• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty or May?

Misty or May

• Misty

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • May

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Why is this poll closed.

My vote is for misty anyways. I revived this poll 3 times before i became inactive. well, i see that there are many more misty fans on PC than they used to be and i am happy about that. Just wish the writers would check PC and see what ppl want.

Years
    One reason why the poll ended up closing is because that if it acutally went on longer, there'd be a lot more bashing one another as to why Misty or May was better, so it's sorta okay that it ended 4 months ago, if I remember correctly.

And unfortunately, if the superiors listen to what people want all the time, there'd be chaos because it's human nature that we are never satisfied with what we get, no matter what. In other words, if they listen, then we want more. It's gotta stop somewhere!

Oh well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2006
    i read tons of AAMLS, and every one of them say that ash misty have kids and got married and stuff. :D

Years
    I really don't know if that's relavent or not...

If you don't already don't know, fan-fics are just those: stories made by fans. Can't trust those, ya know.

But it's always good to dream, isn't it?

(though I can't think of those two getting together anytime soon; It'd be wierd)

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2006
    i think that most of the AAMLS is about ash and misty , may?NO!!!!i hate her A LOT!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2006
    ok ok ok...i also started with tons of of CD.i think i can their minds (sometimes lah )and look at thier eyes carefully.i think it said i love u misty (for ash) misty is also the same.something also tells me that ash had broke misty's bike right?and mayis trailing ash cause she likes him and bluff by saying he broke her bike.(CHEETING May)mind me on my english is bad.

Years
    Please, edit your posts! Double, triple, quadrupal, and so on posting isn't allowed!

If you keep posting post after post, you'd get kicked out of here!

You do know how to edit your post, right? (click the 'edit' button on the lower right of that post...) Just in case, did you read the rules of this and other forums?

It looks like you're new to this topic. Well, I'll explain a few things:

mistyash9 said:
    i think that most of the AAMLS is about ash and misty , may?NO!!!!i hate her A LOT!
    Um, AAML stands for Ash And Misty Love(ing). Advancedshipping is what involves Ash and May to like each other. Oh yeah, and no making bad comments on anything. Not everybody agrees with that kind of attitude, like me...

mistyash9 said:
    ok ok ok...i also started with tons of of CD.i think i can their minds (sometimes lah )and look at thier eyes carefully.i think it said i love u misty (for ash) misty is also the same.something also tells me that ash had broke misty's bike right?and mayis trailing ash cause she likes him and bluff by saying he broke her bike.(CHEETING May)mind me on my english is bad.
    1. The CD you listened to was 2.B.A. Master, which was created in cooperation with 4Kids, the company who 'translates' the series to English. 4Kids don't make the episodes. Just to point out, Satoshi and Kasumi, the Japanese equivalents to Ash and Misty, respectfully, never showed all that much interest in each other. Many people think that Satoshi and Kasumi never had a thing going, so Japan never made anything to strengthen the false accusation. 4Kids, though, added this in. In other words, 4Kids made the song up, not the producers, so it doesn't mean anything! (unfortunately...)
    2. Looking at character's eyes, especially anime eyes, really don't mean much. It's like staring into fire to see if it's alive. If you didn't know already, Ash is really dense. He can't tell what 'love' is, even if it's in front of his face. Just look at certain episodes carefully. Yes, Ash's Pikachu DID in fact wreck Misty's bike, but Pikachu also fried May's. Whether that's the reason why the girls are following Ash are up to the viewer, but you can't say that May is 'cheating'.

mistyash9 said:
    yeah i know,but if it really happens one day ?not juust a dream but real. :\
    3. No, it hasn't happend yet, and who knows if it will?

mistyash9 said:
    man!i wish that ash and misty were real if they were real we might be able to help them.since we do know who ash likes best i think is misty thean may cause they say thatmay is married to a nother guy.
    4. Again, Ash really doesn't know what 'love' is, and it doesn't look like he cares right now. His desire to become the Pok?mon Champion/Master is too great to have such distractions. And why would May be married? She, like 10 years old!!! (then again, so's Ash, and Misty's around there somewhere...)

Okay, please be careful on what you post, alright? You really don't want to anger the moderators here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2006
    sorry,new here dont REALLY know yet thanx.U said May not going to get married ,what i mean is in future!!(i think):-)

Years
    Heh. That's up to the fans since I doubt that the producers will make episodes when they're actually older.

And to avoid trouble in the future, please take time and read the rules of this forum. (click 'FAQs' and 'Rules' on the top bar below the Pok?Community banner) Once you have, I'm sure you'll get along with everybody else just fine.

Years
    Well said, dqle.

If we're talking romantic lead, I go with Misty because she and Ash have a similarity with their stubbornness and ego, and she can stand up to him. It would be an exploding relationship but it would be one of similarity in their tensions, and a common theme in couples is always a nice constant. But also either one, they both have a tender side, Misty's is more obvious but she needs a catalyst to bring that out. Ash in turn would feed on that, so intimacy would be maintained, particularly as she's seen him at his worst, and respected him and his decision in the morning anyway.

May, is more...insecure and neurotic and isn't secure enough in her coping to handle Ash on a full time basis, although lately she's been getting a spine but she's not nearly as stubborn as Misty is and for someone as forceful as Ash, you need a strong ego to deal with that. Although of the two, May is the more compassionate of the two gals and doesn't need a catalyst to bring out her tender side.

So I'd go with Misty, although character wise, hmm...that's a tougher call.

Years
    Hmm...romaticly I choose Misty just because Ash & Misty are meant to be together, seems pretty obvious to me from certain episodes in the series and moments in the manga. Character wise it's not hard for me to choose, I like May's personality, look, and Pokemon ten times better than Misty. I wish she would battle more than she does, but I like her way more, cept Misty kicked butt in the 3rd movie! ^^

Years
    Well, some of the episodes was more 4Kids, although the Special manga played on their subtle chemisty and I don't think it was Viz playing on the edict. Koga's first line in the series (this was Red/Misty crawling around Mt. Moon) quite amused me for dialogue and a slight barb on the ship so I rather enjoy the Special version of the ship than the anime version.

Between the two female leads, May could prevail as she has that underdog appeal to her, although Misty can be a surprise with her battles. A pity we couldn't play on that tension with the Mirage Kingdom two parter since it was quite obvious that it was made to build up Misty and shun May (did she do anything in that two parter?). Might as well pander to the obvious conclusion. Yet it didn't, oh well, not the first time.

The weird thing for me when Misty first was introduced, I really thought she could be a romantic lead, and I didn't blame 4Kids for doing what they could do. The chemistry with Taylor and Lillis was quite palpable as the series started.

Then Johto Misty and blank.

Eh, I'd like to see more of May in a romantic sense before I can assess her properly (I'm not counting Sid's misplaced flirting in Destiny Deoxys). At one advantage Misty has, we've seen her in love before (Rudy from the Orange Island being one of the main ones), May, not so much but feel free to correct me on that.

Years
    I wouldn't say crazy. May is insecure and incredibly neurotic, but she is functional to a good extent. She can solve her problems in time. Crazy is odd and hard to define: Like say, for example, it's one thing to say your doorman is an alien from space and do nothing about it and keep it to yourself to main your public sanity, it's another saying the doorman is an alien and you must point out how evil he is.

Yeah. She's like James in that respect. I wouldn't call her the picture of mental health, but...she tries to overcome her personal stigmas (although her pissiness at Savannah in "Cruisin' for a Losin", I have no idea where that came from), difficult as they can be to overcome and be normal/sane enough. Besides, who wants to be so sane anyway? Craziness makes you distinctive.

At least that's what I've been told. Shifty eyes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    May acts more like Ash than any other character. Same naive personality, same hopes and dreams, hell even the same Pokemon! May is basically Kanto Ash as a girl.

Years
    Maybe it's narcissism? They are voiced by the same voice actress.

"I can't be in love with myself! I hate myself!"

To play on Jerry Seinfeld's infamous line.

Anyway, moving on, yes?

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Ugh... I think I might have posted in this a long while back, but I can't really remember, and I'm far too lazy to look in the pages before page 11. XD

Ah the Misty or May debate. I swear this has been in existance (the debate, not the thread) since May's rumors. I can see why I haven't posted much in this; I tend not to want to get involved in these things, but I felt compelled to say something.

I used to tell myself that I would never get so involved with a show that I start pairing people up. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a hypocrite sometimes. ^-^ Anyway, I've always preferred Ash and Misty to Ash and May. This, to me, is because of my personal opinion though. They could both concievably make good couples, which is something that took me a year to grudgingly admit. I used to be quite the May-hater. *fond memories of doodling May being thrown into a garbage can come to mind*

The reason I prefer Misty to May is because her personality is not the same as Ash's. I like it when couples are composed of two people who deal with things differently, who argue, who compel each other to be their best. May and Ash, they just seem like they would be, well, boring together. I know they argue, but it's not like it was with Ash and Misty. Ash and Misty fight over stupid things, and make fun of each other; whereas May and Ash fight things like which town to go to, and May hardly ever makes a snide remark about Ash.

Of course, May is not the same as Ash, but she reacts a lot in the same manner, and I just don't see the same "spark" that was there with Ash and Misty.

Hm... hopefully that made some sense. I tend to ramble on about things I feel passionately about and end up making no sense.

Though, you can always have a good laugh at me. ^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back