• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yo dr. Faustus you're gonna have to box one of your guys. The rule that's been established is 3 eggs now. Rules are rules man.

Weavile's gonna have to wait.

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Yo, Ej. I think Ian Watkins has finished his challenge, I just noticed that he's not on the Champions list. Just in case you missed him ;)

Edit: Defeated Erika and Janine with Houndoom :P

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Thanks Sleet! =]

I think I'm going to stick aroun for a bit, though my next monotype will be flying... I won't do it for quite a bit though. xD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Thanks Sleet! =]

I think I'm going to stick aroun for a bit, though my next monotype will be flying... I won't do it for quite a bit though. xD

Cool, After this Im doing the Ultimate Solo-Challenge then Im coming back to this to do a Dragon mono-type ;)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @Ian_Watkins: Haha you could have told me =P

I'm very sorry, I'll correct that right away. Do you have a line that you would like immortalized? Also I think you're our first female champion. I'll double check. Oh polkop was #1, nvm xD

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Yeah, my line will be....

"You don't need a full team of six to complete this challenge, just good strategies and training! =]"

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • That's Brock and Blaine down now. Only Blue left then on to Red.

@Ian Watkins, Nice quote ;)

Edit: Blue's down and out. Onto Red, maybe I'll beat him first time, maybe it'll take me 50 soft reset's. Either way I'll keep you updated

Well, Im at Red, Hope it goes well *Gulp*

There's my first soft reset :/

This is Impossible. My pokemon are mostly the same level as his, yet every one of his Pokemon have a move which is super effective agains mine >=(

5 soft resets now. I'll get there eventually

6 Resets. Basically Blastoise has a moveset which contain moves that are super effective against every one of my Pokemon :(

I think i've got him on the ropes here :) Pikachu, Blastoise and Lapras are down ;)

Scary moment there with Venasaur, Took Tyranitar down to about a quarter health, but I crit-killed it with Stone Edge =), Getting really lucky this time :)

Snorlax's health is Massive :P

3 Earthquakes and it's still there :/

Damn Full Restore :(

It's down! 4 earthquakes and the last one was a Crit :P

Anyway Im done!, Charizard was a peice of Cake, 2 surfs from Sharpedo was enough to take it down. Lapras was tricky just due to it's HP but didn't really do any major damage. Pikachu was a Pikachu really, Fast but OHKO from an Earthquake. Snorlax didnt do major damage but it's health was extremely high. Venesaur was pretty half and half it did a lot of Damage but only because I missed twice. Blastoise was a real pain due to it's health and it's stupid super-effective against every one of my Pokemon moveset, I got lucky in the end though I got a crit crunch, It missed with focus blast and I got another crit with crunch which was enough to take it out :)

It's been great fun I have to say, I enjoyed getting replay value out of my Heart gold game. Im definately going to do a dragon mono-type after I do an Ultimate solo challenge. :)

Final Team:

"Big Yin" ( Felt it necessery to change the nickname :P ) the Tyranitar
    Level 86
    -Rock Climb
    -Dark Pulse
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake

Saturn the Sharpedo
    Level 81
    -Surf
    -Ice Fang
    -Crunch
    -Strength

Mercury the Murkrow
    Level 80
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sucker Punch
    -Fly
    -Faint Attack

Houndoom
    Level 82
    -Ember
    -Flamethrower
    -Crunch
    -Fire Fang

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sleet, do you want any words immortalized? Congrats to both of you guys btw.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Stupid Elm and his stupider Eggs. Why do I have to lug this around anyways? Couldn't he have pawned this thing off to Lyra? Screw it, I'm making an omelet. You escaped me once, PokeOmelet. It won't happen again...

Pretty lights...

Way to ruin the mood, *******. Can't you all go die in a fire somewhere?

No, I will not. I am a heartless man, caring only for myself. In reality, I'm a city boy. That took the midnight train going...

A
    N
    Y
    W
    H
    E
    R
    E

Hell yeah! I love fishing. This is gonna be awesome.

...**** you too.

I heard about your Magikarp Power. I am intrigued. Show me this 'Power' of yours, Magikarp. Use that high-powered Splash attack!

Poli! You have no freaking idea how long it took to catch one of these.

Or one of them.

Or even one of these. Poli attacked the weak point for massive damage.

Spoiler:

Oh
    Mah
    Gawd!

...Sweet.

Gyarados @ Level 20
    - Bite
    - Splash
    - Tackle

Wooper @ Level 17
    - Water Gun
    - Tail Whip
    - Slam
    - Mud Shot

Krabby @ Level 17
    - Mud Sport
    - BubbleBeam
    - ViceGrip
    - Leer

Croconaw @ Level 18
    - Scratch
    - Leer
    - Water Gun
    - Bite

Goldeen @ Level 17
    - Peck
    - Water Pulse
    - Horn Attack
    - Supersonic

Poliwag @ Level 17
    - DoubleSlap
    - Bubble
    - Hypnosis
    - Water Gun

Pokemon I Plan on Catching: Slowpoke, Horsea, Chinchou, Corsola, Marill, Psyduck, Seel, Staryu, Vaporeon.

tl;dr

I'm gonna catch every ****ing Water-type Pokemon that I can for this challenge.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Sleet, do you want any words immortalized? Congrats to both of you guys btw.

Ermm... I cant think of anything quirky or quick witted so i'll just copy a famous one with my own twist. How about "I came I grinded, I failed a few times, but finally. I conquered". It's not the best but it'll do ;)

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    My save file got corrupted. Damn. I gotta do this again from the start T_T

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • ^ Happens on occasion with emulators, for god knows what reason. Happened to me right before I was fighting Falkner the first time.

Anyway, defeated Blaine and Blue. Grinding for Red right now. (I'll post the pics of Blaine/Blue when I post pics of Red. XD)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Ermm... I cant think of anything quirky or quick witted so i'll just copy a famous one with my own twist. How about "I came I grinded, I failed a few times, but finally. I conquered". It's not the best but it'll do ;)

Nah it's cool lol Neways, List updated so it's all good.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I already have an egg for Murkrow and Larvitar in my team, but can't decide on the last egg. Should I use Corphish, Carvanha, Houndour, Cacnea or Stunky?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I would pick Carvanha. Sharpedo is a great underrated pokemon. Once he's packing aqua jet, crunch, ice fang, waterfall/surf then he's sweet.

I just remembered my sig roflmao..:that was unintentional haha

Years
  • Anyway Im done!, Charizard was a peice of Cake, 2 surfs from Sharpedo was enough to take it down.

Could've OHKOed through Stone Edge. :D

It's been great fun I have to say, I enjoyed getting replay value out of my Heart gold game. Im definately going to do a dragon mono-type after I do an Ultimate solo challenge. :)

I thought of doing a Dragon monotype too.. I might try it after my ultimate solo challenge.

Way to ruin the mood, *******. Can't you all go die in a fire somewhere?

I totally LOLed at this.

For anyone doubting the authenticity of those last two captures, check bulbapedia. It plainly states that Goldeen can be caught in Dark Cave, and Krabby in Cherrygrove City. I checked...twice...then thrice.

Woah, I totally didn't know that. What about Poliwag? Water types really get a lot of choices eh.. Sounds fun.

My save file got corrupted. Damn. I gotta do this again from the start T_T

I'm really sorry to hear that oh man.

^ Happens on occasion with emulators, for god knows what reason. Happened to me right before I was fighting Falkner the first time.

Anyway, defeated Blaine and Blue. Grinding for Red right now. (I'll post the pics of Blaine/Blue when I post pics of Red. XD)

Don't grind!! :D

Yeah sometimes if you see "Memory messed up." from no$gba, good luck.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
  • Woah, I totally didn't know that. What about Poliwag? Water types really get a lot of choices eh.. Sounds fun.

Poliwag I caught in Violet City, by mistake actually. When I was reading Bulbapedia, I thought it said it had a 15% Encounter Rate in Violet City, as opposed to to 5% Rate everywhere else with the Old Rod. Come to find out, I screwed up and read the original G/S/C Encounter Rate list.

So, in the end, I went back to Violet City for nothing. Worked out though, since Dark Cave was just next door, and Cherrygrove just two routes away.

Also, as soon as I get the Good Rod, I'm going back to New Bark Town and catching me a Chinchou. But first, catching a Slowpoke in Slowpoke Well.

Edit: Oh shi-! Just found out I can catch a Tentacruel on Route 32 with my Old Rod. Oh hell yeah, I'm so catching that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back