• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty was on TV today!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
Years
  • Berkut Nightwolf said:
    I'm greatly satisfied with this episode. Now, I'm going to get it taped on Friday, tape the next one aired on Saturday, and then I can finally stop getting up to watch the show. These two episodes were the only reason I was getting up at 9:00 every Saturday morning, and now that they are being shown, I'm finished with this 'Advanced' junk.

That is, unless Misty comes back as a regular character. But even I have my doubts.

It ain't junk! Advanced Challenge is a good season because a lot more battles are taking place, unlike the past seasons. You should sit and watch the ones that aren't involving Misty, because they offer a lot in themselves.

And on a seperate issue, teh japanese eps aren't better, just different. The only way they could possibly be better is if they actually showed alot emotion besides. "Hey! You're back!" and pretty much end it.

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • AMLover7 said:
    I programmed it and forgot to turn off the stupid VCR so I missed it! Does anyone know if it will air again soon? I thought they aired the previous Saturday's episode on Friday's @4. Is that true? I really wanted to see this episode for, what, half a year or so? Since we first found out she was coming back. GRR. I'm totally kicking myself now. If anyone knows somewhere I can download it, or if it will be on TV on Friday, please let me know! :'( :disappoin
    Don't worry, they show it then, alright.

Of course, the time it's on varies with the time zones? I'll be glad to be able to watch it at both the 3PM and 6PM slots XD

I'm just so glad I have something to look forward to? *sniff* I'm so happy?

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • Apparently these people have no respect for the original Japanese epps. Most of these people haven't watched any Japanese epps,or very few at the least. Don't judge anything until you get to know it(Kinda works like Don't judge a book by its cover).

Years
  • Uh, to tell you guys, both versions of Pok?mon have their up and downs. For whatever reasons why 4Kids does these things, I have no clue, but since they have done these things, I'm glad they haven't backed down on what they've started.

Personally, I like the American version more than the Japanese. My top reasons are...

I have dial-up, so there's no way I can download any of the episodes!

Two, since I don't understand much Japanese, I have my suspicions on some translations since I've seen some that totally kill the show.

Three: I get tired of hearing the odd voices that are in the Japanese episodes that I've heard on my friends computer. Wow, how can people talk like that all the time?

(These are solely MY opinions. Don't get ticked off if they offend you.)

Other than that, I also find the stories of the two versions slightly different, at least, thats what I think from what I've heard so far...

To put this post back on topic, I am so glad that Misty made her appearence again in the show. I was somewhat depressed that she couldn't stay in the series, but seeing her face (and attitude) again just brightens my days.

Well now, after watching the episode a few more times than once in the past 2 hours, I don't know who said that Misty's sisters are back. What she said was a sarcastic comment on how her older sisters always give her the heavy workload of running the gym. Nothing more.

A few reasons why I think that Misty didn't show more emotions was the fact that May and Max were around. Having new faces around, I'd think that showing such emotions could give her a bad first impression. (although she sorta revealed it later; i.e. the Ninjask, and later, the escrutiating pulling of Brock's ear. Ouch.)

P.S. I'm just curious, but about that Pok?mon Housou episode with the Luvdisc... How does Kasumi and her older sister (don't know what her Japanese counterpart's name is) get the Luvdisc?

Last edited:

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    It ain't junk! Advanced Challenge is a good season because a lot more battles are taking place, unlike the past seasons. You should sit and watch the ones that aren't involving Misty, because they offer a lot in themselves.

I could care less about the battles, no matter how cool anyone claims them to be. Sure, back when I was still in middle school, I greatly enjoyed the battles, however, as I grew-up, my tastes began to differ. Now the one thing I'm mostly looking for is character development and rapid advancement of the journey's progress. This is the reason I still continue to watch and hunt down episodes pertaining to the first and second seasons, because the characters had a whole lot more depth and feel than the third season on.

Right now, I depict Ash as having very little unique personailty attributes, unlike in the first season, where his persona was identifiable as a cocky little 'Action Hero' kid who thinks he's the best of the best and is a little dull on the inside; Certainly a character that can be identified and I could safely say even be related to. Now he's been turned into a triple-toned piece of fodder for battles and discovery of new (and now overly-redundant/abundant) types of Pokemon.

Brock used to be my second favorite character, and in technicality, he still is. His chick-magnet attitude was hilarious. I used to joke about him and Johnny Bravo finding common ground. Neither of them could seem to get a girl no matter how hard they put their mind into it (Assuming one existed to begin with). His motherly attitude towards Ash along with being the Action Hero's wise and valued mentor, his passion to become a succesful Pokemon breeder, and, though it still exists and is still acknowledged today, his akward upbringing brought him into the spotlight as a ture survivior and father figure. Now that the ADVGEN has come along, two of those attributes have been nearly eliminated, and the rest have been dimmed down to mere flickers. Now he just sort of sits there as scenery. Max has taken over Brock's job of informing the twerps of additional details pertaining to Pokemon they run across, and overtime, Brock's obession with women has died down from it's original hilarity. No fun there from our favorite Pokemon breeder.

Don't even get me started on May...End of argument there.

Now, onto the best character to ever grace the program of Pokemon: Misty. I could go as far to say I truly do love her. When she was first introduced as the firey red-head that we've (or it feels like just I and a few others. Chairman Kaga comes to mind...) come to know and love, I hadn't seen a character on television who was so rebellious in emotion. As I grew, I grew to love her and her temper, her passion, and her personal rivalrous rebellion against her sisters. She could be the nicest girl in the world one minute, and then a fire-cracker the next. Unpredictable, she was ferocius, and would express her anger with her fists when she wanted to, which was more often than not, and she usually took it out on Ash, which was quite satisfing at times. It wasn't until much later, about two years ago, I finally found a character similar to her in a totally unrelated subject matter, which contributed to my love of Misty even more. I continued to watch the show, and she grew on me more and more... ... ...until Togepi. That stupid little thing ruined her. Talk about an upset on my part. She stopped showing emotion altogether, it seemed, unless Togepi disappeared, then she'd turn into a helpless concerned mother how had to have Ash go and rescue the god-forsaken egg from some type of unreasonable, unsubstantiated peril. I guess the writers must have run out of ideas with her. Maybe they should have handed them over to some Misty fanatics like myself. We'd turn the whole show into a (pardon the contradiction of words, it's the only way I can explain it) real psuedo-soap opera, I'm sure, with Misty as the main and in some cases, only character concentrated on. I truly do hope that she will return, of course, and now that she's without Togepi, my hopes have risen slighty for a revival of a true, substantial character. however, my doubts are low of a return at all, and therefore, I'm done with this show. I'd gladly just watch my season one tapes rather than pointless new episodes from my standpoint.

I think I've gotten my point across as to why I think the way I do. Take this into consideration, and then contradict me. I'm more than willing to debate.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • Berkut Nightwolf said:
    I could care less about the battles, no matter how cool anyone claims them to be. Sure, back when I was still in middle school, I greatly enjoyed the battles, however, as I grew-up, my tastes began to differ. Now the one thing I'm mostly looking for is character development and rapid advancement of the journey's progress. This is the reason I still continue to watch and hunt down episodes pertaining to the first and second seasons, because the characters had a whole lot more depth and feel than the third season on.

Right now, I depict Ash as having very little unique personailty attributes, unlike in the first season, where his persona was identifiable as a cocky little 'Action Hero' kid who thinks he's the best of the best and is a little dull on the inside; Certainly a character that can be identified and I could safely say even be related to. Now he's been turned into a triple-toned piece of fodder for battles and discovery of new (and now overly-redundant/abundant) types of Pokemon.

Brock used to be my second favorite character, and in technicality, he still is. His chick-magnet attitude was hilarious. I used to joke about him and Johnny Bravo finding common ground. Neither of them could seem to get a girl no matter how hard they put their mind into it (Assuming one existed to begin with). His motherly attitude towards Ash along with being the Action Hero's wise and valued mentor, his passion to become a succesful Pokemon breeder, and, though it still exists and is still acknowledged today, his akward upbringing brought him into the spotlight as a ture survivior and father figure. Now that the ADVGEN has come along, two of those attributes have been nearly eliminated, and the rest have been dimmed down to mere flickers. Now he just sort of sits there as scenery. Max has taken over Brock's job of informing the twerps of additional details pertaining to Pokemon they run across, and overtime, Brock's obession with women has died down from it's original hilarity. No fun there from our favorite Pokemon breeder.

Don't even get me started on May...End of argument there.

Now, onto the best character to ever grace the program of Pokemon: Misty. I could go as far to say I truly do love her. When she was first introduced as the firey red-head that we've (or it feels like just I and a few others. Chairman Kaga comes to mind...) come to know and love, I hadn't seen a character on television who was so rebellious in emotion. As I grew, I grew to love her and her temper, her passion, and her personal rivalrous rebellion against her sisters. She could be the nicest girl in the world one minute, and then a fire-cracker the next. Unpredictable, she was ferocius, and would express her anger with her fists when she wanted to, which was more often than not, and she usually took it out on Ash, which was quite satisfing at times. It wasn't until much later, about two years ago, I finally found a character similar to her in a totally unrelated subject matter, which contributed to my love of Misty even more. I continued to watch the show, and she grew on me more and more... ... ...until Togepi. That stupid little thing ruined her. Talk about an upset on my part. She stopped showing emotion altogether, it seemed, unless Togepi disappeared, then she'd turn into a helpless concerned mother how had to have Ash go and rescue the god-forsaken egg from some type of unreasonable, unsubstantiated peril. I guess the writers must have run out of ideas with her. Maybe they should have handed them over to some Misty fanatics like myself. We'd turn the whole show into a (pardon the contradiction of words, it's the only way I can explain it) real psuedo-soap opera, I'm sure, with Misty as the main and in some cases, only character concentrated on. I truly do hope that she will return, of course, and now that she's without Togepi, my hopes have risen slighty for a revival of a true, substantial character. however, my doubts are low of a return at all, and therefore, I'm done with this show. I'd gladly just watch my season one tapes rather than pointless new episodes from my standpoint.

I think I've gotten my point across as to why I think the way I do. Take this into consideration, and then contradict me. I'm more than willing to debate.

For crying out loud man, you're a wreck. :\

Ash isn't some cocky hero kid anymore because he's matured. The guy is growing, so you can't exepct him to be the same forever. :\

Misty was monotone. Nothing but anger and "replace my bike". and after togepi the anger was replaced with peppiness. still monotone.

And Brock still does his woman things often enough. You obviously didn't see teh way he freaked when he saw Shiftry steal Nurse Joy. And did it ever occur to you that the reason why Brock doesn't do the hoenn POkemon and Max does is because Max is a Hoenner, and therefore has a greater expertise on teh matter than Brock? :\ He isn't all knowing, you know. And may is a peppy Adventurer,a dn has already proven to have developed quite fast as a traveler. she doesn't wine nearly as much as she used to, and tends to think much deeper than Misty other than when Misty gave her shipping hints. Jsut because May doesn't ahve a secret doesn't make her any less deep than Misty.

And the battles are cool. In my opinion, the lack of them was what nearly killed the show during that agonizingly long period between Ecruteak and Olivine.

Berkut Nightwolf

"From Russia with Love"
    Years
  • For crying out loud man, you're a wreck.

...And maybe you could do with a little competency and modesty? Seriously, thanks for insulting me. That'll definatly change my opinion.

As a fanfic writer, I've studied each character's attributes multiple times in just about every circumstance that has arisen within the series, and frankly, I have no clue where you get your ideas.

Ash isn't some cocky hero kid anymore because he's matured. The guy is growing, so you can't exepct him to be the same forever.

Offically, the Action Hero isn't growing. He's still the ten year old he always was. But even so, as people grow, they don't tend to abandon much of there unique personality attributes, especially arrogance, in such a short amount of time. As a matter of fact, much of it should be intensified. The more battles Ash wins, naturally, the cockier he would become due to no to minimal negative reprecussions.

Misty was monotone. Nothing but anger and "replace my bike". and after togepi the anger was replaced with peppiness. still monotone.

Didn't I explain Misty's specifics in persona? I reiterate that she was not all 'anger'. She was a whole lot more than just 'anger'. She was truely poly-emotional. It's just that certain areas were intensified to bring out an identifiable character. And I also explained that the reason she became nearly emotionless is because of Togepi. She wasn't common, like... *shudder* ...May. Just like every other female I've met in my life, she exactly like them: Preppy, ditzy, and just plain out pathetic at times. Not quite monotone, but in this case, slightly too identifiable and common.

And Brock still does his woman things often enough. You obviously didn't see teh way he freaked when he saw Shiftry steal Nurse Joy. And did it ever occur to you that the reason why Brock doesn't do the hoenn POkemon and Max does is because Max is a Hoenner, and therefore has a greater expertise on teh matter than Brock? He isn't all knowing, you know.

Don't go and assume anything about what I've seen and know. The words "often enough" with a back-up of one example, really don't qualify your point. And for the record, I didn't mention anything about extremism, I said, "often."

Is Brock from Johto? No. I don't think so, yet somehow or other, I beleive he gave out more information more often then even the PokeDex did in that particular area.

And may is a peppy Adventurer,a dn has already proven to have developed quite fast as a traveler. she doesn't wine nearly as much as she used to, and tends to think much deeper than Misty other than when Misty gave her shipping hints. Jsut because May doesn't ahve a secret doesn't make her any less deep than Misty.

A peppy adventurer. Sort of like Ash was in the first, second, and third seasons? A common 'fresh' character replacement at it's finest. Frankly, I haven't really seen May think very deep at all, as it's normally Ash, for whatever reason, who seems to have all the answers.

And did I mention one thing about Pokeshipping in that entire post? I certainly don't think so...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Let's stay at least a tiny bit on topic here. Misty made the cameo for two reasons.

First, she had to let the audience know that she still existed and had Togepi, and that life was good.

Second, if you watched any of the Japanese episodes, you know what I mean. Her voice deepened slightly. My friends, the purpose of these episodes was simply to show that the characters are getting to their teen years.

Finally, if you want Misty to come back, the answer is simple. Wait a while!! Brock came back, didn't he??

Mullet

Banned
    Years
  • It just went off and Poji Gyarados was awsome good thing it was part dragon and can learn fire type moves, and she stole Gary's pose, she kissed the ball. I don't think many people will be winning at the Cerulean City gym! :D

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I about lost it when Misty kissed the pokeball...that was SO AWESOME!!! I might make the pic of that my avatar for a while...wow, that was just amazing. Her Gyarados was beyond description in how amazing it was...now Misty finally has a strong pokemon...She just absolutely blew everything away with Gyarados.

This episode was even better than the last one...it was great to see Togepi finally evolve and then go away (no more leech!)...but I don't feel like reviewing it in detail right now XP

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Hey, people are stealing what I do! XD I actually pretend to kiss my Pok?mon/Pok?ball before I throw it in the game. ^0^ Anyway sweeties, I acutally cried when Togetic had to go...And the weirdest part is I saw the Japanese episode already, and I cried then too. :'( I'm a softy, okie?

And as for character devolepment, learn Japanese, go to Japan, and watch those episodes, and compare. XD

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • I know how you feel. I cried too! Oh, it was a really sad episode, espcially for Misty, she had to leave alot behind; Togepi, Ash, and Sarah! But, at the end of the episode, Misty made them promise to meet up again! So, there's no doubt in my mind that Misty will come back!

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    Sorry to all the Misty lovers,but i really don't like misty at all,she stole Ashes togepi,and she didnt even have on the show today did she?,i didnt get to see it all though,anyways she was just annoying when she was on,and now i guess thats Mays job now,oh well what can you do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2004
    I'm so ANGRY right now. I set my VCR to tape the show from 10-11 (I always add extra time just in case), and when I went to watch it they showed an intro to the episode ("Coming up next on KidsWB") and then I got to watch church for half an hour. What the heck? They introduced the show and everything, and then they blacked out and I'm thinking "yes, yes, yes", and then it shows church!!!! It was on the right channel and everything! GRRRRRRR! So angry. Supposedly it's on tomorrow morning (I'll believe it when I see it), so I'm just gonna set an alarm and check it out @ 8 in the morning. Anyway, also had a question: what is Sarah's Japanese name? Would it really translate into Sarah, or does the network just have no imagination? The Princess and the Togepi: Sarah=Princess (I should know since that's my name ;) ). Anyone know what her Japanese name is?

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
  • AdamHays said:
    Sorry to all the Misty lovers,but i really don't like misty at all,she stole Ashes togepi,and she didnt even have on the show today did she?,i didnt get to see it all though,anyways she was just annoying when she was on,and now i guess thats Mays job now,oh well what can you do?
    ..She didn't steal Togepi. o_O It CHOSE to be with her, not the other way around.

AMLover7 said:
    Anyway, also had a question: what is Sarah's Japanese name? Would it really translate into Sarah, or does the network just have no imagination? The Princess and the Togepi: Sarah=Princess (I should know since that's my name ). Anyone know what her Japanese name is?
    Her name's Princess Sera in the Japanese version, so it was changed to a pretty close enough name.

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • Misty was always my all time favorite character. For some reason I like Brendan ALOT and he was my favorite character. But its not the same. I mean you only get to see him at the very begginnig of Jirachi Wish Maker and they were just using him as an example. Ok going off topic.

Like I said its not the same so Misty is still my fave. At the end of Master Quest when I found out the were going to take Misty out of the anime I nearly cried. I was really ticked. Then they brought Brock back and I thought They have to bring Misty back now, right. Well she makes a couple of appearences, but that hardly makes up for her leaving. As for Misty being stuck at the gym, she tells us that. Her sisters are kindly leting her do all the work around the gym. So she has to stay and make sure the gym doesn't go to peices. The episodes where she came back were GREAT in my opinion. No I have never seen any in Japanese. I would like to but loading anything on this computer is enough to drive you mad. Maybe I'll by them someday. And I dont agree with Togepi being a leech. Remember if it wasn't for Togepi Misty wouldn't have come back at all. And its true that Misty isn't the hot headed red-head we all used to love but that doesn't make her any worse than she used to be.

May could never take Mistys place. I don't not like May, shes a fine character but Misty was never really a novice like her. Probably cause she grew up in the gym. May wanted adventure more than Pokemon. She didn't even like Pokemon. The only Pokemon Misty didn't like were bugs. Why I do't know, I think their cute. May would rather be in contests than battles. I don't think Misty would give up battling for that. But like I said its not like May is a bad character. May is no Misty thats clear to everyone, but then again Misty is no May. Its confusing unless you really think about it. You have to give May a chance. She hasn't been around as long as Misty and since she came when Misty left we see her as Mistys replacement. And because of that we all see May as the enemy that drove Misty out. But thats not true. Max didn't drive Brock out, so May won't drive maisty out. Not that she was supposed to in the first place.

Am I getting off topic again, sorry. Back to the episodes,

Yes it was very sad when Misty had to say goo-bye to Togetic. Maybe people think Togepi was a leech but Misty still loved it. She made that point ovious. Its true I was expecting a big reunion when Misty returned, and I was slightly dissapointed but I think the fact that she came back at all proves that we will see her again.

I'm really hoping that in the next season her sisters will get up of their butts and help, they've been gym leaders before so they can be gym leaders again. Once they help with the gym again Misty can leave and start traveling with Ash again. Maybe May will also travel with them. I don't think Max will. He'll probably get his first Pokemn and go off on his own adventure. I'd say alot maore about Ash, May, Max, and Brock but that would probably start another argument so I'll just leave it at that.

Back