• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most annoying Gym Leader

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • The Steel-Clad Defense Girl

Thread like this back over in Pokémon General. So, I'll put my post over there here, and use your format. XD
    Most annoying Gym Leader

Jasmine

One of the most annoying Gym Leaders to me was "The Steel-Clad Defense Girl". Otherwise known as Jasmine of Olivine City. No, not due to the fact you had to find her in the Sparkling Lighthouse and help the Ampharos, I like the side trips. ;D The main reason? The introduction of steel type in the second generation, and her beloved Steelix. Majority of trainers selected Cyndaquil, to get Typhlosion, so they had no problem wiping Jasmine off the face of the earth with fire. However, I'm one of those Chikorita Johto players, at the point of reaching Jasmine, I didn't even have Meganium yet, I still had Bayleef. XD Not only that, I didn't have the sufficient knowledge as to what was super effective against Steel types. All of my Pokémon were leveled around the upper twenties, early thirties. (Yeah, I used all the money I had those days to keep me going on potions, etc) So, why did I have such a rough time with her? An annoying reason in fact... Supersonic, so basically by the time I defeated the two Magnemites, most of my Pokémon were thunder waved and paralyzed and hurt plenty by confusion. So, how fun is it we're all crippled and meet a giant Steelix for the first time to get crushed to bits by Iron Tail and Rock Throw. 8D It was lovely! This was the scenario when I attempted to defeat Jasmine countless times, I eventually trained everyone into mid thirties and luck was still on her side with confusion knocking me out of commission many times for Steelix to wipe me out. After losing to Jasmine numerous times, I simply trained like a mad man (Which payed off for later Gym Leaders as well) and finally defeated her. It was toughest, and the most annoying Gym Leader I had ever faced since Misty of Kanto. Jasmine remains to this day the hardest and most annoying Gym Leader I ever faced.

In your format;

Gen: II
    Person: Jasmine
    Pokémon: Steelix & Magenemite duo (They all played a role)
    Reason: bad luck with confusion and par, to be wiped out by Steelix

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Since this has turned into a discussion about all the games, not just the GBA ones, I'm moving this to Pokémon General.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Gen:D/P
    Person:Cynthia
    Pokemon:Milotic
    Reason:It's super high defense and hydro pump almost made me lose!

Years
  • well lets think maybe whitney or well i cant think of anyone else accept from whitney from her milktank well milktanks hardest move is rollout it just kills my pokemon so i put them in the daycare

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
  • Mine are these
    R/B/Y:Giovonni
    G/S/C:Whitney
    R/S/E:Tate and Lisa
    D/P/P:The 7th gym leader the ice type one forgot her name XD.

Eagledawn

Sapphire
    Years
  • Let's see...
    R/B/Y/FR/LG: Brock and Misty were pure evil because I always go with Charmander. Don't recall how I beat them, but it was sheer luck.
    G/S/C/: Whitney was the worst. Stupid little crybaby killed my Quilava with her stupid Miltank's stupid Rollout. x_x
    R/S/E: Umm, Norman had it in for me. Lost about 10 times before I finally managed to paralyze his Slaking and got lucky when it didn't Facade me to death. Then I just killed it with whatever move would be most effective. XD Tate and Liza were hard, also, because I used Blaziken and none of my Pokemon were strong against Psychic types.
    D/P: They were all equally easy, 'nuff said. All of them.

Years
  • Hardest Gym Leaders

The hardest gyms for me was Brock in Kanto , Whitney in Johto , Juan in Hoen and Roark in Sinnoh...... and if i could pick a champion that was hard it would be Red in Gold version lol

Back