• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most Common Item in the Underground?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
  • So I was just in the Underground, looking for Red Shards, and I realized that I got at least 1 Hard Stone on every single dig, and have for a while! So, I was just wondering, what item do you find the most?

Besides, of course, spheres.
    Also, please specify what kind of item you get. Eg. Flame plate, Blue shard, Leaf stone, Claw fossil.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Other than spheres I get fossils the most.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I too get a lot of fossils I mean I've got like 8 Kabuto :P also a lot of the evolutionary stones, iron balls, and shards.

Xous

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, it seems like Hard Stones are in 9/10 of my digs in both Diamond and Platinum. In Diamond, I also got a lot of Max Revives at one point.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    >.<

Forgot about hardstones. next to those, fossils come second.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
  • I ALWAYS get those pointless spheres and THUNDER STONES!!! I swear I have at least 30 Thunderstones from looking for Red Shards... I remember I used to get a crap load of shards in D/P now it takes me forever to get 1 red one.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I tend to dig up lots of blue shards and fossils when im underground. Other times I tend to randomly find draco and fighting plates.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2011
    I've lately run into a lot of Skull Fossils, Hard Stones, Thunder and Fire Stone. I have had an easier time finding Heart Scales in Platinum than I did in either Diamond or Pearl though.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Statistically, Red, Green, and Blue Spheres are the most common things you run into Underground(They're tied in frequency).

I can't remember what the most common actual Item is, but the Rarest Statistically is Odd Keystone

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2012
    I always find Iron balls in pearl. I haven't been in the underground in plat, so I can't speak for that game yet. =)

Anyone know statistically how likely it is to find a heart scale?

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I always find Iron balls in pearl. I haven't been in the underground in plat, so I can't speak for that game yet. =)

Anyone know statistically how likely it is to find a heart scale?

IIRC It's somewhere around the early-middle in frequency. It's not even slightly Rare, but It's not super Common either

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I have to say I am quite lucky. xD

Anytime I go underground, I get so many heart scales that I don't know what to do with them all. >.>

Back