• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
  • Ok, so my Togepi egg hatched, it's level 13 now.

Currently headbutting trees in Azalea looking for an Aipom.
    What's funny is that I'm seeing so many Heracross and I haven't even seen an Aipom yet.
    Is there a certain time of the day when Aipom can be encountered?

Years
  • Ok, so my Togepi egg hatched, it's level 13 now.

Currently headbutting trees in Azalea looking for an Aipom.
    What's funny is that I'm seeing so many Heracross and I haven't even seen an Aipom yet.
    Is there a certain time of the day when Aipom can be encountered?

IIRC, you need to headbutt certain trees.
    To quote from Drayano's guide, "return to Azalea Town and Headbutt the tree that is in the top left corner of the wall of trees that is behind the Pokemon Center. The first front tree that you can hit with Headbutt behind the center on the far left that is in the back row contains Heracross and Aipom. However, they will only be about Level 5.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • IIRC, you need to headbutt certain trees.
    To quote from Drayano's guide, "return to Azalea Town and Headbutt the tree that is in the top left corner of the wall of trees that is behind the Pokemon Center. The first front tree that you can hit with Headbutt behind the center on the far left that is in the back row contains Heracross and Aipom. However, they will only be about Level 5.

Oh, ok, thanks.

So you can catch them any time of the day?

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    I need to stop slacking around. While I was grinding, I fell asleep while my DS was on, it died, and I lost a bit of progress, but it wasn't much, so it won't be hard to get back. I promise I'll stop being so lazy. :P I just dunno when. Hopefully very, very soon. Tomorrow I won't get anything done since I have a lot to do. Blargh.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    What other Pokemon are you planning on capturing?

Haven't really thought about it. I do know I want a Wigglytuff, but I'll have to wait until I can find Jigglypuff, the earliest being in the Safari Zone, so I've still got quite a ways to go for that. Not to mention finding a Moon Stone.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Hey, can you change my challenge to a steel one? Because I have already started that...

Years
  • Woah, didn't know about the Moon Stone thing.

I really want to start a normal monotype, but so many people are doing it, it makes me lose interest.. ><
    I'm playing an Emerald rush now (for fun because my brother's playing it too), now at the 7th gym. Started today LOL.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Wow i spend hours catching the right nature Magnemite - it really waste a long of time on it . At least now i can play & Progress it during the weekend as i have 4 stable Pokemon in my team now :)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Username:Butterfree-Charizard
    Type:Bug
    Version:Soul Silver
    I can use an egg as a starter right?

Only if your type is rare....bugs are not.

Well I played my normal challenge for a little while. It was
    actually fun. I was training my miltank and I found another snubbull within 10 minutes of grass running. I caught it and it turned out to have a better nature than my previous snubbull.

I trained Tauros and Miltank to lvl 24. I brought snubbull to about 20 and headed into the Burned Tower. I defeated my rival again (quite easily) and then healed up and ran into the gym. Being as all the women in here were old hags I defeated them with Snubbull's bite. (Hurray for immunities!!) Once I made it to Morty, I defeated his first two pokemon with Snubbull. Once he sent out gengar I switched to Raticate. I used crunch and it knocked off a large chunk of health. However he used hypnosis and it landed. I switched out to Tauros and used payback. With Gengar down I knew the last Haunter would be easy so I sent out Snubbull. Haunter used curse and then Snubbull finished it off with just one bite. Snubbull made it to about lvl 21-22 or so. With his defeat, he conceded the badge.

I then heard a beautiful woman was being bothered so I, the defender of women, proceeded there. The team rocket member was dancing and harassing her. She wore a kimono so I will name her Kimono Girl. The grunt sent out Golbat quickly so I defeated it with Snubbull.

Some creepy old man gave me his HM03 surf. Gave it to totodile and know I'm on my way to Olivine where Snubbull evolved at 23. Mr. Granbull is my new powerhouse.

I'll add teh picz0rs l8r

Years
  • Am I the only one who likes Kangashkan? My sole reason for wanting to do a normal run is because of Kangaskhan and probably Miltank.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Khangaskan is good too. I'm not sure where to get him.

Years
  • Khangaskan is good too. I'm not sure where to get him.

AFAIK, Safari Zone Wasteland/Rock Tunnel (of course not there omg so late)

I like Kangaskhan because of OUTRAGE. OMG!! I didn't know he learns it until a few weeks ago.

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
  • Okay,so I'll do another challenge!
    Name:Kurumi
    Type:Ghost
    Game:HeartGold
    I am in Union Cave right now.
    My team is 4 Gastly,Totodile the HM Slave and Egg of Togepi(too lazy to drop it) I'll give detailed info about pokemon after beating the Bug-type Gym! See ya!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back