• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    Yay! I love Pokémon Rangers and I love the fact that it's added! Thank you so much avara, and also I was thinking that maybe the Rangers could be like an anti-Seeker Group. Instead of trying to capture Legendary Pokémon and preserve them, Rangers would try and save the Legendaries and prevent the Seekers for hunting after rare pokémon.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yay! I love Pokémon Rangers and I love the fact that it's added! Thank you so much avara, and also I was thinking that maybe the Rangers could be like an anti-Seeker Group. Instead of trying to capture Legendary Pokémon and preserve them, Rangers would try and save the Legendaries and prevent the Seekers for hunting after rare pokémon.

No problem, I'm glad you mentioned it or I probably wouldn't have given it any further thought! Absolutely, now I've done some reading up, I definitely think the Rangers could cause some trouble for the Seekers and vice versa, not to mention any other of the various organisations. This brings me up to a total of seven career choices which should be good fun to script, I'm looking forward to getting started!

Years
  • Adding ranger career would be a fantastic idea. I don't know how you can add browser or the styler. As for the 1 pokemon rule i guess rangers can keep the event exclusive pokemons. and use 6 of them in the tournament. in the 3rd ranger game we can have multiple starter pokemons but only 1 is usable at a time and the rest stays in a farm. so it is possible to keep more than 1 pokemon to make it fair.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Very late to the party, but better late than never. Seeing that announcement actually brought me back to ROM Hacking in order to say something. If you don't remember me, it's DJTiki.

I'm not very sure how to express it, but I'm very glad that you're returning to this project. Not that your other project isn't any good, but there was a charm to this that I haven't seen in ROM Hacks for a very long time. Avara, I still believe this to be the best hack despite the hurdles that it has gone through. I'll most likely PM you my full thoughts since it's like 3 in the morning and I can't articulate my feelings correctly. Just know that I'm extremely happy to see this come back at full force! We definitely need to talk more, Avara. :3

Best of luck. Expect me to be on top of your future updates!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Ok, so first of all, I am a major fan of this hack even though it definitely was a mess. I got really disappointed when you stopped working on it but I never deleted my game in hopes of you coming back. So, thank you for coming back and I wish you the best in completing this together with Ages of Faith. I do hope you allow me to beta test :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Adding ranger career would be a fantastic idea. I don't know how you can add browser or the styler. As for the 1 pokemon rule i guess rangers can keep the event exclusive pokemons. and use 6 of them in the tournament. in the 3rd ranger game we can have multiple starter pokemons but only 1 is usable at a time and the rest stays in a farm. so it is possible to keep more than 1 pokemon to make it fair.

Yep, definitely not going to add browser or styler if I can just substitute the Dex/Pokeballs; way too much effort for 1/8th of the game. Good to know some info about the Ranger games too so thanks for that insight, good to know it's not a solid 1-pokemon rule!

Very late to the party, but better late than never. Seeing that announcement actually brought me back to ROM Hacking in order to say something. If you don't remember me, it's DJTiki.

I'm not very sure how to express it, but I'm very glad that you're returning to this project. Not that your other project isn't any good, but there was a charm to this that I haven't seen in ROM Hacks for a very long time. Avara, I still believe this to be the best hack despite the hurdles that it has gone through. I'll most likely PM you my full thoughts since it's like 3 in the morning and I can't articulate my feelings correctly. Just know that I'm extremely happy to see this come back at full force! We definitely need to talk more, Avara. :3

Best of luck. Expect me to be on top of your future updates!

Man, I nearly didn't recognise you because of the username change! Really nice to hear from you again! =) I know; PM me your Skype name if you use it, it'd be great to catch up! At the moment I'm just trying to get all of the maps done for the game before I start scripting, but my manager has just switched me to nightshift at my job which I've never done before. It's taking some getting used to, so in all honesty I'm taking a break from the hacks until I get into a proper routine again.

Ok, so first of all, I am a major fan of this hack even though it definitely was a mess. I got really disappointed when you stopped working on it but I never deleted my game in hopes of you coming back. So, thank you for coming back and I wish you the best in completing this together with Ages of Faith. I do hope you allow me to beta test :)

Thank you so much! It definitely was too ambitious for a first hack, but I (hope) I'm a little better than I was back then and it won't have as many bugs as last time; but as with all hacks, it's not always avoidable for some reason or another no matter how hard you try =(. Of course you can beta test; as I said earlier it probably won't be for a while, but when I have something ready I can let you know. =)

Thank you so much for coming back! Best news I've heard in awhile

I really appreciate your support, hopefully it goes better this time! =)

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    heyoo bro really nice hack so if u need any help for beta testing ,sprites or rpg maker or pokemon essential and even a supporter of urs ive got about 3 years of experience each except for beta testing and supporting u ive only tested glazed nah just joking i tested pokemon rocket strike brro no offense u r gr8 and ur game too even if u dont select or maybe gimme any job

CreepyPanther

used rest. It's super effective!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Haven't played the original, but from what I heard it's good. Can't wait to see your 2nd go around. Would love to play it now, but I can wait. Also keep the good work and best of luck on your projects.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, everyone! Sorry for the inactivity! Since some of the maps for the first section of the game are now done, I thought I'd share them with you. I am not the best mapper, so any feedback is welcome! I do not want them to look Nindento-ey, but I do still want to keep the ideas similar to how they were in the first game. Note that tiles are not final and I consider them WIP since they all need improvement, and grass is just a flat green colour because I haven't chosen a grass tile I like yet =P

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2022
    The maps are looking great!! I have played your previous version and this is a great improvement! Keep up the good work ??????

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Is the place with all the mansions going to be in this version? And the place with the fire battles?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Is the place with all the mansions going to be in this version? And the place with the fire battles?

Yeah, Verlume Villas will be back! As for the mini Fire themed challenge, it won't be.
    ------

Here's another map preview!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yeah, Verlume Villas will be back! As for the mini Fire themed challenge, it won't be.
    ------

Here's another map preview!

Spoiler:

Cool, I like the final grass tile. I'm excited to explore the police station.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Ah, so you swapped the fire battle building for the police station in the forth town? :( how come you're leaving it out? Iirc the prizes were really cool!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Ah, so you swapped the fire battle building for the police station in the forth town? :( how come you're leaving it out? Iirc the prizes were really cool!

In complete brutal honesty, it's because I ran out of space in the tileset. Lmao. I am planning to add something similar to it, maybe another type in another city =)

I'm currently re-doing the thread which will contain the final Careers roster, including the two unannounced ones!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Having thread editing issues right now, so I will post the roster here exactly as I would post them in the main thread =P in a spoiler tag for anyone who doesn't want to know yet!

Spoiler:

Back