• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I really like that you're taking a different route with your hack, especially with the career paths. It's a really nice idea and if perfected is definitely something that most people could buy into and enjoy. However your mapping definitely leaves a lot of room for improvement and I'd suggest taking a look at some of the better Hacks in the Hacks Showcase for some mapping advice. I do look forward to seeing how this hack progresses and wish you the best of luck.

Thank you very much =) I had a look back at some of my older maps which were admittedly my first ever maps and I agree they need a lot of work. I'll definitely take your advice and have a look at some more of the natural mapping tutorials and such to try and improve them.

hey
    i know i've said this before but no one ever replied so here i go again
    the game freezes everytime i enter verlume villas
    i like this game a lot and i dont want something silly like this to ruin it
    please help .....

In the current version you have to make sure you get the EXP share from Tristan or this will happen, I answer this one quite a lot but in the newer version I'm going to change the scripts around to rectify this.

I want to be a beta tester.

Great! I'll add you to the list, although beta testing for Version 3 won't be for a while.

I'm going to be releasing Version 2.1 hopefully at some point tonight. Sorry for the delay, guys, my internet has been a bit funny so I've only been able to come online on my mobile the past few days.

Years
  • Thank you very much =) I had a look back at some of my older maps which were admittedly my first ever maps and I agree they need a lot of work. I'll definitely take your advice and have a look at some more of the natural mapping tutorials and such to try and improve them.

In the current version you have to make sure you get the EXP share from Tristan or this will happen, I answer this one quite a lot but in the newer version I'm going to change the scripts around to rectify this.

Great! I'll add you to the list, although beta testing for Version 3 won't be for a while.

I'm going to be releasing Version 2.1 hopefully at some point tonight. Sorry for the delay, guys, my internet has been a bit funny so I've only been able to come online on my mobile the past few days.
    Great so what will the new update contain?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Great so what will the new update contain?

Basically just the glitch fixes for Version 2 and a new Gym Leader format. I'm basically just putting it out there so you'll have something more stable to make a new save file with =P after 2.1's been released I'm going to stop making new events and focus on getting bigger problems fixed first.

King Qusai

Zettai Makerarenai
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Aug 1, 2020
    thanks avaramoon ,i'm a huge supporter, go go go, it's a great game, if the game kept going at this pace, i think it might have a shot at the HoTY 2014 ^_^

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Okay guys, here is the link to Version 2.1!

https://www.mediafire.com/?k2px26z5i62hmwr

Version 2.1

I am sorry to have to say this but it is needed for all players to start a new game when using this patch. I will update the thread with a new list of features and bugs shortly.

It basically contains all of the components that Version 2 has, but with more bug fixes. Enjoy! =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    I can't seem to get past the guy with the glasses in the beginning now. I've talked to everyone and he doesn't move so I can't continue

flavios

Lord of Fun
    Years
  • Must say from what i've seen on the first page i am greatly impressed. I've been waiting a long time for a hack just like this and im glad someone decided to give it a try. I'll be rooting for you and cant wait for this to be complete :)

Years
  • Quick question, Why does the game ask me if am 16 yrs old?

In this area the only pokemon that appears is Skitty
    Mirage Of Tales

Also Azramadon's sprite changes to mewtwo and then it comes back to its original then again to mewtwo

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Quick question, Why does the game ask me if am 16 yrs old?

In this area the only pokemon that appears is Skitty
    Mirage Of Tales

Also Azramadon's sprite changes to mewtwo and then it comes back to its original then again to mewtwo

Seems I forgot to edit the second frame of the icons, oops! It's admittedly annoying but it'll be fixed in time for Version 3. Vulpix and Pidove can be found there too =)

The game just asks if you're 16 because that's the age the protagonist character in the hack is. Nothing major =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So I'm currently scripting the Avlar Tournament (or Pokémon League) which is very fun! Instead of the Elite 4 you'll face eight trainers in a row, so start stocking up on Full Restores =P

I am having a bit of a struggle deciding on the build-up events leading to it, so thought I'd see what you guys think should happen!

Without spoiling too much, here was my basic idea. There are three places you will be allowed to access when you become a Master Trainer. One of these places is extremely important to the storyline.

I don't know whether to have the player complete the events in the area of importance before the Tournament or after. Or, maybe I should put the areas of lesser importance before the Tournament and save the important place for after?

Let me know what you all think would be the best thing to do =)

Years
  • So I'm currently scripting the Avlar Tournament (or Pokémon League) which is very fun! Instead of the Elite 4 you'll face eight trainers in a row, so start stocking up on Full Restores =P

I am having a bit of a struggle deciding on the build-up events leading to it, so thought I'd see what you guys think should happen!

Without spoiling too much, here was my basic idea. There are three places you will be allowed to access when you become a Master Trainer. One of these places is extremely important to the storyline.

I don't know whether to have the player complete the events in the area of importance before the Tournament or after. Or, maybe I should put the areas of lesser importance before the Tournament and save the important place for after?

Let me know what you all think would be the best thing to do =)

I think it should be minor events first then league then major events as the champion and if we beat someone with a legendary in the tournament will they give it to us?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I think it should be minor events first then league then major events as the champion and if we beat someone with a legendary in the tournament will they give it to us?

That does sound like the best idea, having the major event after the league adds a bit more to the post-game. I can't believe it's nearly a complete hack in terms of the storyline!

In response to your question, any trainer who owns a legendary Pokémon does give it to you when you beat them! The ONLY time where this doesn't happen is if you're on the Crime path and you have to battle Aries's Zapdos, but he doesn't give it to you because he's not such the honourable guy that people think he is.
    A little hint to Version 3's events, you actually get a chance to obtain a legendary Pokémon shortly before the league, but all I can say for now is it won't be in the way you expect ;)

Years
  • That does sound like the best idea, having the major event after the league adds a bit more to the post-game. I can't believe it's nearly a complete hack in terms of the storyline!

In response to your question, any trainer who owns a legendary Pokémon does give it to you when you beat them! The ONLY time where this doesn't happen is if you're on the Crime path and you have to battle Aries's Zapdos, but he doesn't give it to you because he's not such the honourable guy that people think he is.
    A little hint to Version 3's events, you actually get a chance to obtain a legendary Pokémon shortly before the league, but all I can say for now is it won't be in the way you expect ;)

Am guessing is the white pokemon with wings that appears sometimes randomly and am guessing he randomly appears and battles you and btw when you are going to get your first legendary in the cave avara says she gave me a master ball but she never did am guessing that's the gift from the hotel

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Compared to a official Pokemon game, how far along is this game?

Also, though I just plan to wait till the last version comes out, just to know how, how do I keep saves between versions of these hacks?

Back