• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most useless/unnessesary Pokemon?

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
Years
  • What do some of you guys think? For me, it's....

I just don't understand this thing. If it doesn't evolve into Manaphy, which it looks just like by the way, and I don't think it's all that strong, then.....What the heck is it for?!
    It has a tiny part in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness and that's it.

Some of the evolutions in Gen. 4 seem unnessesary too. Did we really need Lickitung, Tangela, Togetic...and others I'm too lazy to think of at the moment to evolve?

you're crazy right? how bout u take manaphy and phione and have a tag battle. you might see why it aint pointless. in my opinion there really is no certain most pointless pokemon because there are strategies and special abilities for each. although lickilicki is kinda stupid

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Magikarp WOULD be on the list if it didn't have such a strong evolution. But maybe Dunsparce is the most useless. That Pokemon was virtually on the border of being erased from my memory, but now I have been reminded. That wasn't very nice >:(.

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Spinda, I mean really, what can you say pro to that. Bad sprite, bad stats I mean...

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • What do some of you guys think? For me, it's....

I just don't understand this thing. If it doesn't evolve into Manaphy, which it looks just like by the way, and I don't think it's all that strong, then.....What the heck is it for?!
    It has a tiny part in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness and that's it.

Some of the evolutions in Gen. 4 seem unnessesary too. Did we really need Lickitung, Tangela, Togetic...and others I'm too lazy to think of at the moment to evolve?

OBJECTION!

Togetic's evo can be pretty dang amazing to use.

Serene Grace/Air Slash ftw

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Uuuhm. Finneon? What do we need that one for?
    Wait a little.. Gulpin and Swalot! YAY! ANOTHER FREAKING PILE OF SLUDGE. We really be in need for that one, yer, ma mateys.
    Oh, and can someone tell me what we needed Glalie for, apart from being a floating (r)ice ball? :(

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    Unown. They really have no reason to exist other than being cool movie materials. Other than that they are very useless.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am getting tired of threads like this...oh and you know something? I like all pokmeon bcuz they are special in their own way and one day if you say UGH its one of them, this should be easy to beat and they beat you..watch who will be crying!

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Pre-evolutions are only necassary for battles against actual people.

I believe that Luvdisc is useless. Well for me at least. It's not good at all for anything and I just keep it in a box by itself.

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
  • I take it you never played the second generation games then. Cutting things (wood for charcoal in the games' case) is Farfetch'ds' occupational use.

No, I have played second gen.

I guess I'm looking at Farfetch'ds' usefulness more from a competitive standpoint than an in-game standpoint. Honestly, of the hundreds and hundreds of shoddy battles I've done I have never seen a Farfetch'd... and I think I know why: a mediocre move pool, terrible stat distribution, weakness to Stealth Rock, bland Normal/Flying typing, etc.

However, as I said, I suppose Farfetch'd could be of some use in-game (G/S/C) for capturing with False Swipe and, erm, for NPC's cutting wood/charcoal. But viewing the Pokemon gen. currently, in my opinion, Farfetch'd is useless.

Also, the Unowns are a form of writing — a language, without language where would we be?

Again, from how I'm looking at things (from a current competitive standpoint rather than in-game), they're useless. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Whiscash line, Unown, Wingull, Pelipper, Delibird, Plusle, Minun... I could go on all day. There's just too many crap.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Hmm.. I'd say Bidoof, Rotom, Phione, and the lake trio legendaries. I mean, the trios aren't useless, I just don't like them personally (XD Azelf + Explosion). Phione and Rotom because I don't know why they were deemed legendary in the first place (don't get me wrong; Phione is one of my faves). Bidoof for some actual uselessness.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Unown. They're basically just there to collect all of them, and you definitely can't use them for battle. I never even try to catch them anymore. They serve absolutely no purpose =P

Back