• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Newsletter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    PC did have a REAL newsletter that we emailed to all members every so often.. had the latest news from around the Poke world and latest posts, info and what not.

It had it's own custom page design (and was available online as well for those with html challenged email clients)

It COULD be brought back with a dedicated staff or ??

Years
    I don't favour this idea because the news letter may go ahead, but who'd read it?
    Now, you optimistic types might go ahead with things such as "Everyone will read it" or "I'd read it" or "We can promote it" but really, do either of those statements/ideas really work?
    Just me.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Oh i one of the people in favor of this. Seriosuly with proper staff and everything we could have a really cool thing happening. I would love to help with it and see it happen. Ok so this isnt exactly only pokemon but we could always have a multitude of newsletters like the main general pokemon one or one to apitite other stuff such as video games music and movies. Sounds good no? I want one btw.
    What the hell people besides pokemon this forum does have people who dont take part in such things and do take part in music movies and other video games. So why cant we appeal to both groups with 2 seperate newsletters? Read clearer next time.

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Sounds like fail to me. This has been suggested a multitude amount of times and it's never gone ahead. I don't actually see anyone who would be willing to do it.

I would be willing to make a news paper.

I was over at Scribblers Abode, a Sims 2 Forum that I used to hang out at, and one thing that I've always liked about SA is the monthly newsletter. They have a team of members, kind of like a news team, that work on a monthly newsletter... secretly, in a password protected forum section.

I thought, maybe with a bit of determination and well thought out ideas, we could have something of the like here at PC. Now, I know some of are going to be like; "No that's a terrible idea!", "I like it, but it would be too much work." or "What's a newsletter?"

I don't mind all the flame of coming up with this idea, but I'm just saying that it would be nice to be able to read/view a newsletter created by our fellow members. Don't let me make the decision for you... now, DISCUSS!
    I like this idea, like I said when I saw this idea from another person "Barely a month ago" I like it and would be willing to help with it.

PC did have a REAL newsletter that we emailed to all members every so often.. had the latest news from around the Poke world and latest posts, info and what not.

It had it's own custom page design (and was available online as well for those with html challenged email clients)

It COULD be brought back with a dedicated staff or ??
    So your saying it's staff only?

Because I would like to work on a news letter "If this idea goes any further then this thread, but we all know it will go further then this thread, because someone will suggest it again next month"

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I would love to help and/or make the newletter. I'm sure in the weekends I would have free time to write some articles.

Suggestions

-An Interview with the MOTM
    -Info on new Pokemon Releases
    -Info about new themes and such
    -Talk with all the winners of HOTW in the month
    -New things to come to Pokecommunity

More things probably would be included.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    I would love to help and/or make the newletter. I'm sure in the weekends I would have free time to write some articles.

Suggestions

-An Interview with the MOTM
    -Info on new Pokemon Releases
    -Info about new themes and such
    -Talk with all the winners of HOTW in the month
    -New things to come to Pokecommunity

More things probably would be included.
    There you have it, 2 members that are willing to help:D, me and Sweet, (I didn't really put much effort into reading the long posts in the front, so if anyone implied they wanted to help then sorry).

EDIT:
    Suggestion:
    We could also interview the winners of other categories of member of the month, like the one who won in most categories and so on, and if someone was winning something for the first time, then they could be interviewed.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    There you have it, 2 members that are willing to help:D, me and Sweet, (I didn't really put much effort into reading the long posts in the front, so if anyone implied they wanted to help then sorry).

EDIT:
    Suggestion:
    We could also interview the winners of other categories of member of the month, like the one who won in most categories and so on, and if someone was winning something for the first time, then they could be interviewed.
    I agree, all this will make a fun based community newsletter for everyone to read and enjoy.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I think the newsletter is a good idea, but the interview with the MOTM a little silly.

Most members aren't even going to know who they are, it's mainly only people who post in the off-topic discussions that vote.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I guess I may as well give up on the idea, it's just... PC feels like it has come to a stop. Not moving forward with new ideas... just sitting still. *shrugs*

...I realize that your profile is new, so please do not take this as personal flaming or insulting, but... Visitor Messages, Blogs, and Emblems did not exist on this forum a year ago. These are all relatively new ideas for the forum that people have made full use of for their enjoyment. Emblems in particular are still quite new in the forum's lifetime, so I do not see how you might think that the forum is frozen in place as far as new innovations. It is honestly a bit unfair to the staff to expect new ideas every single month, after all.

As for the newsletter idea...it has been suggested before, yet I have no problems with it as long as enough appropriate material could be collected. I doubt interviewing the Member of the Month would count, though, all things considered.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years

EDIT:
    Suggestion:

Hey I said I would help too xD

I still think it's a good idea.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Wow, lots of people willing to help!
    This is a welcome change to yesterday's... arguements.

Well, it would be easier if we had a place to work... but I don't think the admins would want to create a subsection for us. So, I guess we could try to make an issue and post it here so that the members could get a look at it. Then, maybe after a few issues, we could get a place to work...

So, anyone that is willing to help, please send me a PM stating how and what you could do to help get this idea off the ground.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Wow, lots of people willing to help!
    This is a welcome change to yesterday's... arguements.

Well, it would be easier if we had a place to work... but I don't think the admins would want to create a subsection for us. So, I guess we could try to make an issue and post it here so that the members could get a look at it. Then, maybe after a few issues, we could get a place to work...

So, anyone that is willing to help, please send me a PM stating how and what you could do to help get this idea off the ground.

Lol at "lots". Three people isn't lots. xD

Anyway, it's possible, it'll just be really hard. :\

Over at ROM Hacking, we have RHN - the ROM Hacking newsletter, which is really, really, successful. Now, if that can work in the biggest(?) section of PC, then it should be able to work, with a couple of times more work, for the whole of PC. Theoretically, at any rate.

Anyway, I can help. I dunno, designing the letter? :P

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I would be able to help. I am quite teh stalker. Hell, people yell "Stalker" at me everytime I walk near them.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    I would be willing to help out in maybe checking out some of the rps and fanfics if you want (You suggested it earlier). Well, I help in anyway that I can ^^

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Okay so now there are 6 people willing to help:D, that seems like a good start.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    So here's what I think. I'm sorry if somebody's already mentioned it, but anyway...

I remember somebody mentioning to send it out by email. I think this would do for a project like this. We could try to spread the word somehow about the production of a new Newsletter coming soon and then people could subscribe for the letter. We only send the letter out to people who have subscribed, of course. This could be easier than trying to post it up here, where it may kind of hide and never be read. Just my suggestion......

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    So here's what I think. I'm sorry if somebody's already mentioned it, but anyway...

I remember somebody mentioning to send it out by email. I think this would do for a project like this. We could try to spread the word somehow about the production of a new Newsletter coming soon and then people could subscribe for the letter. We only send the letter out to people who have subscribed, of course. This could be easier than trying to post it up here, where it may kind of hide and never be read. Just my suggestion......
    If we make it I think we should send it by E-mail, and post a copy on the forum, I mean doing both won't hurt anyone.:D

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    If we make it I think we should send it by E-mail, and post a copy on the forum, I mean doing both won't hurt anyone.:D

True... very true, Angela. =P

I think we should post a copy on the forum as well as sending it via E-mail to people who have asked for it. But, that's not our biggest priority right now... maybe we could try planning what we want in the first issue and who is going to contribute what, as well as how many pages we're going to have.

So, do you want to make it like they do at SA? Where they make beautifully detailed pages that look like they come straight from a magazine. Or, do you want to make it like the RHN? Where it's just written down and then posted on the forum with a theme added to make it snazzy.

P.S. - Seeing as we're just starting to get this idea off the ground, why don't we make this thread our HQ for the time being?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I would definatley help out with a PC Newsletter. It would be fun, and get people to be more active. If it does happen, we have enough members to give ideas, etc. I'm an active RPer in both forums [Pokemon More though] and I can also pretty well cover any of the games forums [mostly advanced gen and D/P/Pt and general pokemon]

I think that a staff member should lead the newletter [like Oni or a writer/staffer that is interested] and he/she/it should make an aplication for people to sign up. We could have an article per active forum and have a newsletter every month, or even every week if we work hard enough.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Well, it's a good idea. And I wouldn't mind helping out.

And..

I think that a staff member should lead the newletter [like Oni or a writer/staffer that is interested] and he/she/it should make an application for people to sign up.

Lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back