• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Wouldn't Scrafty be better off with Payback? Or is it better to keep Crunch?

Just keep Crunch. Payback is rather unreliable, as there are Pokemon slower than Scrafty and I'd rather have a more reliable, consistent STAB to fall back on if a Pokemon weak to Dark happens to be slower than Scrafty.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Just keep Crunch. Payback is rather unreliable, as there are Pokemon slower than Scrafty and I'd rather have a more reliable, consistent STAB to fall back on if a Pokemon weak to Dark happens to be slower than Scrafty.
    Yeah, I think I'll go with Crunch then. What items could it use well other than Leftovers?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yeah, I think I'll go with Crunch then. What items could it use well other than Leftovers?

Leftovers is generally the best option for Bulk Up Scrafty, IMO. If you're playing by item clause and if someone else is carrying Leftovers, Sitrus Berry is an acceptable alternative.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Quick Question:
    I recently got the pokeball vivillion, just started to be released in Europe in aus, so what's a good nature and moveset for vivillion

Once again:
    -Quiver Dance
    -Hurricane
    -Sleep Powder
    -Substitute/Bug Buzz
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Compound Eyes

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    -Bulk Up
    -Crunch
    -Drain Punch
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Shed Skin

What if I replace Rest with Amnesia? That way Scrafty can set up with either Bulk Up or Amnesia depending on what the opponent's Pokémon stronger offensive stat is. I'm not sure about this as Rest is very good with Shed Skin, but then again Scrafty will have Drain Punch for some recovery and being able to actually limit the damage done by oncoming attacks is more useful than recovering from that damage, even though I'd like to have both.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • -Bulk Up
    -Crunch
    -Drain Punch
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Ability: Shed Skin

What if I replace Rest with Amnesia? That way Scrafty can set up with either Bulk Up or Amnesia depending on what the opponent's Pokémon stronger offensive stat is. I'm not sure about this as Rest is very good with Shed Skin, but then again Scrafty will have Drain Punch for some recovery and being able to actually limit the damage done by oncoming attacks is more useful than recovering from that damage, even though I'd like to have both.
    Amnesia is a big no-no. While Bulk Up Scrafty has recovery in Drain Punch, it may not be enough and its fourth moveslot needs to be spent on Rest. Rest isn't that unreliable on Shed Skin Scrafty, since Shed Skin may cause Scrafty to spend less than 2 turns asleep.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    How can a Mamoswine be faster than a Fully Speed trained 31 ivs at speed Talonflame?Quick Claw?
    Quick Claw or Trick Room. Or the Mamoswine had a +Speed Nature and 31 in Speed and a Choice Scarf, while the Talonflame's Nature does not give +Speed. Or the move was increased priority.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Now, I know Metronome is not in any way a reliable move. In fact, it is probably the most unreliable move in the game. But I would like to have a Metronome Pokémon not to use in Rating Battles, instead I want to have some random fun in Free Battles :).

What's a good Pokémon with Metronome and a good set for it?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Now, I know Metronome is not in any way a reliable move. In fact, it is probably the most unreliable move in the game. But I would like to have a Metronome Pokémon not to use in Rating Battles, instead I want to have some random fun in Free Battles :).

What's a good Pokémon with Metronome and a good set for it?

Try Togekiss. It has reasonable bulk, but take note that Metronome or anything else luck-based will not guarantee you any wins:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Metronome
    -Roost
    Nature: Calm/Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef (Calm) or 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Try Togekiss. It has reasonable bulk, but take note that Metronome or anything else luck-based will not guarantee you any wins:
    -Thunder Wave
    -Air Slash
    -Metronome
    -Roost
    Nature: Calm/Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef (Calm) or 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Yeah, I know, that's why this is for Free Battles. I wouldn't dare go into any Rating Battles or Competitions with this, I just wanna use it in Free Battles where I don't really care about winning but rather using randomness for fun.

By the way, what's a good actual Togekiss build as well? I'm breeding for the Fairy compeition and I've already got Clefable and I'm doing Mawile right now, I just need one more.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yeah, I know, that's why this is for Free Battles. I wouldn't dare go into any Rating Battles or Competitions with this, I just wanna use it in Free Battles where I don't really care about winning but rather using randomness for fun.

By the way, what's a good actual Togekiss build as well? I'm breeding for the Fairy compeition and I've already got Clefable and I'm doing Mawile right now, I just need one more.

Same as above, except you drop Metronome for Flamethrower or Dazzling Gleam.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Move boosting

Assuming perfect set up fodder, is a life orb luxray using charge + electric terrain + wild charge a good idea? Don't think it'd fly in competitive very well, but what are your thoughts on boosting moves to oblivion?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oh great, that means when the competition comes I can just replace Metronome. Also, for the Metronome set, could Choice Scarf help instead?
    Not really, no. Relying on Metronome could lead to disastrous results, from copying Self-Destruct/Explosion to calling physical moves.
    Assuming perfect set up fodder, is a life orb luxray using charge + electric terrain + wild charge a good idea? Don't think it'd fly in competitive very well, but what are your thoughts on boosting moves to oblivion?

Your set makes Luxray utter setup bait for Ground Pokemon. The only Pokemon who can get away with 2 setup moves are those that can execute the "double-dance" strategy and have good 2-move coverage. The double-dance strategy consists of two boosting moves, one of which is used depending on the team. For example, in B/W, Terrakion sometimes used Rock Polish and Swords Dance together, the former for outspeeding most threats in offensive teams and the latter for smashing through defensive teams. Its Rock and Fighting STABs have good neutral coverage together as well. You shouldn't aim for both boosts, though. In your example, Luxray is viewed as an offensive Pokemon and it needs all the coverage it can get.

Other examples include Charizard X with Swords Dance + Tailwind, Therian Thundurus with Nasty Plot + Agility and Haxorus with Dragon Dance + Swords Dance.

I am using a harvest Exeggutor and Trevenant. Should I give them both Lum berries? Right now Exeggutor has the Lum and Trevenant has a Sitrus berry on it

Sitrus is generally the best option for Trevenant, while Exeggutor should use Lum.

Sets:

Trevenant:
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Phantom Force/Horn Leech
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/180 Def/76 Spe (Impish) or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef (Careful)
    Abiilty: Harvest

Exeggutor:
    -Giga Drain
    -Psychic
    -Sleep Powder
    -Rest
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 248 HP/152 SAtk/108 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry
    Ability: Harvest

Years
  • Serene Grace Status Spam

Hey guys like the title says i want a team based off of status spammin and trolling. This will be for Rating double battles.
    Heres what im looking for:

1. Kinda Push away from OU pokes. Dont want a full team of OU just some. Like Togekiss which will be my lead.

2. Dont want to use Poison or Burn trying to make this as uncommon and unpredictable as i can. Only Paralysis, Flinch, Sleep, or confusion. Ex. Togekiss para flinch.

3. Since im going to make use of Serene Grace dont want spore, or confuse ray or such. Just damage inflicting moves that have chance to inflict status.

4. Any ideas on a second Serene Grace pokemon.

5. How i should spead the EVs and IVs and what natures and movesets.

6. Sweeper? or staller team?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back