• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Newsletter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Thanks for that, .Sublime. =)

You suggested the main article being about the forming of the news team, so would you like me to PM you with what I've got written?

Just a few warnings; I'm not sure what sort of length we're going for so it might be a bit short (or possibly long), also... I tried to add a bit of humour (which might have failed) and finally it's all pretty much from my point of view.

So, what do you say? Do you want to take a look at it?

Sure, go ahead ^_^

As for length, the main article should be longish while secondary articles just a bit shorter IMO :]

Actually Kev only revived a idea that has been popping up around the Q&F section every ones in a while, so I say Kev has to be voted like the rest of us.

...Oh

Well, I still go with him xD

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Kev XY, you will run this if this will end up as a Tyrannic ruled project.

The only time you will see "AdvancedK9" and "Organized" in the same sentence, is when "isn't" is between them. I'll stick to comic reviewing and maybe making if I can gather more tutorials and resources.

Would Non-Pokemon comics be good?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Actually Kev only revived a idea that has been popping up around the Q&F section every ones in a while, so I say Kev has to be voted, just like the rest of us.

Thank you for saying that, Angela!

I didn't want to be given an unfair advantage just because I created this thread, it may have given me a bad rep that I get an instant by to be Lead Editor.

So, the candidates for Lead Editor (so far) are:
    Kev XY
    Angela

Feel free to run for Lead Editor yourself. =)

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    If this does end up as a Tyrannic ruled project, and kev is the tycoon, then I would like to offer to be assistant leader, you may ask why,

Well I get things done I can multi task I'm organized, and I would like to handle the member interviews I really like communicating with people:D, I'm a people person.

Thank you for saying that, Angela!

I didn't want to be given an unfair advantage just because I created this thread, it may have given me a bad rep that I get an instant by to be Lead Editor.

So, the candidates for Lead Editor (so far) are:
    Kev XY
    Angela

Feel free to run for Lead Editor yourself. =)
    Well I figured someone that comes here only with criticism in mind would say this just to shoot this down, so I said it, to reduce interuptions.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    If this does end up as a Tyrannic ruled project, and kev is the tycoon, then I would like to offer to be assistant leader, you may ask why,

Well I get things done I can multi task I'm organized, and I would like to handle the member interviews I really like communicating with people:D, I'm a people person.

Well I figured someone that comes here only with criticism in mind would say this just to shoot this down, so I said it, to reduce interuptions.

Perfect! Cause I'm not...

And don't worry, if I'm Lead Editor you will surely be my second in command.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years

I second that. And vice-versa if Angela gets the Lead Editor.

I know that I would do much better sticking to editing one section. xD

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    [EDIT: I started this post when .Sublime said:Of course, Kev XY should be "Head Editor" since it was his idea.]

Of course, Kev XY should be "Head Editor" since it was his idea.

I thought Kev said he didn't want to??
    Oh.. Anyways I'd like to run. And here is a more in-depth plan of my idea of a newspaper layout:

[This would be just the layout of any issue, really]

Front Page

Title, which takes up the whole top, or is beside a graphic. We could think of a cool name for it, such as the: PokeGazette, PokeCommunity Times, PokeCommunity Gazette, etc.
    Main Article, which takes up the center of the page and the right hand section of the page. It is directly under the title, and takes up about half of the page.
    Smaller article, which is directly under the main article, but is smaller than most other articles.
    Left hand side will have an 'Inside This Issue:' section, and directly under that we can list the Newspaper Staff.

Front Page [Flip]

Calendar, but listing out dates and events. We could put any scheduled downtime, staff birthdays, or anything that we can think of. This takes up about 1/3 of the page.
    Normal article, this is a normal-sized article, which also takes up about 1/3 of the page. It could be about any happenings around PC.
    MysteryMod Article. This is somthing that is a contest-type thing. We interview a secret staff member, and write an article about him/her. The non-newspaper staff community can guess which staff member it is an possibly get a prize, or their name in the next issue. This also takes up 1/3 of the page.

Second Page

This one will have 2 normal sized articles at the top, taking up about 1/3 of the page each. It could be about any happenings around PC.
    At the bottom we could have a Forum Spotlight, which will also take op 1/3 of the page. If any forum as shown a burst of activity, or we feel there is a reason that we should include this forum, it gets an article all to itself.

Second Page [Flip]

Member Q&A. At the top, we could interview 3 normal members, and just ask them any questions about Pokemon, what they are interested in at PC, or whatever. This takes up about 1/2 of the page, and we could include the avatar of the questioned members.
    At the bottom, we could have Roleplay/FanFic reviews, we could have games, or really anythig else that would fit.

These are my ideas for this issue:

Front Page

Title, which takes up the whole top, or is beside a graphic. We could think of a cool name for it, such as the: PokeGazette, PokeCommunity Times, PokeCommunity Gazette, etc.
    Main Article - We could introduce ourselves as newspaper staff for this article.
    Smaller article -

Front Page [Flip]

Calendar - [we would fill this in last minute, right before we go public with the issue]
    Normal article - We could interview Aurapostle, for just being modded.
    MysteryMod Article - This we would have to discuss via PM...

Second Page

Normal Article - Emblems, maybe.
    Normal Article -
    Forum Spotlight - Roleplaying forums??

Second Page [Flip]

Member Q&A - We can randomly pick three members, whether they be noobs or members that have been here for years.
    Extra -

And a toned-down version of my main layout idea [this is just for me... lol]:

---/Front Page
    _Title
    _Main Article
    _Small Article
    _Inside This Issue
    _Newspaper Staff
    ---/Front Page [Flip]
    _Calendar
    _Normal Article
    _MysteryMod
    ---/Second Page
    _Normal Article
    _Normal Article
    _Forum Spotlight
    ---/Second Page [Flip]
    _Member Q&A
    _Extra [Games, Reviews, etc.]

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    [EDIT: I started this post when .Sublime said:Of course, Kev XY should be "Head Editor" since it was his idea.]

Oh.. Anyways I'd like to run. And here is a more in-depth plan of my idea of a newspaper layout:

Front Page

Main Article, which takes up the center of the page and the right hand section of the page. It is directly under the title, and takes up about half of the page.
    Smaller article, which is directly under the main article, but is smaller than most other articles.
    Left hand side will have an 'Inside This Issue:' section, and directly under that we can list the Newspaper Staff.

Front Page [Flip]

Calendar, but listing out dates and events. We could put any scheduled downtime, staff birthdays, or anything that we can think of. This takes up about 1/3 of the page.
    Normal article, this is a normal-sized article, which also takes up about 1/3 of the page. It could be about any happenings around PC.
    MysteryMod Article. This is somthing that is a contest-type thing. We interview a secret staff member, and write an article about him/her. The non-newspaper staff community can guess which staff member it is an possibly get a prize, or their name in the next issue. This also takes up 1/3 of the page.

Second Page

This one will have 2 normal sized articles at the top, taking up about 1/3 of the page each. It could be about any happenings around PC.
    At the bottom we could have a Forum Spotlight, which will also take op 1/3 of the page. If any forum as shown a burst of activity, or we feel there is a reason that we should include this forum, it gets an article all to itself.

Second Page [Flip]

Member Q&A. At the top, we could interview 3 normal members, and just ask them any questions about Pokemon, what they are interested in at PC, or whatever. This takes up about 1/2 of the page, and we could include the avatar of the questioned members.
    At the bottom, we could have Roleplay/FanFic reviews, we could have games, or really anythig else that would fit.

Front Page

Main Article - We could introduce ourselves as newspaper staff for this article.
    Smaller article -

Front Page [Flip]

Calendar - [we would fill this in last minute, right before we go public with the issue]

Second Page

Normal Article -

Second Page [Flip]

Member Q&A - We can randomly pick three members, whether they be noobs or members that have been here for years.
    Extra -

---/Front Page
    _Title
    _Main Article
    _Small Article
    _Inside This Issue
    _Newspaper Staff
    ---/Front Page [Flip]
    _Calendar
    _Normal Article
    _MysteryMod
    ---/Second Page
    _Normal Article
    _Normal Article
    _Forum Spotlight
    ---/Second Page [Flip]
    _Member Q&A

*is gobsmacked*

WOW!
    Very nicely done, ~|symphony♪! I know I'm not Lead Editor (yet *evil laugh*), but I would love for this to be the layout for our newsletters!

Although, do you think we could explain the "uprising" of the newsletter rather than our introductions? Seeing as I've already pretty much written what I would like to be the main article...

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Does everybody have aim? I know that's probably impossible, but that could be a way of us secretely communicating. Or by email. Whatever....

I like your layout, symphony. Now everyone needs to decide who's doing what and who will put the paper all together...

Kev XY, I think you should make a clear list of everyone who's going to be involved. Or I can do it if you want to wait till tomorrow.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years

Front Page

Front Page [Flip]

Second Page

Second Page [Flip]

Front Page

Smaller article -

Front Page [Flip]

Second Page

Normal Article -

Second Page [Flip]

Extra -

---/Front Page
    _Title
    _Main Article
    _Small Article
    _Inside This Issue
    _Newspaper Staff
    ---/Front Page [Flip]
    _Calendar
    _Normal Article
    _MysteryMod
    ---/Second Page
    _Normal Article
    _Normal Article
    _Forum Spotlight
    ---/Second Page [Flip]
    _Member Q&A

Amazing.
    I love that layout.

I'm curious as to what MysteryMod is though...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    *is gobsmacked*

WOW!
    Very nicely done, ~|symphony♪! I know I'm not Lead Editor (yet *evil laugh*), but I would love for this to be the layout for our newsletters!

Although, do you think we could explain the "uprising" of the newsletter rather than our introductions? Seeing as I've already pretty much written what I would like to be the main article...

Ya, I thought that was somthing like what you said you thought *checks*

Ohh... I said at the very top of my post that I was running, just not sure if you noticed o_O

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Ok, I'll make a list of who I know wants to be part of this. If I leave you out, all you have to do is tell me... don't make a big deal about it.

Kev XY
    Angela
    .Sublime
    ~|symphony♪
    ─AdvancedK9─ (yes?)
    Old Lace
    Dark_Link12
    Pikalover10

And here's the list for the people running for Lead Editor, remember... just let me know if I left you out or if you would like to be added.

Kev XY
    Angela
    ~|symphony♪

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
    Ok, I'll make a list of who I know wants to be part of this. If I leave you out, all you have to do is tell me... don't make a big deal about it.

Kev XY
    Angela
    .Sublime
    ~|symphony♪
    ─AdvancedK9─ (yes?)
    Dark_Link12
    Pikalover10

And here's the list for the people running for Lead Editor, remember... just let me know if I left you out or if you would like to be added.

Kev XY
    Angela
    ~|symphony♪

That seems like enough people to run a paper, but I just realized that you left off Old Lace if he's still interested. Tell me what I need to do for my part and I'll do it right away :)

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    ...kay what. If this was going to be put together, it'd be put together by the PC staff. So before you start trying to form an official newsletter on your own without any staff involvement, I'm gonna lock this now.
    *Locked*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back