelled it haha, it means a lot =)

Major love,,

~AvaraMoon
    I take a break for a few days and come back to find the name of the thread containing one of my all time favorite WIPs changed to DEAD. This is a sad day for me.

Still, I can't pretend that I don't understand. Real life comes first, hobbies come second, Pokemon comes third.

Sigh~ I was really looking forward to it, but oh well, can't win 'em all!

I'll see about adding you on Skype (assuming I can find it in my computer lol) though I don't know how often I'll be online/available to chat. Life's been keeping me busy lately as well.

Good luck to you in all your future endeavors! Much love and joy to you!

~Prixy

Back