• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most annoying gym leader in FR/LG?

Most Annoying Gym Leader?

• Brock

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Misty

Votes: 58 30.2%
  • Lt. Surge

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Erika

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Koga

Votes: 41 21.4%
  • Sabrina

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Blaine

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Giovanni

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Koga was quite annoying for me, especially because I raised my Venusaur and only my Venusaur, everything else was an HM Slave. His entire team was incredibly bulky and knew either explosion or evasion moves, a nuisance to any trainer. I did manage to beat him, though, after some intense Venusaur grinding.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Misty... first of all I chose charmander as my starter, which had good moves to use on, and her starmie kept spamming recover so it prolonged the battle even further ._.

Rizzy

// Friendship >> Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2011
    Lt. Surge
    I just hated those damn buttons in the trash cans.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Sabrina.

Because of the lack of Dark-types in Gen I, I always have to grind up my levels to 40+ to even come close to her Alakazam.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I wouldn't really say annoying since I like difficult battles. They feel more realistic. I think the hardest battles were probably Misty and Sabrina.

If we're going by which battle that I found boring/worth skipping, I'd probably choose Lt. Surge or Koga. I had Sandslash so I was pretty safe.

Years
  • Without grinding, Koga is probably the biggest troll of them all. He was still easily defeated by my Vaporeon though... But yeah, Koga is most annoying.
    Before challenging Misty... Well I can just take Bulbasaur as a starter/find a Pikachu/go, bypass the Cerulean city for an Oddish.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Koga is overleveled... he's got a freaking level 43 Weezing on his team, and the previous Gym Leader's Pokemon didn't even break 30 levelwise.

But yeah, he drives me insane.

Hyperlust

Sassy McSasserson
    Years
  • Brock. But that's only because in Yellow, starting with Pikachu and trying to beat his stupid pokemon was a pain.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Misty because I chose a Charmander. lol
    I remember trying like 50 times to beet her, and finally succeeded.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • It's always the final two Gyms that are really easy in all of the games...

Misty was the bane of my existence, because I love choosing Charmander.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Misty was a pain since my starter was Charmander. Other than her, I didn't really have any trouble getting thru the gyms.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Lt. Surge. It's just he was always in the way before Erika where you could get a heap of new pokemon and constantly annoyed me with his gym puzzle.

Cockman!

o_o What a majestic creature!
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    MOST DEFINITELY GIO! Though all of us were fairly leveled up by the time we had to face him, his team was probably the most rounded. Not only consisting of ground type moves he could counter water easily.

Back