• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most disappointing Pokemon from Unova

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Disappointing to me means trying to add a Pokemon to my team and it not bring able to pull its weight as much as I expect. So, Pawniard and Golurk hit those points for me with Black/White. Tried using both and ended up having to drop both.

Years
  • I agree with a lot of people that Maractus was forgettable but I personally was most disappointed with swoobat. Woobat was alright and then it evolved into just a meh design.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2020
    I think Trubbish is pretty bad to be honest. A trash bag? Come on!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Im not gonna lie although maractus and alomola come to mind stunfisk was way baddddddd i mean just no i hope they try to make a better ground and electric type eventually.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Design-wise, Emboar, Cryogonal, Klinklang, Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus (in their Incarnate Formes) and Garbodor could make a grown man cry from their sheer ugliness.

As for stats, moves, etc. (basically Pokémon's worth in a battle), I don't like the elemental monkeys (sorry, I just can't see anyone using them after being done with the Striaton Gym), Archeops because of its terrible ability, and Stunfisk.

Zorua being event-exclusive was very disappointing. That was a huge letdown, especially after how much Game Freak tried to market Zorua and Zoroark... they were the first Gen V Pokémon to be revealed to the public, for crying out loud.

And while this doesn't affect my opinion of this Pokémon, I felt a bit cheated when I found out Terrakion isn't a Ground-type... it's a Rock/Fighting-type. That's a deceiving name you have there, Terrakion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Design weighs heavily in my eyes. I can deal with ugly, but Unova churned out a lot of Pokemon there were downright dumb looking so I'm probably going to name a couple big offenders for me.

My first big disappointment was Emboar. I was all for Tepig, but the end design was really discouraging. I think I would of been okay with it if it didn't keep the fire/fighting theme. If you're going to do something like that right after the last two you gotta make it better than the last two...

Conkeldurr and Seismitoad. I put them together because I think they're my two biggest disappointments. They're so ugly I can't bare to use them. I'm annoyed at their existence.

Basculin... why

Vanilluxe line I don't need to explain

there are others but these really bother me

Years
  • I can't stand Stunfisk and Trubbish. I've never really thought much about Alomomola and Maractus; the latter is pretty cute though. It's a shame Alomomola didn't evolve from Luvdisc, though.
    I'm not mad keen on Gothitelle at all; I had one once and found it really disappointing.
    Basculin would be MUCH better if it had an evolution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    All of them
    Most of the pokémon that were trying to replace older versions of pokémon (Patrat with Ratatta for example) were incredibly weak visually and in battle. This happens every generation but it was most disappointing here as Gen V was meant to be a "reboot" for the series yet with pokémon this bland and uninteresting it made the pokémon look like knock-offs of already existing pokémon.

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
    Years
  • You know it's funny because people have made multiple videos on Youtube showcasing how over half of the Pokemon introduced in Gen 5 are just copouts of the Pokemon from the first generation, yet you don't see people bashing generation 1 on how dumb some of the designs are. Granted there are some good designs in Gen 5 (Hydreigon for example, it's original... cough cough), but most of them are plain copies from generation 1. Go look up a video about it if you don't believe me.

My least favorite Pokemon from gen 5 though has to be Watchog. Especially in Black and White when the 2nd gym leader's Pokemon levels are really high compared to the first gym, and Watchog is really annoying unless your Pokemon are trained well.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • I was particularly not a fan of Alomomola and Accelgor as far as battling capabilities go. The former has too much HP to the point that it drained so much out of everything else, and Accelgor is something I feel like cannot hit hard or take a hit well enough because it's far too focused on Speed, making it even worse than its counterpart Escavalier.

Reactions: Sun

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't even know why Stunfisk exists. I know people like it, but usually for memetic reasons and not for a true appreciation of the Pokemon. It's an awful Ground/Electric type with "eh" stats. I'll give it merit for having a pretty good movepool, but that's where the good bits end. It only exists to be laughed at.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    My disappointments are stat wise related stuff.

Galvantula should have a higher defensive stats, at least 80 for each, as well as higher speed and Special Attack. It's a Pokémon with potential.

I'm totally surprised when Beartic couldn't learn the move Earthquake, but hey at least it learns a few Water-type moves and Rock Slide.

Darmanitan's should be able to learn Thunder Punch as a move tutor and other moves that its Sheer Force Ability can take advantage of. Those defensive stats aren't something to be proud of, either.

Vanilluxe, I don't hate its design like most people here. It's its limited movepool that makes me dislike it. Those stats aren't so bad at all, such wasted potential.

Unova starters, they all look cool. However, their movepools and stats aren't impressive. It can be better than what they have right now.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • A bunch of y'all really like ripping out trash bags, cacti, ice cream and whatnot. :| Civilization must really suck for y'all.

Design wise, Heatmor was truly underwhelming. In terms of battling prowess, Klinklang was a missed-out opportunity to have odd-looking Pokemon kick butt, especially when it had Gear Grind. Well, it grinds my gears knowing that those overrated over-the-top fan-pandering Pokemon can knock it out cleanly and proceeded to laugh at its "ugliness".

I just wanna call out Golurk, Mienshao and Bisharp for having obnoxiously high evolution levels. Off-putting really. Other than that, I've nothing to nitpick on them; they just got undermined by poor gameplay developers. (At the risk of sounding cliche, Archeops falls into the same boat.) .-.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I'll say Jellicent and Chandelure. They are good, but have almost no reason to be used over Cofagrigus.

Heatmor... you all know why. It's forgettable, kinda weak, and is a failure when put next to Durant.

Klinklang has zero movepool, otherwise it could have been really good, what with Shift Gear, Gear Grind and Wild Charge.

And don't laugh at Stunfisk, it can really mess with your opponent's Flying-types, having really high defenses and a decent special attack.

Sirfetch’d

I was particularly not a fan of Alomomola and Accelgor as far as battling capabilities go. The former has too much HP to the point that it drained so much out of everything else, and Accelgor is something I feel like cannot hit hard or take a hit well enough because it's far too focused on Speed, making it even worse than its counterpart Escavalier.

I don't like Accelgor or Escavalier due to their ridiculous evolution methods. It's really not worth the trouble to get them. I kinda like Alomamola though. It's a really good defensive Pokemon that can spread Scald burns well. It can also support with high HP wishes.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • Basculin is one that comes to mind. It could have had a cool evolution, but nope. Not sure why.

Then we've got Alomomola, which looked like an evolved form of Luvdisc...nope. Just its own Pokémon. Felt like a lot of potential wasted to me. :(

Are you a mind reader? Because that is exactly what I was going to say lol. XD

Years
  • I think Klinklang is one that had a lot of potential, what with it being the only holder of a move that boosts Speed by two stages plus an Attack boost...and yet, it gets almost nothing to use it with except Return, Gear Grind and (as of B2W2) Wild Charge. And Rock Smash. Would've been better if it got Rock Slide, or if literally nothing else Rock Tomb.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    there are worse offenders imo but im going to say the tepig line, because it didn't start bad but then crashed hard. initially when the starters were revealed tepig was my favorite. it had so much potential to be good, but then took the same route as blaziken and infernape which at that point didn't need to be done again. honestly if they were going to make another fire/fighting pokemon after two very good ones they would have had to make it even better to be passable and instead it's the worst of the three.

Back