• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying gym leader in FR/LG?

Most Annoying Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Misty

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Koga

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Blaine

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Giovanni

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters

Dominance

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2011
    Misty is tough if you started with Charmander and didn't grab a Pikachu in Viridian forest. Koga gave me the most trouble on my first play through of the game though. The level jump from Erika to him was quite large and his Muk can become very annoying.

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Koga was very easy for me, I had a Hypno with Psychic and took down his whole team with it. Brock, Misty, Erika, Lt. Surge, Blaine and the other gym leaders were easy. (FR/LG btw). In Blue, I had trouble with Brock because of the ground weakness(chose Bulbasaur). The other ones I used a Dugtrio to kill them all.

Years
  • same as most people, I chose misty because I chose charmander as my starter and I really don't like pikachu so I didn't use one. funnily enough, before the third gym I caught an oddish, was a little too late :(...

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Brock is pretty hard if you started with Charmander.
    Misty is annoying if you started with Squirtle or Charmander.
    Lt. Surge is fairly annoying if you started with Bulbasaur.

That's how I see it.

Meri-tje

Cute Pokémon FTW!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    I voted for Blaine
    I usually only use the Lapras and no rock types in FR

I'm really surprised so many people picked Misty
    At that stage of the game it's fairly easy to overlevel your starter/pikachu/oddish/bellsprout and kick her butt

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • Ughhhh Misty! I chose Charmander and it didn't go well. Not well at all. Starmie=DEATH:(

Bankaiglade

Rainbow Trainer
    Years
  • Koga ,caused Too many status conditions! ._. But,I chose squirtle,and blastoise(it was one by then) went from level 38 to level 49 after i grinded for a few minutes...So i was able to heal from toxic and get a hit in....Still was hard though..

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I would have to go with Koga because of the constant infliction of status conditions. Otherwise, Alakazam took care of him pretty quickly, albeit the status infliction which did a number on his HP.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Mines would have to be Lt. Surge because I had a Pidgeotto or Pidgeot (can't remember which one) and I had either a Wartoltle or a Blastoise on my team and Electricty was their weaknesses. Erika wasn't a problem because I had Pidgeot

:t354:TG

Fire Walker

The Wanderer
    Years
  • Mine would have to be Koga. I had Venusaur with pretty much all grass moves my first time through and just could not take down Weezing or Muk.

Years
  • In the remakes, Koga and Misty are pretty much the only gym leaders that are actually challenging. Misty because Starmie has far superior stats to anything you will have at that point and that hax-happy Water Pulse, Koga mainly because of Levitate, Selfdestruct/Explosion and Minimize.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    i completely hated sabrina, because i don't think i had many pokemon that had a dark or bug move.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • My struggle in these games was against Koga. If my Blastoise or Charizard had gotten taken out I was guaranteed to lose and if I picked Bulbasaur I would probably have lost anyway.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Misty.

I didn't find her that hard, she just spammed Water Pulse all the time, which made me confused, and then my Pokemon would just be u_u confused. obvious.

Although I must admit, Koga comes in close second.

strange, coulda sworn this thread had already been blessed with my presence.

Back