• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 3

Years
  • I think they should integrate combat training and spec ops as some of the spec ops mode would train you a bit in the game.

As someone who simply uses combat training to have a laugh getting a 100 killstreak against recruit it makes a lot of sense.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think that they should focus on the matchmaking system of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer. In hindsight, having a 15th prestige level 50 in Black Ops face against level 23 no prestige is unfair in my opinion. The fact that you prestige means that you want to invest more of your time into the game and facing other like minded prestige players would be the best way to improve.

In my opinion: your rank, stats and prestige should definitely affect the players you get matched up against because it should yield fairer and less frustrating games. Not to mention those people who think they're amazing because they killed a bunch of level 7's in a Free-For-All would be surprised when they face off against people closer to their level. I guess people don't find a challenge fun anymore. What do you guys think?

Also, there has to be a matchmaking option to choose whether to only be put into a lobby of a game before it is starting, be chucked into the middle of an ongoing game where 90% of the time, you're losing, or both. I know I would definitely go for the first option.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think that they should focus on the matchmaking system of Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer. In hindsight, having a 15th prestige level 50 in Black Ops face against level 23 no prestige is unfair in my opinion. The fact that you prestige means that you want to invest more of your time into the game and facing other like minded prestige players would be the best way to improve.
    Prestige =/= Skill rank. Just because someone has but a ton of time into the game doesn't make them good. I've seen 15th prestiges on Black Ops have like 30+ days of playtime and they can't pull their weight in a TDM and they're trying (not running around with random weapons, they are trying to win). Or see these high prestiges have like a .68 K/D.

In my opinion: your rank, stats and prestige should definitely affect the players you get matched up against because it should yield fairer and less frustrating games. Not to mention those people who think they're amazing because they killed a bunch of level 7's in a Free-For-All would be surprised when they face off against people closer to their level. I guess people don't find a challenge fun anymore. What do you guys think?
    On paper this is a good idea, but the way it is now... if you get put into a room full of good people on the same skill level (lets say there was a system to track your "skill level") it all comes down to connection. Personally I don't want to be put in a room full of people as good as me, as it is now I die from people who I'm shooting first but since they have the better connection they get the kill. How much worse would it be if I'm going up against a team full of people who have lightning fast reflexes and able to lock on to a target as soon as they see someone? I was in a full party with friends and all of us have really high K/D's and another party of 6 got put in the room and they also had really high K/D's. They had host connection, all of them had 4 bar and all of us had 3. The first map we played was WMD, we won that one because it's more of a long range map and we could get them before they got close. Next map was Nuke Town and they walked all over us and we couldn't do anything about it. Why couldn't we do anything? Because they had 4 bar and we had 3, up close the host/4 bar connection is so strong. On WMD we could get away, get to cover or whatever.

So if I had to deal with that in every TDM or S&D game then I wouldn't be playing the series. Not because I'm bad against good teams, it's just my connection can't stand up to to others.
    Now if they had dedicated servers like any smart billion dollar company then this wouldn't be a prob. If we had servers then I'd like to see 2 sets of playlists... the current one we have now and call that "Unranked", you still get level up and prestige and all of that, but it's like we have now you get put in a room with different ranks. And then we have a "Ranked" playlist. In this playlist you have a rank next to your name or prestige or whatever. In this playlist you don't have tubes, you don't have claymores, etc. It's just your gun skills and smarts vs people around your rank. And in this playlist you can go up and down in rank depending on how good or bad you do in games.
    The reason why I'd like to see two different playlists is because it'd get stressful to play against good people all the time.

In case you guys didn't see...

This is the E3 demo at the Microsoft Press Con. That would be the great Robby B playing the game.
    https://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-call-of/714815

Here's a different gameplay vid (this one is 13 mins long and IMO a lot better then the one above).
    https://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-call-of/714783

And the last one here is a short interview with the Co-Founder of Sledgehammer Games. He keeps saying "Modern 2"... really? Who calls MW2 "Modern 2"? He even says "Modern 3".
    https://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-call-of/715366

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I'd probably get it if they didn't make a new one every year. I mean geeze, I just started playing Black Ops, and I'm only level 28, no prestige x: I might get it so I can start fresh with everyone else, but idk, CoD isn't my cup of tea.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Rehash of Modern Warfare 2? Trailer hardly did anything for me, I guess I'll wait for the MP reveal trailer; either way I'm not overly excited for this game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hope that there is a zombies function on it (Like on world at war and black ops)

It's an Infinity Ward game, meaning there won't be zombies since that's something that's unique to the Treyarch titles. There will however be a similar survival-type game mode within the revamped Spec Ops mode.

Here's some (bad) screenshots and a little bit of video showcasing it,
    https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/spec-ops-video-images

Also, there was a massive Q&A hosted on Reddit by Robert Bowling,
    https://www.modernwarfare247.com/news/mw3-402-qa-session

Lots of interesting tidbits mainly about the campaign and Spec Ops, but there is some little insight about the MP, worth checking out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm a huge CoD fan, but if this game doesn't have dedicated servers then I don't know how much I'll be playing it. It's been too long without them, and I'm tired bad connection BS happening constantly. If I play anything this fall, it'll be BF3 or Gears 3.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    From what I've seen watching the trailers, Modern Warfare 3 looks a bit too similar to Modern Warfare 2. While watching E3, I noticed all the guns that were shown in the campaign were the same as in MW2. It just seems like Infinity Ward became lazy and are just cashing out on the Call of Duty name now.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I don't have a prob with a new CoD game coming out every year (to me it gets boring to play the same game for 2 or 3 years, I don't care if new maps comes out, I want some weapons and perks). Nor do I have a prob with MW3 looking a lot like MW2 (I think the weapons in MW2 are fun to use), I mean it is a sequel.

As far as MW3... I don't care about graphics, I mean if it's the same as MW2 then so be it. I'm just looking for gameplay and some "new stuff". Discounting the singleplayer (because I do want to see how the story goes), I'd be fine with MW3 just being MW2 but more or less getting new maps with some new weapons and perk redoing (and dedicated servers... but I've already said that around 200 times in any thread that has to do with CoD XD).

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't have a prob with a new CoD game coming out every year (to me it gets boring to play the same game for 2 or 3 years, I don't care if new maps comes out, I want some weapons and perks). Nor do I have a prob with MW3 looking a lot like MW2 (I think the weapons in MW2 are fun to use), I mean it is a sequel.

As far as MW3... I don't care about graphics, I mean if it's the same as MW2 then so be it. I'm just looking for gameplay and some "new stuff". Discounting the singleplayer (because I do want to see how the story goes), I'd be fine with MW3 just being MW2 but more or less getting new maps with some new weapons and perk redoing (and dedicated servers... but I've already said that around 200 times in any thread that has to do with CoD XD).

I agree. It is a direct sequel to it after all, and it's very understandable that they'd want to work on more important things than the graphics of this particular game (considering there's really nothing wrong with MW2 graphics.) I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect some sort of upgrade in that department though, but I'm just fine with the way it is. I'd much rather see what they come up with to make the multiplayer refreshing, such as new game modes (hopefully, pleaaase!), weapons, perk system, and all that good stuff. It also seems like they've put a lot of work into revamping Spec Ops, and by the sound of it all, it should be fun.

But yeah, people complaining about the game looking more like MW2 than an upgraded BF3-esque sequel need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Yes, it's true that BF3's graphics look beautiful. But if I was given a choice between the two, I would honestly pick CoD over BF3, and that's got nothing to do with the graphics, but more to do with the great gameplay it offers me (that nifty 60fps is great too.)

I guess I broke off from the discussion a bit, lol. I just get tired of the two games being compared solely for their graphics, when they're both bringing two completely different things to the table.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • I just can't wait for MW3.

MW1 and MW2 are G R E A T, and i can't wait for the third. I expect better graphics, and more realistic gameplay...

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    the storyline look amazing so far, ive played modern warfare 1 and 2 and can wait to see how this ww3 idea plays off. but i cant help but wonder how that rumor it was a prequel where u play as ghost started. that wouldve been pretty cool. anyways i cant wait for mw3, hopefully it fixes everything black ops and mw2 did wrong.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So they're having this massive event in LA called Call of Duty XP. Life-size replica of the MW2 map Scrapyard will be used for paintball games. You'll also get to 'run' The Pit map as well. They're going to have a Multiplayer reveal as well, where you'll even get to play the multiplayer and Spec Ops. You'll get to see all the features of CoD Elite as well. Also be a Q&A's with the developers.

Pretty cool stuff, I'd definitely go if I lived over on that side of the country. $150 a ticket doesn't sound too bad, and it all apparently goes to that Veteran's fundraiser thing they've got. I'm also going to guess that this will be their online beta of sorts, rather than having a full-on public beta release. Though, this is maybe too early for such a thing? Either way, I can't wait to see the MP in action.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    I did not love Black Ops but I did enjoy WaW and MW2 so I hope MW3 is a step up from Black Ops and still has the feeling of MW2 and WaW!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    I look forward to the release, many others say is a flop it's a revolution ... time will answer

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Years
  • Well, my Brother decided to blow our store cred at Gamestop to reserve MW3, it better be good. -_- Haven't heard much on it since the trailer was released.

Back