• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

must update this soon

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Yeah you're right, I think I had my white balance set to something silly to be honest. And the lighting was very orangey in any case. It's something I want to work on, but it was my first attempt at something like this, and for a start, it wasn't bad. Hopefully I'll be doing some photoshoots soon however :]

Aye, I wouldn't worry about trying to correctly sent your white balance at the time of shooting (on the camera). I can think of very few photographers who either bother to do that, or can successfully do it. It's one of the easiest things to fix in post, so most people just forget about it until they get to post-processing.

But since you said the lighting was pretty orangey to begin with, you're probably not too far off with the white balance.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    A few photographs from an hour out a few days ago, the weather was nice, so this was spontaneous, the sun was hating on me. But here's some of the shots.

Hey there lens flare
    Spoiler:

Does this remind anyone of a particular image of Lightning from FF13?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    A few photographs from an hour out a few days ago, the weather was nice, so this was spontaneous, the sun was hating on me. But here's some of the shots.

Hey there lens flare
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Only thing I would comment on is watching out for your lens flare. I know you like them and for the first three it is fine, but I think that little spot on your last picture, even though the scene is beautiful, ruins it a bit for me.

But you know I think you are a great photographer! So it is all good.​

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I agree with Fabio for the most part, the only other thing I see, is that the sky in your first two photo's is really blown out (correct me if I'm wrong Fabio). Unless the sky actually was white at that day.

Anyways, lovely as always Gav!

Years
    I agree with Fabio for the most part, the only other thing I see, is that the sky in your first two photo's is really blown out (correct me if I'm wrong Fabio). Unless the sky actually was white at that day.

Anyways, lovely as always Gav!

That is to do with exposure, however, I would have done the exact same thing just to add to the effect of the picture. :3​

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Alright, that's what I thought. Again it isn't really a bad thing, just different. For what it's worth.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Since I'm no good at giving criticism as far as photography is concerned, I wouldn't say much but..I'll just let you know that I think you are doing a very good job. Your photography skills are awesome.
    Really liked all those pics. Especially the first one. <3;

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years

Hey there lens flare
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Wow, amazing photography, glad to see your still doing art Gav.
    Curious, I wanted to know if you still did requests? o:

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Thanks for the crit guys, and I do like lens flares :]

New piece, nice to see G&P died without me.

must update this soon

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I forgot to update with this, but this is a header from the website I'm building.

must update this soon

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I recently found this and been dieing for something like it but with my own team and decent enought size that i could use it as a signature.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ZgQfu15G1CA&page=1&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...ZgQfu15G1CA&page=1&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

My Team
    `````````
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Empoleon
    Metagross
    Electivire
    Darkrai

The trainer can be the trainer from pokemon platinum.
    As far as the pictures go for the pokemon, im not a gfx person so i would not know how you would be positioning the pokemon and if i got wrong pics im not sure if you could make it work. If you could find the pokemon pics for it that be awsome.

For the back ground you can just use the floor of a pokemon stadium.
    Id you need any more info plz tell me.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    You posted a request in the wrong thread, post it here next time.

And nice new pieces, I really like how everything goes together, the first one is probably my favorite, I really like the pixel effect you added. And I was wondering, but what C4Ds (If those are C4Ds) did you use for the second piece?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    You can find them in moments' resource texture pack which he posted in his resource thread in this section, Speed :]
    And I'm afraid I'm not doing requests right now. But thanks for asking!

Quick update, not been in PS too much recently. Only just for making a PC style and misc things. This is the only real thing I've done in a while.

must update this soon

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I have a question. Did you make a tutorial? I used a tut and this was the result.

must update this soon

So did you make a tut of that? It was helpful. ;D

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really can't remember. I did that tag over a year ago. Sorry, but I'm glad you found something useful XD

I did some digital paintings recently. Click the images to see the full sizes.

must update this soon

must update this soon

Check out my DA.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    To be honest, when I first saw the Jack Sparrow picture I thought it was simply a normal screencap which was slightly under quality. And then I read that it was a digital painting. Needless to say, my mind was blown at how talented you are at art in general. I couldn't even tell the difference between the picture and an actual photo at first, which is just astounding. Great work! One thing I would point out that it doesn't have much of a background, or it's too blurred for my liking. Other than that, it looks amazing. :DD

The lighthouse I see you've gone about and used minimalist colours, which is different, but the style works for you. I'm not exactly a digital artist, or know anything about the stuff, so I can't exactly give any criticisms on it, but it looks amazing.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Well, when I draw, I draw in realism. And I'm more of a traditional artist than I like to admit lol. Though in saying that, I've finally found my way in transferring it to digital art. Though I got a tablet, which is why I had the patience to do that. I started making it really realistic in some places, but changed my mind, I was just recreating an image which I didn't want to do, so I left the artistic style. Though it did take about 6 hours of brushing. The lighthouse is an earlier one though. As for the background, I was considering drawing mountains in the background, but I thought it might get too busy, but I think I will now.

Anyway, I will probably do more digital painting, and try do less scenes and more abstract art.

Back