• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
  • You mean play with all the lag or what? If its lag because of the dedicated server thing, I rarely have to deal with that whenever I play on the ps3 or 360.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    No. I mean that now they have a matchmaking system like us, and private match player restrictions like us and all they've done is complain about it.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • It's funny seeing all the PC players complain now that they have to play like console players have for years.

Maybe that's why they started out as PC gamers in the first place, but after reading everything, MW2 sounds more ideal for us console gamers, as we're used to it. Sucks though. :P

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • No. I mean that now they have a matchmaking system like us, and private match player restrictions like us and all they've done is complain about it.
    Well you see, the thing is it makes it harder for players to make use of player made custom content, like maps, mods, weapons, etc. Sure, you have private matches, but those are on a much smaller scale and they really can't be run like a dedicated server can. I'm willing to try this IWnet thing out though, still kinda bummed about no dedicated servers.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    No dedicated servers will be forgotten soon enough IMO. People will realize the game is awsome without it and still love it. I don't see a reason for uproar.

Years
  • They will forget it? Do you even play games on the PC?
    Gears of War has no dedicated server support on the PC. Do you hear PC players discuss that game often?

Games like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2 wouldn't have reached the popularity they have if they didn't feature dedicated server support.

Years
    Gears of War has no dedicated server support on the PC. Do you hear PC players discuss that game often?

Games like Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2 wouldn't have reached the popularity they have if they didn't feature dedicated server support.

No-one does, thats why most of us have been trying to get away from the topic.

Years
  • Which is ironic because people are commenting on the subject as if they know anything about PC gaming.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • No dedicated servers will be forgotten soon enough IMO. People will realize the game is awsome without it and still love it. I don't see a reason for uproar.

You sir... have obviously never played a multiplayer PC game before. No doubt the game will still be awesome, though dedicated server support is a big thing for us PC gamers, and to many people who love to play with mods and such the game will probably seem bland and boring after a while without new and fun player made stuff to extend the life of the game. Like Avatar said, just look at Counter Strike, it's been around for 10 years and it's still one of the most popular games out there. Without the dedicated server and mod support, it wouldn't have lasted nearly this long. Like I said before, I'm willing to see how this whole IWnet thing will work out but that won't stop me from being a bit skeptical.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Hey. CoD6 is now on Garena. That's used to be the thing I used when I play CoD4 and 5. But it's a bit lag and a hastle, to tunnel users or whatnots.

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    I never said I played PC games. I only said that my opinion was that it won't matter in a few months.I know it's a big deal but to me there's worse things that could have happened.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Gears has no dedicated servers? This is the first I've heard of it. I guess Gears gamers weren't as loud and didn't go on about it as long as CoD players.

Anyway....

I have mixed feelings about the no party chat thing (more like you have to be in game chat, not only party but private chat as well).
    I think party chat hurt all game types when you took away players pointing out where people are (and in S&D you could say "He's over at ..."). And I can see that IW is trying to get that worked out, and trying to get a "community" going with people talking and playing with other new people. And in a way I like this, and on the other hand I don't think they should be able to restrict people form using it. I mean what happens if you have friends playing different games or game types? It kills the whole point of a party chat. I will admit, I wasn't in game chat 99% of the time, but that was because I didn't want to hear some stupid 10 year old run his mouth about how good he is at the game when he his kills is average. Or a bunch of 30 year olds who think they're awesome, and really in the military just because they play CoD.
    But who knows, I might make a few new friends out of this.

For whoever it was who used the G36C, I don't feel like scrolling back up :/, they aren't putting it in MW2.

I'll continue to use the A40A3, Acog, Bandolier, Stopping Power, andddddddddddd Deep Impact.

That's all I needed. Occasionally I went Scilenced AK47U, Stopping, Bandolier, and DI.
    No, I guess the G36C won't be in MW2.
    And do you mean the M40A3 (you said A40)? If so then it won't be in MW2.
    And as for the AK... are you talking about the AK-47 (Assault Rifle) or the AK-74U (Sub-Machine Gun). Because the AK-47 will be the last weapon you get in the game, and the AK-74U will not be in MW2.

It's funny seeing all the PC players complain now that they have to play like console players have for years.
    I couldn't agree more. And all the dedicated servers talk overshadowing the game has made me care less about what the PC gamers are getting. If they want to get it then they can, but I'll be picking up the exact same game they're getting in 4 days.... just without all the complaining.

For anyone who hasn't seen it... here is the MW2 Launch Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ

And here is the full multiplayer weapon list (plus perks, deathstreaks, attachments, and camo).
    https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/multiplayer-unlocks

Years
  • The 'for years' argument doesn't really hold up on either side, though.
    PC gamers have had dedicated server support for years (over a decade actually) just like console gamers have had matchmaking 'for years'.

Gears has no dedicated servers? This is the first I've heard of it. I guess Gears gamers weren't as loud and didn't go on about it as long as CoD players.
    That's because Gears tanked on the PC. Lack of server support being one of the contributing factors along with Microsoft trying to force Live subscriptions on PC as well which we all know didn't work out for them, what with it being free now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for the weapon list, Arcanine.

I don't like the way they've made 'equipment', no grenades if you want claymores? :l

Resurrected with no juggernaut (?) though.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Can't wait for COD:MW2. I loved COD4, so hopefully this will impress me. Some new features are nice.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Thanks for the weapon list, Arcanine.

I don't like the way they've made 'equipment', no grenades if you want claymores? :l

Resurrected with no juggernaut (?) though.
    I will have to play it to see how it all works. I mean at first I didn't like the idea of "You can't have a frag if you have a claymore" because I use my claymores but... well we'll see. At least there's no 3 frags.

And as for Juggernaut... I'm glad it's a Deathstreak.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Woo! Goodbye CoD4! Hello Mw2! Tho,imma miss the M40A3 D': Fave quickscope weapon ever <3

I don't quickscope but I too am gonna miss it very much. It's the only sniper riffle I use. :( I'm disappointed that there's only 4 in MW2. They should have kept them all and added the two new ones into the game.

Back