• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    How does the Yellow Missingno. differ from the others? I couldn't figure out how to find it on my Yellow though....

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • do the ditto trick, and after defeating a trainer, battle a drowzee near vermillion. you should run into it when you go back to the route you did the ditto trick, but it crashes your game 98% of the time

Pingouin_7

rukarioX's post was quite hard to understand, so I'll traduct:

"Missingno is awesome. When Platinum will come out, how will we get Missingno in it?"

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • wait a second, if there are 256 variables, then how come there are still glitches in Ruby/Saph/Emerald? The bad egg..who can forget that?

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • The bad egg is not a glitch, it was put in by Nintendo to stop pokemon and other things being cheated into the game.

R/B/Y was an 8 bit game, and they only had 256 hex's to deal with. Once they had use most up, they filled them with random, unstable data that was not meant to be executed.

In the newer games, there are more variables, as there are more hex numbers.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    There's 65,536 variables from 0000 to FFFF, in the Pokemon data. So, how many are just plain useless data? A lot...

-This is about FireRed-

Sparkle

Ninetales Rocks :D
    Years
  • Missingnos Are Awesome :] I have done many of the glitches like the Mew glitch and stuff, and a glitch where you Battle Misty in Lavendar Town with Growlithes xD

Optiimus

Ctrl + W ;)
    Years
  • Ahah, Missingo was the reason why R/B/Y/G/S/C aren't able to connect to R/S/E :P
    and also, If you catch the Missingno then all your sprites are ruined. but dont worry.
    just give the Missingo a rare candie and then.. MAGIC! a level 100 Kanghaskan :)

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • I made a random picture that has nothing to do with this conversation:

f_crystalmissm_0da0ef7.png

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • lol I remember when I first found out about Missingno... I think I read about it in a pokemon magazine (I didn't have the internet then) I was sooooo hyped =)) =))

I caught it and it messed my damn game up -____- I had to reset it :embarrass

I guess it made me realise not to catch them in future.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I thought Missingno. was supposed to be Yoshi? XD
    NO.
    That is a lie, and a pretty dumb one at that. Missingno. was always an unintentional sprite of misinterpreted game data. No relation to Yoshi.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I thought Missingno. was supposed to be Yoshi? XD

Missingno. is a random variable of misinterpreted game data that is also a sprite and features no possible resemblance to Yoshi. Plus, how can he be that annoying thing? It is technically impossible for that to happen for a random glitch to become an odd... thing like Yoshi. What is Yoshi, anyway? I know who is he, but what species?

Missingno. is usually a Pokemon that just uses the wrong data. Until we have 65530 Pokemon, we'll have missingno.s.

No, the scripts may have been used as something else and we didn't get all of the data. The rest is just found with ??'s.

Last edited:

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Reading this thread brought back so many memories. :)

I used to collect Missingno.s myself. Mine never became any other Pokemon. However, when I traded one to Gold version it became a Stantler (spelling? Right name? Can't remember... that darn deer thing!) that knew fly. o.O I was amazed. My bet is that, when you trade it to a different game- it becomes the Pokemon that the number matches. Of course, since I'm not a glitch master... I could be wrong.

Though, I stopped catching Missingno.s and the Lv 100 Pokemon after I realized it was messing up my games. My red version stopped saving and was stuck on the end of the game like... forever. And, when I decided to try restarting... I couldn't save it so I had to start a new game everytime I played. My blue version said that I beat the entire League with my Raichu or something like that. Which... I didn't. And, after a while, my blue version started freezing every now and then. Some people don't see glitches at all. Some people do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back