• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    If you use the wild Pokemon modifier on Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, and press the R and L buttons when your Poketch isn't on the calculator, you can find the 4th gen Missingno. You can catch it, but it will not be in your storage. I'm not sure if it will show in your party, though

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Gamefreak has done a prett good job stopping the missingno. Glitch.
    In rb versions it could be found wild easily. As well as glitch city. Now in the new games you need to use an ar or gs. I've found 2 [at lest] glitch pokemon in each game. Including all 3 egg glitch pokemon in the 1st hen remakes. Some can screw days up completely
    Example bad egg makes all

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I got a VERY early version of DP (J) which I never connected to Wi-Fi, so it's a guinea pig, and if you enter a double battle with a fainted pokemon and a normal one (which have to be the only pokemon on your team), you find a Missingno. instead.

It kills itself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2009
    I heard another theory of why Missingo exists in R/B/Y. Someone said the ppl who made the game were originally gonna create a Pokemon that was a combination of Wartortle and Pidgeot called Wartidgeot. But the programmers didn't have time to add it to the game or something so Wartidgeot became Missingo instead.(Not sure if I got all the details right but that's pretty much how I remember the story)

Yeah i think someone was screwing with you dude. I had missingno too but i fed it a rare candy and it evolved into Kangaskahn. Explain this to me...

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    When i was 6 and got red my friend was like why dont youg et missingno it'll help you team.

When he told me allt he crap you had to do i thought he was lieing. Then when i tried it i think the Aerodactyl missingno. came i was like o.0

Years
    Yeah i think someone was screwing with you dude. I had missingno too but i fed it a rare candy and it evolved into Kangaskahn. Explain this to me...
    Missingno is Pokemon # 000. The way the game is coded, Rhydon is the first valid Pokemon slot. Kangaskhan is the second. Somehow or another, the game flips out when Missingno tries to evolve and points it to one of the first two Pokemon slots. It's something to do with pointers, I'm sorry if I don't know how to explain it clearly.

I personally love Missingno. I just use it for item duping on my good cartridge, but I've messed around with it on my spare Red. Crazy stuff.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What are the "uses of missingo anyways?

To get 128 copies of your sixth item, and for fun. Besides, the Yellow version has more fun with Missingno.

Oh, and you can get a flying Kangaskhan or Rhydon this way. Just an FYI.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    .4 Was better, IIRC it was a super Golduck that was a safe glitch pokemon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    .4 on Yellow was called PkMn Trainer GARY in my game (using Gameshark on a backup). I throw MasterBall. I caught a trainer. (It was still a .4!)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    How come when i battle a wild mew using action replay i get the missingno.
    when i catch it it says the missingno. info the mews ...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Kidnapping Glitch involing MISSING NO. (kinda)

(the only way for this to be activateed is to demolish ur red version then put it back together)
    Once upon a while bak...

Me and meh big bro destroyed our red version

my dad put it back together ... i think he did it wrong ...
    well my bro played it bought suming then saved ..
    after doing so he couldnt move ... ... ...
    so he turned it off then bak on
    he was in a room with loads of shop keepers he was stuck in a freezer and could not get out there was also gary stuck in one and a camperjr

we never playeed that game again ..

until now ...

after trying again i was on the ame position but some of ther shop keepers were birds
    i could now move one person battled me with his MISSNGNO. i killed it but the game froze

and through the Double Battle glitch (only in early japanese releases of D/P - but you can`t catch it). :(

U can catch it on d/p by defeating the none misingno. the using the catch a trainer pokemon cheat u can catch it

u dont keep it because it is a blank file on D/P/PT

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    my hall of fame got messed up after battling it. but i never caught it cause i love my red....

Game Over

I'll hee Save the ho world!
    Years
    I never really did know all that technical stuff bout Missingno till a few weeks ago. From what I read the Bar code looking one was supposed to be the deadliest of them all. And that was the one that popped up for me. So curious one day I caught him, saw that in the menu he changed into a bunch of random things, thought he was odd and put him in my PC.

And that was it. Nothing else happened. He never killed my game...I never did figure out why when Missingno killed my friends games...

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    Never caught it, but it was am awesome glitch, all they rare candies *drools*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back