• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2017
    Sorry to be that person. But I can't find the SFS base.

I'm in the criminal career and I just got promoted and my task is to infiltrate the SFS base but "its very well hidden". But that's it. I got the Fake ID. What else am I supposed to do? There is no hint or anything to help me move along.

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Im confused your the second person I've seen with the bulbasaur not evolving. My first run through I got mine up to a venasaur I believe.
    I wonder if it was a bug from an update? Mine evolved just fine as well, but that was a while ago lol.
    Sorry to be that person. But I can't find the SFS base.

I'm in the criminal career and I just got promoted and my task is to infiltrate the SFS base but "its very well hidden". But that's it. I got the Fake ID. What else am I supposed to do? There is no hint or anything to help me move along.
    I'm pretty sure this has been answered already. Please search the thread before posting. Thanks! :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2018
    Hey i'm sorry for asking this but i just went to havabora beach and got the proffesional licence and i want to go to lethean city but guards are blocking the way so i went to iron hollow to do the steelix event and finished it but i still cant get to lethean city and im a normal trainer so what am i suposed to do

Years
  • Sorry to be that person. But I can't find the SFS base.

When you cross the bridge to Havore beach (Name is probably wrong but you'll understand what city I mean.. :P) there are alot of trees to the right, you can go past some of these trees (like a little maze) as a tip: there is a small grass patch before the entrance and the entrance to the ''maze'' is only 1 block so but still should be pretty easy to find!

(If you really can't find it, you walk up to the forest on the right and go 1 tile ahead and try to go 1 tile to the right, if you're still unable to find it after that, i think your game is broken. :P)

Also, try to type your question on google, most times it will give you a link to this thread where the same question is answered.

Years
  • I was browsing the Hacking Studio when I found this. Quite impressed with what I see so far. I'll wait until the next version comes out to play it, though.

Believe me, you wont be dissapointed!
    I'd advise you to start playing though because there are 3 different ways to play, so maybe just play to check out the story line you do or do not want to play to see what's up and restart when V3 comes out.

Just some advise, you do not have to follow it! :P

Puzzles

Whats In A Name?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2022
    I'm having an issue. I joined the seekers, and I go to help Lord grey, and I get to his estate, and the pub kicks me out. How can I get the key?

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years
  • Believe me, you wont be dissapointed!
    I'd advise you to start playing though because there are 3 different ways to play, so maybe just play to check out the story line you do or do not want to play to see what's up and restart when V3 comes out.

Well, at your advice, I went and downloaded it. I have to say, this is very nice. I have been playing for the past 8 hours straight (summer right now ;),) but I have hit a tiny snag. Where exactly is Tanzite Tunnel? I am trying to find it so I can meet up at the Lethean Hotel place. If someone could tell me where it was, it would be really nice. :D

Years
  • Well, at your advice, I went and downloaded it. I have to say, this is very nice. I have been playing for the past 8 hours straight (summer right now ;),) but I have hit a tiny snag. Where exactly is Tanzite Tunnel? I am trying to find it so I can meet up at the Lethean Hotel place. If someone could tell me where it was, it would be really nice. :D

Tanzite tunnel is on the east path of the central city (I can't recall the name since I haven't played in a while, but it's the city with the mansions containing Lord Grey's estate on the west of it) if you're a seeker/criminal you have to do the side-quest before you're able to go through, I'm not sure if there's any side-quest if you're a regular trainer.

Note: I Don't know what level your team is, but if your highest poke is around lvl 35 I suggest you train up a bit.

I'm having an issue. I joined the seekers, and I go to help Lord grey, and I get to his estate, and the pub kicks me out. How can I get the key?

You should've been given a bottle of rum I believe (Might be some other type of alchoholic drink) and you give the drink to the gaurd standing outside of Loxar's mansion which is past the gym on the south edge of the city, the gaurd will walk away and you'll be able to enter Loxar's Mansion.
    Enter the Mansion and complete the event which will give you the key as a reward.

Personal question: Does anybody have a lead on the missing berry required for the Breeder Career, I have the arbok venom and the salac berry but i'm still lost with the final one. (Can't think of the name of the berry, sorry. :()

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
  • Personal question: Does anybody have a lead on the missing berry required for the Breeder Career, I have the arbok venom and the salac berry but i'm still lost with the final one. (Can't think of the name of the berry, sorry. :()
    I'm 99% sure that the berry you seek is not in the current release.

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, PokeCommunity-goers.

Xanathos

JOHTO FAMILY MEMBER FOREVER
    Years
  • Personal question: Does anybody have a lead on the missing berry required for the Breeder Career, I have the arbok venom and the salac berry but i'm still lost with the final one. (Can't think of the name of the berry, sorry. :()
    It's hold by the shiny pokemon stolen from Eli you can buy at the beginning of the game on the right side of the lab, if I'm correct
    But Avara said there's another way she doesn't remember.

Years
  • It's hold by the shiny pokemon stolen from Eli you can buy at the beginning of the game on the right side of the lab, if I'm correct

I knew about the stolen pokemon holding it (My bad for not notifying that :S) but I was indeed looking for the 'other' way.
    Thanks for the effort though!

Bliss

Years
  • It's hold by the shiny pokemon stolen from Eli you can buy at the beginning of the game on the right side of the lab, if I'm correct

I knew about the stolen pokemon holding it (My bad for not notifying that :S) but I was indeed looking for the 'other' way.
    Thanks for the effort though!
    And with this, I stand corrected.

Time for a question of my own: (To Avara) Will it be possible to complete the Pokedex in the final version of the hack? Sorry if I've already asked this lol. Or if someone else has.

Ah, one more question: Where can I get a Vulpix? I want one.. T.T

In other news, I'm thinking about restarting MoT and playing 3 separate playthroughs. 1 for Seeker, one for Evil to the core, and one for entertainment. (starting with the entertainment run, then Evil, then Seeker)

Glyph Reader

Holder of the Seven Glyphs
    Years
  • And with this, I stand corrected.

Time for a question of my own: (To Avara) Will it be possible to complete the Pokedex in the final version of the hack? Sorry if I've already asked this lol. Or if someone else has.

In other news, I'm thinking about restarting MoT and playing 3 separate playthroughs. 1 for Seeker, one for Evil to the core, and one for entertainment. (starting with the entertainment run, then Evil, then Seeker)

If I remember correctly, you can find Vulpix south of Jita in a place called Heather Hills.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2014
    Love the hack, hate the fact every gym leader has the same strategy. Reallllllyyyy infuriating trying to hit a Pokemon that used 4 doubles teams. Just saying.

Years
  • Love the hack, hate the fact every gym leader has the same strategy. Reallllllyyyy infuriating trying to hit a Pokemon that used 4 doubles teams. Just saying.

I feel the same about that, but you got to keep in mind that he has 3 final evolution bird pokemon, and we all know those aren't the greatest! So Avara should've given him some kind of advantage. :P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    First, I just wanted to say I'm glad you're continuing this project. You already know I think what you're doing is amazing and I can't wait for Version 3! :D

About the Kiana thing, I think it's actually better to keep it as it was (as in if it's you do give her you're reference it would be bad). This is only because it'll definitely (assuming this is also what you're going for) will give you the feeling of actually being the player and trying to figure out what's right and what's wrong in the process. For example, what would you do if your friend robbed a bank or just shot someone? This is something you have to decide on what to do with yourself being the key part of choosing an outcome. I'm not saying making "yes would give you a point towards being good" wouldn't give you the option of being the player but I'm saying in most cases, especially in "the Pokemon World", cheating is wrong and is frowned upon. So would you go out of your way to let a cheater enter a tournament with you or will you side with whatever "the Pokemon Laws" state. The goal here is to just go with your gut and be whoever, at least, that's what I thought. Then again, I can always be reading too much into things again and just started spewing out random nonsense, so who knows?

Thanks man, and YES! This is basically exactly why I made it like that, but just couldn't find the words to explain it haha. You put it a lot better than I could have. Like not wanting every decision to be black and white etc. =)

The only issue i have is the very annoying fact that after i become pro. I get literally zero exp. i beat a pokemon 13 levels up and got 72 exp points. Like 1/15 of a level please fix this. Also evolution isn't working for my skitty, so I can get a delcatty to trade for the snorlax

The skitty bug has been reported and the exp thing is... odd. =/ Worrying actually, although this isn't happening for me and it hasn't been mentioned before. Thanks for letting me know though, is it happening for every Pokemon or just some? I didn't touch EXP rate in any editors or anything, so I'm not sure what to do =/

Plot twist? o,O' This could be good, or very very bad. As you said, we will have to see when we get there!

Mapping, ugh. Even creating a world map was a feat far beyond my abilities lol. I hope things work out on that end.

Scripting is my bane. I have some interesting ideas (some good, some truly horrendous) but when I try to script them out.. it just ruins them lol.

Legendaries: I have 3 basic ideas at the moment, 2 that would preferably be in a set (with similar or related quests/areas) an Ice type, and a Fire Type. The third would be either Psychic or Fighting and Psychic and have low overall stats for a Legendary with a focus on Special Attack.

I'll start with the Psychic or Fighting/Psychic Pokemon first.

Spoiler:
    Ice type:
    Spoiler:
    Fire Type:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't sure about a lot of stuff, so I just left those parts blank. The basic concept for all 3 of these Pokemon comes from Mew and Mewtwo, so it should be pretty easy to change things as needed to suit the story and sub plot.

Let me know if you want me to brain storm some more, and I'll try to come up with something even better next time!

PS: If you want a bunch of random basic ideas to use or ignore, I can definitely give you a list of random ideas. That seems to be my specialty! x3

NOTE: For some reason, I have an extra spoiler in there.. I've tried getting rid of it, but it's not working. Finally, after about 5 tries I decided it's not that big of a deal lol.

Thank you so much Prixy, they're really quite interesting! I did kind of raise an eyebrow when I saw Wonder Guard but y'know what with the stats and everything it seems like it could actually be really cool and a seriously tough opponent to contend with. When I have time to sit on my laptop for ages I'm gonna PM you about this because I really want to use it at some point, with your permission =)

As for the legendaries... Hmm... I'm in between a rock and a hard place with this one... I don't want to have TOO many in one game, since I always hated that in hacks, as well as all the trainers using legendaries in every battle, in my opinion that's only okay if there's an actual reason for it! Eg like how I did it with Aries, I mean he's Head Seeker, it would be weird for him NOT to have a legendary.

Rambnling again haha, but thanks again for these ideas! I'm gonna copy paste them into my MOT/MOT2 notes file =P

Nice to see the hiatus being over, just as I got back from my holiday!

You know what's coming!:
    I got the boy in the Tanzite tunnel back to his sister, so in V3, will I get the +1 alignment point even though I already did it, or does the event like get a reset? (Or is the alignment point just lost for me)
    I'd like to keep a good alingnment but also want to give the rival girl my licenso so she can enter since I'd really like to battle her.

Also is there any word on the berries for the breeder career, since it's going to be a though job going over pages of comments since I wasn't able to keep up with them b/c I was on a vacation. :P

Hope to see more of your progress soon and good luck with the hacking stuff.

You'll get the Alignment point to Good, but if you don't want it just do something bad later to cancel it out haha. This is a good way to stay Neutral if that's the Alignment you want. I want Alignment to play a massive part in V3, I just haven't worked out a lot of stories of equal awesome-ness for the three... so if anyone who's good with plot stuff would be up for listening to me ramble/feedback I'd love you forever! Lol. I have too many ideas and can't decide what/what not to use.

Those fake-mon look rather interesting, especially the Fighting/Psychic, but the wonder gaurd ability seems rather interesting since it will only be affected by flying and ghost moves I actually want to see how that is going to work out (It seems balanced though b/c of the low stats so most pokemon will be able to OHKO)

I know my opinion doesnt really affect anything, but I think she sould try implementing them in the game if she has te proper time, and maybe brain-storm about some non-exclusive and criminal-exclusive pokemon!

Yeah I second this! =) And of course your opinion affects something! Yeah I'm going to make all Career-exclusives obtainable in the post-game so the dex can be completed if you want to, but completing the ENTIRE Pokedex won't be necessary to complete the game, not even for Researchers. For Researchers's ultimate Pokedex quest I was thinking about 300 Pokemon would be better than making players of that Career catch 386 haha, but that's a long way off anyway. I get carried away with plans =P

Hi Avara great hack i absolutely love it. I think you need to fix a few things though.

1. Magic NES
    View attachment 73176
    Its right in front of the bed but you can walk on the space it should be and its invisible.

2. Bulbasaur will not evolve!!! It stops partway through the evolution animation as if i pressed b.

3.Neither will Skitty, with a moon stone.

Thanks for pointing that little glitch in the dorm out, just something I forgot to remove. =) The skitty bug has been reported. As for the Bulbasaur... I have NO idea what is causing that =/ nobody has mentioned it before now. It can't be an update that's causing it because there hasn't been an update since V2 was released. Same with the EXP glitch that's supposedly happening but I'm not experiencing. Are you sure you've patched it to a clean rom?

Man, every time I think I've fixed most things, something else comes up... haha =P

Believe me, you wont be dissapointed!

Four different ways to play! I'm going to be doing lots more fleshing out for the plain Researcher and plain Trainer careers since they get much less attention than Seekers and Criminals. =)

And with this, I stand corrected.

No, the Pokedex won't be complete-able fully. Once the main story arc is finished, I'm going to find ways to make all Pokemon that were Career-exclusive, available to other Careers, if that makes sense haha. Also, you could always do a completely Neutral plain Trainer run-through for a fourth - I'm adding lots more to that Career for V3 since it seems people always overlook it! Except of course good old Xanathos, who I think is the only person playing with no added Careers.

Love the hack, hate the fact every gym leader has the same strategy. Reallllllyyyy infuriating trying to hit a Pokemon that used 4 doubles teams. Just saying.

The "fact that every gym leader has the same strategy" not a fact. They're all pretty different. =/ unless I'm missing something obvious here? lol

I feel the same about that, but you got to keep in mind that he has 3 final evolution bird pokemon, and we all know those aren't the greatest! So Avara should've given him some kind of advantage. :P

If you just mean Reuben's gym I don't really know what I would do to give them an advantage, since I kind of like his team, but suggestions on how to make his Gym harder are welcome! =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2015
    Hi Avara good news the bulbasaur thing was fixed.

It was just before the beginning of the Verlume Villas and it got really hard to progress. But I got through.

Also i evolved my Azradon into Azramadon.

I believe earlier you said that you had never heard of someone getting an Azramadon, so I wanted to let you know. Also in the poke challenge building the games from the old game corner are invisible but you cannot walk through them.

Great job if you need me to test your work on the next version i would love to.

This hack is beautiful the plot focuses more on character choices and makes it less linear, I have always wished the real pokemon games had that. And the characters have more personality.

This is probably the best hack I've seen just maybe add more cities and add on, like the hacks with multiple regions, so the story continues, cause its so good.

Back