• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    If I'm not using a sniper then I'm most likely rushing with a UMP with the typical rush setup. I prefer Stopping Power on it rather than Lightweight just because I can tell a noticeable different between the two perks on the UMP.
    Thing is though, that stopping power does absolutely nothing for a UMP. The UMP still takes 3 hits to kill with or without stopping power. =/

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Thing is though, that stopping power does absolutely nothing for a UMP. The UMP still takes 3 hits to kill with or without stopping power. =/
    That isn't taking into account what part of the body you hit them in. Just like with a sniper it's one shot with stopping power to the stomach, but without stopping power it's two shots to the stomach but still one shot to the chest or head. Like I said, I can tell a noticeable difference in power in the UMP depending on what red perk I use.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Been playing this a lot recently to complete all of my operations, only have sabotage left and it gets really annoying the amount of people that just play it for kills. I try rushing to the bomb plant, plant it only to see rest of my team set up with snipers at are spawn...

Still waiting on the new maps lol

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I can only think of maybe three spots in the game that will kill you if you jump from them, surely it isn't that big of an aid. If you were using something like Ninja or even Sitrep I'm sure it could help you a lot more. Commando is so ridiculous that it's gotten to the point of where I can't even defend small rooms anymore because someone will just lunge across it and kill me. This isn't Halo 3 and I don't have an energy sword, I don't need to be lunging in a war game.

It does come in handy against campers though... Idk, half of the things in the game are super cheap anyway so there is no use in complaining about just one perk.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
    I can only think of maybe three spots in the game that will kill you if you jump from them, surely it isn't that big of an aid. If you were using something like Ninja or even Sitrep I'm sure it could help you a lot more. Commando is so ridiculous that it's gotten to the point of where I can't even defend small rooms anymore because someone will just lunge across it and kill me. This isn't Halo 3 and I don't have an energy sword, I don't need to be lunging in a war game.

Getting knifed in MW2 isn't as humiliating anymore as it used to be. Not like the way it was in CoD4. Now, kniving is just a different strategy people are using.

If only there were flamethrowers... people wouldn't be as "knifey" as they usually are in this game.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    Anyone who uses Commando has absolutely no skill whatsoever in my book. That is the cheapest perk in CoD history. I would rather be last standed than killed by that perk.

I noticed the only ppl who complain about commando pro is those who cant use the knife.... I use it and I'd love for you to say I have no skill I am top 5000 leaderboards with 16 days of plying time....

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I noticed the only ppl who complain about commando pro is those who cant use the knife.... I use it and I'd love for you to say I have no skill I am top 5000 leaderboards with 16 days of plying time....
    I find it funny that you're saying the people who complain about the perk can't knife... and yet you're the one using a perk where you lunge from 10 feet away to get a knife kill. Yea... funny.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The majority of people who complain about knifing are campers...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

No, the majority of people who complain about Commando pro and knifing are skilled players who are sick to death of being lunged at from a length that outdoes the bayonettes from world at war and dying when really, if knifing was even remotely balanced it wlouldn't happen.

Years
    Complaining hasn't changed since CS 1.6.
    Everyone will always find a scape goat.

Agreed. There isn't a perfect game that everyone loves.

My PS3 exploded about a month ago, so I lost all my saves on MW2.
    Not really sad about it, as I hadn't played the game in about a month before hand.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I complain about commando and I used to use it. I've always said it was overpowered, and I know that for a fact because I've gotten hundreds of kills with it. I used Commando not because I can't knife (before I changed my controller layout I would knife all the time), but because it made it so damn easy to get knife kills (You can jump 10 feet to get a kill). I would use it with Hardline and I could get Harriers in no time (and I'm talking about open maps, and not camping a building). I could win an FFA match without camping, and without firing a single bullet, and when you can do that with one single perk then something is wrong.

And going by your reasoning... if they're camping you should be able to knife them without Commando. Commando isn't to take out campers... tubes, RPGs, and grenades is for killing campers. Commando is CoD's way to fix a broken knife system, only to have it even more broken with this crazy perk.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I complain about knifing because I'm a fan of the series and I hate to see it be ruined by nooby, cheap perks like commando. I don't camp, I never camp. I hate campers.

And to whoever was bragging about playtime, I have more than you so that means nothing. Like I said, if you use commando, you have no skill whatsoever. I don't care if you're ranked #1 in the leaderboards. It really is sad to see you people trying to defend a perk that is so unbalanced and gamebreaking. I mean, I can understand being bad at the game and having trouble getting kills, but needing something that lets you lunge across the room like you were catapulted just to get a kill is pathetic.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Quite frankly, Modern Warfare 2 takes no skill... the majority of perks and attachments on it are cheap so I am astounded that you all are jumping on one perk... and also, if you have that much playtime, you may not be without skill but you are surely without a life. ;)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Quite frankly, Modern Warfare 2 takes no skill... the majority of perks and attachments on it are cheap so I am astounded that you all are jumping on one perk... and also, if you have that much playtime, you may not be without skill but you are surely without a life. ;)

If it takes no skill why can't you get legit knife kills lmao.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    That's very original! The ol' "If I'm bad at this game then anyone good at it has no life." The same retort tactic used by many children on XBL. You really are sad. At least come up with something new.

And Fox is right. Maybe the way you play takes no skill, but there are people who play right and integrate actual skill into their game. Not everyone needs commando or noob tubes to get kills. That's where skill comes into play.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You guys are indeed losers... are you seriously denying that over 16 days of practice is having a life? But beyond that, I can kick arse with or without the perk... because any other perk is just as cheap.

Back